PDA

View Full Version : a little chip help (giac inside)

nopistons
03-25-2007, 12:18 AM
ok, i sold this kid my ecu with a giac chip over on the tex since i totaled my a4. he received the chip and called me after putting it in telling me that it didnt make a difference and that his car is running the same. both cars are aeb motors and ndbw and the chip is pgl30l7.03a.
im trying to clear a few things up, if the chip was toast the car wouldnt run correct? and these things are just plug and play? he doesnt have a boost gauge so imo he's got a boost leak or something of that sort. what exactly should i tell him, im inbetween a rock and a hard place, i'm not trying to be the doushe bag seller who pawns off broken ecu's..

Poopie
03-25-2007, 12:21 AM
he could be in limp mode which is stock mode.

Ewok_Fetus
03-25-2007, 05:41 AM
They need a couple of days sometimes to write the new fuel maps... Happens everytime I reset my ECU or anything.... Or could be what poopie said... Except for limp mode is worse than stock...

SeanF
03-25-2007, 06:52 AM
i would also guess hes got a leak... or is in limp mode... does he have a cel?

he really needs to invest in a boost gauge and vag-com... until then he's shit outta luck...

Ado
03-25-2007, 09:49 AM
ask hem to see if he can vag his car. it might be in limp mode.

mike-2ptzero
03-25-2007, 10:38 AM
Fuel maps are in the chip and not the ecu. The ecu just has to adapt to the new fuel maps by adding/removing fuel (block 032) but this happens pretty quickly when the car is driven.

Might want to ask the buyer if he did a throttle adapt after installing the chip.