PDA

View Full Version : Need help... overheating!

turboquattro
03-24-2007, 12:41 AM
I just got my timing belt replaced about 3 days ago, also had the waterpump changed and all of my belts and tensioners, i even posted about it a few days ago.
So i was driving home tonight i had my heat on like 83 degrees i believe. Everything was going good and then it quit blowing warm air..i thought to myself thats strange i didnt exactly know what happened but i looked at my temp guage and it was reading about 3/4 the way to the H. This tempeture was definately not what it usually runs it was always in the middle. so i drive it home it made it fine never got much past there but never went down (the needle that is). i get home listen to the car it sounds like its running normal no weird idle or anything i think. i turned it off and it smells like its overheating and was making a weird sort of humming noise when the engine was comepletely off.. I am soo confused to what is going on with this car ever since ive got it there has been nothing but problems and literally i just had ALL of the belts replaced. [:(] any thoughts would help.

Mawhitey
03-24-2007, 05:43 AM
It sounds like an airlock to me,its possible the garage didnt bleed it properly.Are you handy with spanners??

Militant-Grunt
03-24-2007, 09:15 AM
When you replaced everything, did you put the heater on high, with the lowest fan settings and run the car for a few minutes until it warms up? If not you got airlock for sure.

diagnosticator
03-24-2007, 11:42 AM
I agree with the air lock theory. Was the coolent tank level above minimum also?

onemoremile
03-24-2007, 11:46 AM
Airlock sound likely. Your heater core is potentially blocked by a bubble.

turboquattro
03-24-2007, 05:31 PM
yep it was an arilock you guys were right. i checked it out this morning had a buddy of mine help since im not an expert with this kind of stuff but now everything is good to go!! thanks for the help!

bOOOOstedAudi
03-24-2007, 05:38 PM
they are right. best thing to do is have then fluck and refil your system free os bubbles

bass_lover1
03-24-2007, 05:47 PM
No need to flush and refill, just need to bleed it.