PDA

View Full Version : European Leveling Wiring Kit

A4tsleeper
03-22-2007, 11:46 PM
He guys nead a little help. I looked and have seen it is posible to wire up my headlights so that i can manual raise and lower the beem.

My question is first what all do i nead to be able to do this.

These motors
http://ecstuning.com/stage/images/product/iadmin/1725_x600.jpg

and
http://ecstuning.com/stage/images/product/iadmin/134_x600.jpg

Correct?

Is there anything elce that i nead and how easy is it to wire up?

Thanks everone.

A4tsleeper
03-23-2007, 05:19 PM
Can anyone help me out?

quickglx
03-23-2007, 07:37 PM
Well thats about it... You'll want to get the connector and pins for the leveling motors and the correct switch, and some pins to add to your headlight wiring connector. You should be able to get the pins for the headlight connector from the dealer, but i'm not sure if the connectors for the motors are available separate from the headlight and headlight wiring harness... There are two styles of switches, one for the 96-99s with the older center console switches and one for the newer style that goes in the drivers knee bolster. Other than that it's pretty easy to wire up. Power, gnd, illumination, and the variable resistance wire from the switch. Power, gnd and resistance wires to the motors. You can just use some female spade connectors for the switch, at least the older style anyway. It's a nice feature to have, I use it more often than you might think. But I do lots of taveling at night on rural roads mostly in the a4.

A4tsleeper
03-23-2007, 11:08 PM
Where can i get a manual level control for a 2001? would the dealer have them?

d_maniac
03-24-2007, 05:01 AM
i can find those parts on esc

quickglx
03-24-2007, 08:36 AM
Where can i get a manual level control for a 2001? would the dealer have them?

There was a guy on the vortex selling one... PG performance has the switches and can get you a new european drivers side knee bolster to put it into as well. Ask them for a wiring diagram too. Dealer won't have those parts as they are european market only