PDA

View Full Version : Hot diggity I love Ebay!!

Ewok_Fetus
03-21-2007, 08:35 PM
So far in the past week I have bought the following.

B&M replica short shifter - $20 plus $10 shipping
Ultrasuede Fabric - $5 + $5 shipping
OEM Audi A4 spoiler - $14 + $20 shipping
$200 worth of Craftsman tools for $20 + $5 shipping

Comming up is more tools, a black Porsche "Turbo" badge for the rear, more ultrasuede, smoked side markers, VDO EGT guage and possibly AEM or Innovate wideband AFR...

What kind of good deals have you got?

bOOOOstedAudi
03-21-2007, 08:58 PM
my next ebay purchses will be an oem cd player, roof spoiler maybe and a transmission from toms ebay store

lilman05
03-21-2007, 09:09 PM
I would of spent a little more on the suede. I bought the cheap stuff to do the door cards and the arm rest. When I opened everything up and saw how much work it is to dremel the door cards and what not I decided to get some better materials. I bought high quality ultrasuede for $45 a yard shipped and im very happy with it. No fading, holds up stong and looks awesome. Just a thought. I also have the ebay B&M rep ss and its definately the best spent $30, you are gonna love it.

Militant-Grunt
03-21-2007, 09:10 PM
Thats pretty damn good.

I got really good quality ecodes for 110. With 10 dollar shipping.
Got a stock ecu for 170, perfect condition.

SoFresh
03-21-2007, 09:23 PM
That suede is going to look bad, i bought that first off too, had to resale it to but better stuff, i bet you bought the same stuff I did even from the same seller....

turboquattro068
03-21-2007, 09:39 PM
shit ill sell a stock ecu for that all day, any offers, i also have a maf, stock cat, with two new o2s....ones welded in[:D] .......two rear bumpers.....hmmmmmmmmm, im sure some other shit! stock intake, stock turbo!!! holller!!!

panix73
03-21-2007, 10:03 PM
Ultrasuede doesn't stretch like real suede.. or feel as nice. So doing your cards with synthetic suede will not only be a mess, it'll take you probably twice as long to get it to sit the right way. Just invest in the real deal, do it right the first time, and you'll be much happier in the end.
- Don't worry, you can thank us later for that tip [;)]

Das General
03-21-2007, 11:47 PM
i bought my dvd/navi off ebay. saved me about $400

HighDesertAudi
03-21-2007, 11:58 PM
Ultrasuede doesn't stretch like real suede.. or feel as nice. So doing your cards with synthetic suede will not only be a mess, it'll take you probably twice as long to get it to sit the right way. Just invest in the real deal, do it right the first time, and you'll be much happier in the end.
- Don't worry, you can thank us later for that tip [;)]

My OEM suede door inserts are Synthetic[:D]

Ewok_Fetus
03-22-2007, 03:16 AM
Ummmm, guys.... The ultrasuede I bought is made BY Ultra suede and is MADE for this kind of stuff, it wasn't the cheap stuff, I just got it for cheap... Mind you it isn't Alcantara, but very damn close...

94jedi
03-22-2007, 05:23 AM
I bought a jeep wrangler on ebay for cheap and I ended up selling it two years later one ebay for only a few hundred less.

andernalin_junk
03-22-2007, 06:35 AM
i just boght the hevy duty control arms (uppers and lower ) for both sides
for 225$ on ebay (shipping is a bit expensive becuse of the distance)

very good price [wrench]

onemoremile
03-22-2007, 06:52 AM
Ummmm, guys.... The ultrasuede I bought is made BY Ultra suede and is MADE for this kind of stuff, it wasn't the cheap stuff, I just got it for cheap... Mind you it isn't Alcantara, but very damn close...

Ultrasuede and Alcantara are the same thing made by the same company.

Ultrasuede is made by Toray Ultrasuede. Alcantara (technically, Alcantara Automotive Products) is the brand name for the automotive market and Ultrasuede covers the aftermarket, commercial, marine, and everything else.

http://www.gulffabrics.com/ is the authorized US distributor.

http://www.ultrasuede.com/where_to_buy/index.html
"All ultra-microfiber products for automotive applications are branded Alcantara® worldwide."

onemoremile
03-22-2007, 06:54 AM
I picked up some bumper shocks, a power steering pump, and a few other goodies. I also picked up a burled walnut piano bench, some dress shirts, and some carbon fiber cufflinks.

Tiluleshpingen
03-22-2007, 06:55 AM
^^^^^ dont mess with this man.. he's right he'll shred you in facts lol

94jedi
03-22-2007, 07:05 AM
and some carbon fiber cufflinks.

"for the discriminating automotive enthusiast" [cool]

Ewok_Fetus
03-22-2007, 01:31 PM
Yes, I know that they are the same company, it is just that there are three different styles of Alcantara... It is just the thickness... You have one for panels, seating and another for something else... I bought the Ambiance which is for RV's. Same stuff... Trust me, I don't cheap out on details like that...

cgbr4d
03-23-2007, 09:19 AM
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&satitle=a4+short+

Is this the short shifter you bought?

Rosati
03-23-2007, 09:23 AM
Thats pretty damn good.

I got really good quality ecodes for 110. With 10 dollar shipping.
Got a stock ecu for 170, perfect condition.

you can get stock ecu's cheaper than that on here

But yeah ebay is great for tools but idk how he scored the b and m shifter that cheap

ICEBIRGSLIM
03-23-2007, 01:01 PM
i got you all beat ... i got a k04, a high flow cat, and a ported & polished exhaust manifold for 700 with about a 1000 miles put on them from someone looking for more power!

hehe!

BING
03-23-2007, 01:24 PM
Shit, 3 years ago i bought a(theft recovery) 2001 A4 2.8 QM with 29k on the clock for $6000..had to put door cards,front and rear seats,headlights and an armrest..cost me $2100 for all.No body work needed !!!.Owned by a woman in north Mass. who was a real estate agent ,found all her business cards ,for sale signs and maintenance records in spare tire well..80k on it now and still strong.....

Ewok_Fetus
03-23-2007, 02:30 PM
But yeah ebay is great for tools but idk how he scored the b and m shifter that cheap

There was one for a B6 that went for that much that was an actual B&M, but if you read, it says replica...

Rosati
03-23-2007, 02:56 PM
yeah thats what i thought sry read too quick

How do you like it? is it worth it?

GTO
03-23-2007, 03:11 PM
I got an ebay spoiler it wasn't the OEM one, mine ended up being plyable and not exactly the OEM style but similar, didn't cost much but i don't know if you actually got a OEM spoiler at that price or an OEM style spoiler. Looks like you found some good deals though, i just would expect a real OEM spoiler.

Ewok_Fetus
03-23-2007, 03:49 PM
Yep, I got an OEM spoiler... Came off of a Euro trunk that someone got shipped from Germany... Has OEM part number on it and everything!!

I like the short shifter!! Wish it was alittle shorter... Also, I need to get rid of all of the play now... I think I need to do that U-joint mod to stiffen it up...

jbrentd
03-23-2007, 06:41 PM
I recently paid $20 for some oem base bars. Good deal IMO.

killa
03-24-2007, 12:10 PM
No negative experiences with ebay?

Ewok_Fetus
03-24-2007, 12:15 PM
I had one where some dude showed a picture of a forge DV stating such and I got it for $45. When it came in the mail it was a regular 710, torn diaphram and cracked... Paypal would only give me $10 back.