PDA

View Full Version : Used Bilsteins still good?

kozhockey4
03-21-2007, 03:34 PM
I was looking around in the classifieds and saw some grooved bilstein sports with about 50,000 miles on them and used for about two years. Are these two used/old to buy. He is asking like $325 shipped. should I not bother and just get new ones or try to talk him down in price. (keep in mind i am a college student)

and i searched quite a bit on this and didnt want to waste anymore time....

thanks.

AudiRacerS4
03-21-2007, 03:53 PM
you can get them new for around $500

badassbaldie
03-21-2007, 03:59 PM
I was looking around in the classifieds and saw some grooved bilstein sports with about 50,000 miles on them and used for about two years. Are these two used/old to buy. He is asking like $325 shipped. should I not bother and just get new ones or try to talk him down in price. (keep in mind i am a college student)

and i searched quite a bit on this and didnt want to waste anymore time....

thanks.

I had bought a pair of used Bilsteins for my 2nd A4 (the one you were interested in...[:D]) and they worked fine. I wouldn't pay any more than $250-$275 shipped though (I paid $275 shipped with about 20k miles on them). They do carry a million mile warranty for the original owner so you might want to see if the person you are buying them off of is just that. That way, if one of them should go bad, you can have him send it in for you.

I had an "ace in the hole" so to speak when I bought my used set in that I had the original receipt from my first A4 (Bilsteins also).

Good luck.[up]

kozhockey4
03-21-2007, 04:23 PM
thanks for your help john

badassbaldie
03-21-2007, 04:26 PM
thanks for your help john

No problem. Too bad you weren't closer, I could help you with your install.

kozhockey4
03-21-2007, 04:53 PM
how was the install on these puppies?

AB18
03-21-2007, 05:20 PM
Hey man, i didnt know what the going rate for used bils was since its been a while, ill do 250 plus shipping. Not sure where your located.There not to bad to install, just grab a friend and some tools and you guys can knock it out, just let me know.