PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Fiber Fenders

fred2ka4
03-21-2007, 02:32 PM
So here is the deal. Fiber Images has moved into their new building and after talking with Will we were able to come to an agreement on another limited run.

This time it will be the carbon fiber fenders for the 1999.5+ B5 model (with the long side marker)

The first 10 people will get them for $630 + shipping and you have until 4/11/07 to get on the list and until 4/13/07 to get them your payment. All details have been worked out this time and production will start on 4/16/07. They will be able to make one set every couple of days and it will be the same as before as far as shipment. Orders will be shipped by order of payment recieved.

The payment method is as follows.

1) Money order (full payment or 50% deposit minimum)

2) If local 50% deposit will still be needed but the balance can be cash upon pick-up

3) This tme you will be able to use a credit card but there will be a 3% processing fee ($18.90) that is charged by the credit card company and not Fiber Images.

These fender retail between $850-$950 on other sites so this is a great deal and should no tbe passed up. Let me know so we can get a great deal on a great product in a short period of time.

PM me if you want in.

Thanks, Fred

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j91/fred2ka4/B5_A4S4_fender.jpg

A4_2.8tuner
03-21-2007, 02:45 PM
hah you are obsessed with cf....

do you do it for the weight saving purposes or because you like the look of the cf?

cause IMO it would be hard to make doors and fenders look clean unless ya painted them...but that's just me I guess.

real good price though!

ProOnThaSnow
03-21-2007, 02:52 PM
I'm not going to buy any, but to clarify, these would fit on a pre-facelift, assuming you used post facelift headlights, and the long sidemarkers, wouldn't they?

Aliel
03-21-2007, 03:00 PM
I'm not going to buy any, but to clarify, these would fit on a pre-facelift, assuming you used post facelift headlights, and the long sidemarkers, wouldn't they?

The mouldings will look off since they are wider on the facelift.

mike-2ptzero
03-21-2007, 03:09 PM

IIRC the pre-facelift molding isn't in the same location.

Only way I will be putting CF fenders on my car are with a set of CF doors.[:D]

Fred - your first name wouldn't happen to start with the letter "C" would it?[;)]

fred2ka4
03-21-2007, 04:25 PM
hah you are obsessed with cf....

do you do it for the weight saving purposes or because you like the look of the cf?

cause IMO it would be hard to make doors and fenders look clean unless ya painted them...but that's just me I guess.

real good price though!

I do have a paint scheme in mind and it will not look ricey or in any other way demean the look of the car. You'll just have to wait and see. But this is a very good price so if anyone is interested please post up so that I can include you in the list that is going to FI.

A4Rob
03-21-2007, 04:45 PM

Exactly why I am NOT going to be in on this GB[mad] [:(] [down] [down] [down]

fred2ka4
03-21-2007, 06:38 PM

Why would the moldings look off? I have a 2000 A4 and I have pre-facelift fenders on my car because that's what was available at the time my car was being repaired and it lines up fine. I had to trim the fender on the inside so that the HID's would fit but that was it.

As far as door molding, it has been removed in the CF mold and you can put whatever moldings on the front fender that you want, pre or post facelift or leave it without. The doors are being made without the molding also, so it will look like it has been filled and smoothed.

er1c
03-22-2007, 12:29 AM
Fiber Images scammed hundreds of people over at www.e46fanatics.com --- be warned ... search for "Fiber Images" over at that forum and read all of the horror stories. I'd stay far, far away.