PDA

View Full Version : B5 S4 - Can it handle stock?

Easy
03-20-2007, 10:22 PM
Well being i dont plan to mod this car to make it fast, i decided to make the little things count and not only make it pretty, but make it handle...

yes, we all know it can handle well but i decided that i want to make it handle a little better with the stock suspension first.

NO, i dont have money for coil overs or springs and shocks right now. so lets improve the stock performance!

So, what can i buy to make this bad boy handle better? any packages out there? sway bars, strut bars, etc? I'm willing to spend money on these things before i drop money on springs and shocks or c/o

Please only post recommendations if you are knowledgeable on the subject!

Thanks! [wrench]

jeremy@matrix
03-21-2007, 10:38 AM
Well being i dont plan to mod this car to make it fast, i decided to make the little things count and not only make it pretty, but make it handle...

yes, we all know it can handle well but i decided that i want to make it handle a little better with the stock suspension first.

NO, i dont have money for coil overs or springs and shocks right now. so lets improve the stock performance!

So, what can i buy to make this bad boy handle better? any packages out there? sway bars, strut bars, etc? I'm willing to spend money on these things before i drop money on springs and shocks or c/o

Please only post recommendations if you are knowledgeable on the subject!

Thanks! [wrench]

You could add the Neuspeed 19mm rear sway, but honestly this is a bit of a band-aid for a well setup coilover suspension. Many of our clients who have coilovers(for example) and have added a rear sway later, have felt that the car becomes almost too twitchy.

It's certainly something you could do now, but I'd advise to honestly save your money and do susp right the first time.