PDA

View Full Version : clutch going bad?

xcellorator
03-20-2007, 07:19 PM
So I drove my car to florida from NJ, 950 miles, made it there fine, but when i was driving to the store the clutch pushed down and never popped back up. While I was waiting for a tow truck i pushed the clutch down and it worked like normal. I drove the car back to NJ and havent had any problems since. Anybody have a clue as to whats going on? I brought it to Aamco down there and he said my clutch was slipping, but I dont see how that could be related to my problem..

Ado
03-20-2007, 07:34 PM
my car would do the same thing. sometimes i would push it in and the pedel would stay on the butom untill i pull it back up with my foot. its most likely you master or slave cylinder. i replaced both of mine and never had a problem. i dont know that its slipping. can somebody correct me if i'm wrong.

B597
03-20-2007, 08:29 PM
yeah more than likely its your slave cylinder. some air has probably gotten in there due to a leak. it has happened to me a few times also

Ado
03-20-2007, 09:42 PM
you can try bleeding the system.

$teady$upreme
03-20-2007, 10:11 PM
sh*t, this happened exactly to me also. But my tech told me is transmission...Now i had changed the transmission, tech told me my clutch is also gone.

Im kinda pissed now[mad]

TQMB5
03-20-2007, 10:17 PM
sh*t, this happened exactly to me also. But my tech told me is transmission...Now i had changed the transmission, tech told me my clutch is also gone.

Im kinda pissed now[mad]

sounds like you sir need to find a new mechanic

CaSp3r9
03-20-2007, 10:20 PM
sounds like you sir need to find a new mechanic

Wow... New tech for sure. What a dick.

xcellorator
03-21-2007, 08:12 AM
the guy at Aamco checked the slave and master cylinders and said neither of them look like their leaking. The brakes feel fine too so i'm not sure what it can be. for the guys who had this problem, how long has it been since? I dont know how urgent this problem is..