PDA

View Full Version : Valentine ONE radar ...

bronz
03-20-2007, 03:55 PM
so guys give me some advice.. i got a chance to get used one for $150... should i get it or wat?? what would you do in your place?[az] and has anyone mounted one somewhere in your dash?> does it perform well? i heard its one of the best radars out there...

endlesswinterco
03-20-2007, 03:58 PM
i used my buddies when i went to fl this past week. it worked awsome, picked up cops from two miles away, on the side andn from behind. i love it, i want one but they are mad money, but 150 soudns sweet.

Das General
03-20-2007, 04:05 PM
radar is gonna be outdated soon, seeing as many police you use lidar, in which ur best defense would be a jammer. but im sure a v1 and a jammer would help.

$150 is a good deal.

goody6691
03-20-2007, 04:41 PM
i wont leave home without mine

onemoremile
03-20-2007, 04:52 PM
Valentine will also upgrade any old V1 to brand new. I have one of the originals in the thicker case and they wanted 165 for a full upgrade. That isn't bad considering it is probably 10 years old. There is a section on their website that asks for the numbers on the back of the unit and quotes the upgrade.

Spongebob05
03-20-2007, 05:10 PM
Make sure the updated cost won't exceed the price of a brand new one ...otherwise you'll screw yourself.
Ask for the serial number and enter it on their website to see how much it cost then you'll know if it's a good deal.

LateraLex
03-20-2007, 05:11 PM
^^ Definitely check what version it is, may explain why it's so cheap.

AudiRacerS4
03-20-2007, 05:12 PM
^^ becareful that happened to my friend when he bought his on ebay. But I love my V1 its very good at detecting radar but if I had to do it again I would probably invest in a jammer

DRA4
03-20-2007, 10:23 PM
radar is gonna be outdated soon, seeing as many police you use lidar, in which ur best defense would be a jammer. but im sure a v1 and a jammer would help.

$150 is a good deal.

Read this first.
http://www.radarjammer.com/index.htm

speedydragon
03-20-2007, 11:02 PM
from waht i've heard the LIDARs are too fast for jammers to jamm the laser or w/e it does.

AnthraciteA4
03-21-2007, 07:34 AM
You can't jam the new signals... they have proven that they don't work. As a matter of fact there is a $50,000 reward to anyone who can prove they have a jammer that works.

You can check the upgradability of the detector directly from www.valentineone.com Other than that the V1 actually picks up lidar and such so as long as you aren't the only one being checked you can get a warning from someone else being popped.

Since its a $400 detector, I would definately go for it, as long as it can be upgraded to new for less. I am still kicking myself for ever letting go of mine.

loustylez
03-22-2007, 07:16 AM
if you can't afford speeding tickets then don't speed.

if you can't afford $1500 for radar/jammer, then don't speed.

i wanted a valentine for a while but i'd rather spend that money elsewhere. sometimes it's just best to play by the rules and don't bitch when you get caught.

Militant-Grunt
03-22-2007, 02:21 PM
i wont leave home without mine

^^

Exactly the same. 150 is an excellent deal considering they're 400 new. If its not upgraded with pop protection make sure you get the thing upgraded.

panix73
03-22-2007, 03:53 PM
i used my buddies when i went to fl this past week. it worked awsome, picked up cops from two miles away, on the side andn from behind. i love it, i want one but they are mad money, but 150 soudns sweet.

weird.. I just bought mine for a drive down to fl also two weeks ago during bike week. It worked amazingly. Even picked up radar from the helicopter police snaggin people in Virginia.. oh yeah and radar detectors are illegal in Virigina and DC in case anyone didn't know. But besides that I'm about to pick up a Blinder M40 for a laser jammer to use with my V1. Some might say it's expense, but then again I paid my lawyer $750 to go handle my last speeding ticket.

rice_Rocket88
03-23-2007, 06:43 AM
Do it, it's a great investment for little money. If anything at least it warns you if you are being tagged for no reason....

I do like to know where the radars are sitting anyways.