PDA

View Full Version : scratches

wafballa54
03-20-2007, 02:13 PM
hey well i have alot of light scratches and swirls in my black paint. well it is a 1999 so there should be some but i don't want them there. there not deep at all but there noticable when u look at it close..this bothers me alot so i was wondering if anyone knos any good products that could possibly get rid of these. and i've tried to just wax them out but it doesn't seem to do the job. please help

Alan
03-20-2007, 02:16 PM
http://audizine.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=73

onemoremile
03-20-2007, 02:18 PM
As long as the scratches are in the clear coat they can be buffed out. This does take a but of skill to avoid burning the paint or buffing through to the base color layer.

I use a Porter Cable 7424 buffer (sweet machine) and three levels of 3M buffing and rubbing compounds with a couple different kinds of pads. It really is less expensive and a whole lot less risky to pay a detail shop a hundred bucks to do this for you. After the scratches and swirls are removed I use a truck wax. This stuff is supposed to help prevent scratches when trucks go offroad. All I know is that it lasts longer than most other waxes.

dubiraq05
03-20-2007, 06:14 PM
get it buffed buy a detail shop

wafballa54
03-20-2007, 06:27 PM
yea that would be great and all but there's no detail shops around here