PDA

View Full Version : shes possesed

lude2euroa4
03-20-2007, 09:00 AM
i have a cel and i took the car to autozone cuz i heard they can clear codes. long story short, theyre plug didnt fit out plug under the dash. i get into the car look at my temp gauge for the temp outside the car and it starts switching from the actual temp to -40....

i start driving and its stays on the actual temp, i stop at a light and again its starts alternating from 52 to -40?

anyone ever heard of this happening?

ever since i got this stock ecu from another member its nothing but problems!

also now my remote start shuts off once it sends a signal back to the remote. thats probably something i did but its not cool to see happen. time to get the [wrench] out....

ideas?

Militant-Grunt
03-20-2007, 09:42 AM
i have a cel and i took the car to autozone cuz i heard they can clear codes. long story short, theyre plug didnt fit out plug under the dash. i get into the car look at my temp gauge for the temp outside the car and it starts switching from the actual temp to -40....

i start driving and its stays on the actual temp, i stop at a light and again its starts alternating from 52 to -40?

also now my remote start shuts off once it sends a signal back to the remote. thats probably something i did but its not cool to see happen. time to get the [wrench] out....

ideas?

Vag it, the ECU most likely has incorrect settings. My car was throwing a CEL because the ECU was set to FWD and a autotranny when I have quattro and 5spd. Chances are it could be something silly as that or the temp sensor.

mike-2ptzero
03-20-2007, 09:44 AM

ideas?

What? HOw can their plug not fit yours since all cars have the same OBDII port which is universal world wide. Maybe if he would have flipped it over he would have had it the correct way to fit it on.

lude2euroa4
03-20-2007, 09:46 AM
Vag it, the ECU most likely has incorrect settings. My car was throwing a CEL because the ECU was set to FWD and a autotranny when I have quattro and 5spd. Chances are it could be something silly as that or the temp sensor.

so what did you do? how did you correct the settings?

lude2euroa4
03-20-2007, 09:49 AM
What? HOw can their plug not fit yours since all cars have the same OBDII port which is universal world wide. Maybe if he would have flipped it over he would have had it the correct way to fit it on.

it was some fat nasty spaniard women who i could barely understand, she was wearing tight spandex pants and when she bent down to take a look under the dash i almost blew chunks....

i told her its ok it ok just so she would go away. it was gross.

i dont know if its the temp sensor... but its pretty weird how it just alernates between the 2, it mainly changes to the - 40 when the car is at idle

Militant-Grunt
03-20-2007, 09:55 AM
so what did you do? how did you correct the settings?

In Vagcom there is a ECU settings tab with numbers in it, I had to change the numbers that stood for FWD / Quattro and Auto/ Manual. There is a legend that shows what each number stands for, you just have to edit it.

lude2euroa4
03-20-2007, 10:02 AM
thanks my polish brotha from anotha motha

Militant-Grunt
03-20-2007, 10:03 AM
thanks my polish brotha from anotha motha

[:D] Niema sprawy.

lude2euroa4
03-20-2007, 12:34 PM
ok so anyone know why my remote start is shutting off after the signal is sent back to the pager? this is very strange i checked fuses and the alarm module but everything seems to be in place. the only thing i can think of is not rewiring something back in the correct place when i re installed the 97 console and radio... hmmm

ideas?

Rosati
03-20-2007, 02:22 PM
Mike, FYI , Autozone's scanner plug did not fit mine either.

Lazer Viking
03-20-2007, 02:34 PM
i think shes saying.. noo dont sell me

Ewok_Fetus
03-20-2007, 02:57 PM
The ONLY way I can see it not fitting is if the plug was too fat... I had this problem with my VAGCOM before I got the new plug on it. It wouldn't really fit in the cubby area that surrounds the plug...

lude2euroa4
03-20-2007, 08:17 PM
i think shes saying.. noo dont sell me

everytime i take it for a spin every now and then, i just feel like i just bought it, brings back old memories, the new car good ones [=(]

Tiluleshpingen
03-21-2007, 12:03 AM
Mike, FYI , Autozone's scanner plug did not fit mine either.

JERSEY autozone suck, they have non for me there([:p] [:p] ) even when i went to buy the seafoam cans, they did not have it.. i had to go at Pepboys 35 mins away.
people dont speak english ,forget about their knowledge on german cars

Ado
03-21-2007, 01:47 AM
^^ ahh shit. that sucks balls. i know what you mean. i had the same problems.

but lude2euroa4 i think you need to recode the new ecu to you old coding numbers with a vag. i'm shure that u know that. i'm trying to be a smartass. just my two cent. keep up updated and good luck.