PDA

View Full Version : New R8 kinda disappointing?

SRTeater
03-19-2007, 10:43 AM
The new R8 came out, i got the Road& Track mag a couple days ago... Anyways, i was hopin to see some better numbers out of her. They got her at 4.3 0-60 and only 12.7 in the 1/4! I would think that this light supercar thats $100,000+ would be a little faster. Y didnt they put the V10 from the S6/S8 in it and beef it up a lil more, or just put a turbo on the V8? Maybe the guy driving it wasnt launching it the way we do ;) which could cause it to run a lil slower, i dunno. But its kool that its still awd, but it will still get smoked by a C6 zo6, which R&T says that its 3.6 0-60 and 12.0 in the 1/4...

What do yall think?

Dr.Duct
03-19-2007, 10:52 AM
They dont actually do a 0-60, its like a 3-5mph roll. The 1/4 mile does blow. That is very dissapointing. With numbers like that i would never pay that much for it..Im assuming the guy wasnt driving it hard, or could drive.

No way would an RS4 be faster then that car.

btw the c6 zo6 is no toy.. Its a caged beast. dont let it out..

the things faster then ALOT of sports cars. And 20-30k cheaper

lurkerpika
03-19-2007, 10:54 AM
yeah its quite sad actually i think, i mean with that much power the only thing you cna beat are stock evos and stis. OF course nothing is fair when you comapre to them, but when its just a little faster for more than 3 times the price and its not practical to drive yr round, i think i'll pass. They do look cool, but i mean its more like a work of art then an actual car. Its cool to stare and talk about, but not cool to roll up to the new c6 z06 or a viper or 911 turbo. the new skylines gonna rock this thing i mean step it up audi. they are still following the trend of heavy ass cars with not so much power. i wonder if this thing hangs with an nsx. personalyl i might take an nsx over this and its cheaper:)

Kievskiy
03-19-2007, 10:57 AM
basically stage 3 s4 will smoke r8.....Jaybquick's stage 3 and 11secs4's stage 3 in mid 11's...they better come out with rsr8 or some sh1t like that...makes me happy when i'm thinking of going stage 3 :)

josephimports
03-19-2007, 11:26 AM
The lucky "few" who take delivery are not buying it for crazy fast numbers but for many other reasons like style, technology, exclusivity, and of course performance.

Dont feel so bad either, the V-10 will be offered shortly after the V8 release with over 500+HP.

S4 in_lowplaces
03-19-2007, 11:37 AM
^^ ya thats what i heard, but i really doont liek the perfomrance numbers they came out with. Its looks ok, but they coudl have gone a little bigger, or gone BT

ValoBlk2.8
03-19-2007, 12:01 PM
Think of the R8 in the same vein as the original NSX. It's a car that prioritizes handling and driving enjoyment over sheer numbers. Plus, VW can't let it outperform it's platform mate the Gallardo, now, can it?

Don't forget that the target market for that car isn't really all that concerned with 0-60 times for the most part. Let's be honest, unless you are planning on drag racing the thing (and very few of the R8's customers would even consider something like that), 4.3 seconds to 60 is still extremely fast. say they were able to drop 0-60 times down to 4.0 seconds - would you really be able to feel that much of a difference? let's be realistic here.

A perfect example: I got a chance to drive a Z06 a few months back. Sure, it was incredibly powerful, but it didn't feel that much faster than my buddy's CLK55 or a 911 Carrera S. And in my opinion, I'd take the 911 any day since it's much more enjoyable to drive, IMHO.

Fun wins out over numbers and bragging rights any day, in my book.

esssfour
03-19-2007, 01:29 PM
The lucky "few" who take delivery are not buying it for crazy fast numbers but for many other reasons like style, technology, exclusivity, and of course performance.

Dont feel so bad either, the V-10 will be offered shortly after the V8 release with over 500+HP.

wonder who you heard that from? im a salesman at and audi dealer in MA and havent heard a peep about a v10 comming out

SRTeater
03-19-2007, 01:32 PM
Doesnt the V10 in the S6/S8 only have 435 hp? So with only 15 more hp and the weight of the V10, will it be any faster? Turbo FTW ;)

bunnn
03-19-2007, 01:46 PM
but isnt the v10 from the s6/s8 a detuned v10 from the gallardo? meanning it 's capable of being 500+ or maybe like the new gallardo superleggera 530hp?.

meinblaus4
03-19-2007, 02:31 PM
Think of the R8 in the same vein as the original NSX. It's a car that prioritizes handling and driving enjoyment over sheer numbers. Plus, VW can't let it outperform it's platform mate the Gallardo, now, can it?

Don't forget that the target market for that car isn't really all that concerned with 0-60 times for the most part. Let's be honest, unless you are planning on drag racing the thing (and very few of the R8's customers would even consider something like that), 4.3 seconds to 60 is still extremely fast. say they were able to drop 0-60 times down to 4.0 seconds - would you really be able to feel that much of a difference? let's be realistic here.

A perfect example: I got a chance to drive a Z06 a few months back. Sure, it was incredibly powerful, but it didn't feel that much faster than my buddy's CLK55 or a 911 Carrera S. And in my opinion, I'd take the 911 any day since it's much more enjoyable to drive, IMHO.

+1 i live around the mosel valley in western germany and yeah, the autobahns are fun at speed, but the real excitement is taking to the back roads and pushing quattro to the limit!

josephimports
03-19-2007, 02:47 PM
wonder who you heard that from? im a salesman at and audi dealer in MA and havent heard a peep about a v10 comming out

Well maybe not the next day but im sure it will. I read something about it in one of the auto publications ( carndriver, motortrend). You being an Audi salesman think they wont ever offer an optional motor for the R8? If the S6 and S8 have detuned V-10's, then.....whatever...we'll see.

esssfour
03-19-2007, 03:37 PM
to tell you the truth i dont know why they wouldnt offer the full v10 the gallardo has, they already share pretty much the same chassis.. the r8 is deffinately an amazing machine though, every little detail is thoroughly planned out right down to covering the motor with glass. the motor is completely symetrical when you look through the glass, every hose, electric fitting, everything. although it is slightly offset due to the orrientation of the trans, but you can only tell when you line up the audi rings on the back with the motor.

but i think the r8 should have came with the v10 in the first place but i think the main reason is what someone mentioned before; that they dont want the r8 to compete with the gallardo too much since they are sibblings in alot of ways.

Lensch09
03-19-2007, 03:50 PM
to tell you the truth i dont know why they wouldnt offer the full v10 the gallardo has, they already share pretty much the same chassis.. the r8 is deffinately an amazing machine though, every little detail is thoroughly planned out right down to covering the motor with glass. the motor is completely symetrical when you look through the glass, every hose, electric fitting, everything. although it is slightly offset due to the orrientation of the trans, but you can only tell when you line up the audi rings on the back with the motor.

but i think the r8 should have came with the v10 in the first place but i think the main reason is what someone mentioned before; that they dont want the r8 to compete with the gallardo too much since they are sibblings in alot of ways.

Finally, a salesmen that knows something about his product. What the fuck is wrong with all the ones around my town (Carousel Motors Iowa City, IA)? Cocksuckers ask me if I'm going to trade my car in everytime I'm there for parts (no way in hell would I let them service or even touch my baby). Manager of the dealership seems to think that the new S4s with the 4.2l are gods gift and will somehow out brake, out turn, out accelerate, and outperform my car. He seems content with the fact that I NEED to buy a B6/B7 with the 4.2l for the performance...yeah, right. I could more than likely lay waste to a new RS4.

I drive a full Stage III B5 with supporting mods (no homebrew bullshit here). Tein coilovers, Neuseed sways, and Stoptechs. Those guys are D bags. End Rant

Das General
03-19-2007, 03:55 PM
yes i heard they aren't offereing a larger engine because it will then be competing in the same market as audi's big bro lambo. therefore having the r8 with the v10 (more costly) would steal some of the market share from the lambo, thus saturating their own market and influencing sales in a negative way.

esssfour
03-19-2007, 05:00 PM
yeah with the v10 in the s8 audi is really trying to squeeze mercedes' s-class out of the market, and in my opinion they did a damn fine job of producing a car to run with mb's amg line of s-class vehicles.

and yeah i do know my product, thats why they hired me. ive long been a fan of audi's ever since the turbo quattro coupe and the c5 s4. i wouldnt be able so sell something i couldnt stand behind. but i would love to take a b6/7 s4 over my b5 just for reliability.. its a really fun car to drive right out of the box, and the brakes are pretty decent too

josephimports
03-19-2007, 05:08 PM
yeah with the v10 in the s8 audi is really trying to squeeze mercedes' s-class out of the market, and in my opinion they did a damn fine job of producing a car to run with mb's amg line of s-class vehicles.

and yeah i do know my product, thats why they hired me. ive long been a fan of audi's ever since the turbo quattro coupe and the c5 s4. i wouldnt be able so sell something i couldnt stand behind. but i would love to take a b6/7 s4 over my b5 just for reliability.. its a really fun car to drive right out of the box, and the brakes are pretty decent too

Souds like you know the product very well. Hmm, its a shame if they dont offer it. Like you mentioned before, the car deserves the V-10 in the first place.

-Alex

gyroscope
03-19-2007, 06:19 PM
Audi's core market demographic isn't the numbers crowd. It's an enthusiasts car.

lurkerpika

totally agree with you. ITs sad the gallardo gets beaten by the fq400 but then again anything comapred to an evo/sti like i said previosuly is unfair on a track. But i was gonna say which z06? i hope you aren't referring to a c6z06. Im gonan assume you mean the 07 for both cars. Cause i dont undertstand how a flat 6 carrera s with 350ish hp vs a 7.0 liter v8 thats putting down over 500. i mean how can the one with 150 less power feel just as fast with less torque and everything else? I mean maybe you need to get your "butt dyno" recalibrated [wrench] :). Just curious, yeah also the z06 is a track monster, its a disgusting car.

And about the clk even the amg is only putting out 350ish hp. i dont really understand what you mean, so if you could clearify. I wish i was able to drive all 3 cars but from my current situation i cant. Being a college student doesnt' give me much money and time to play with other cars. but what i said is just from my knowledge. I dont think an amg could even fight with a 911 s or a z06 on the track, maybe in comfort it would win but in terms of performance it gets rocked

gyro you sure? look at all the a4s out there lol, maybe the r8's core demographic isnt towards numbers but i think all a class is designed for the numbers crowd, why else would you make a 3600+lb car with only 160-180 hp? now the 2.0 has 200, but still i mean their still gonna get spanked by civics

lrg8683
audi is being non hetero weith all these under powerd cars... but oh well..

audiwop
03-19-2007, 11:04 PM
Guys I sell Audi's for a living and just got back from the new TT training were they unveiled the R8 and gave us an indepth look and background on the car. Audis goal was not to compete with porsche, ferrari or anyone else for that matter. The goal for the car is to showcase the inovations and build quality that carry on down through the brands entire lineup, and to get people thinking about the Audi product in a different way. I have personally seen the car on a race track and it is dam fast. The car has launch control and "yes" is capable of 0-60 times in the 4.0-4.1 second range. Lets also not forget that this car did a lap of 7:55 seconds at the ring in Germany, clearly a display of overall performance, not just acceleration and dyno queen bullshit. And as far as Z06's killing it and evo's hanging with it, big deal, anyone who can affoard an R8 sure as hell doesn't care about any of those cars. The very select few who will get to own an R8 know that they are in something just a little bit more special than most anything else out there, IMHO.

ValoBlk2.8
03-20-2007, 06:18 AM
Cause i dont undertstand how a flat 6 carrera s with 350ish hp vs a 7.0 liter v8 thats putting down over 500. i mean how can the one with 150 less power feel just as fast with less torque and everything else? I mean maybe you need to get your "butt dyno" recalibrated [wrench] :).
And about the clk even the amg is only putting out 350ish hp. i dont really understand what you mean, so if you could clearify. I wish i was able to drive all 3 cars but from my current situation i cant. Being a college student doesnt' give me much money and time to play with other cars. but what i said is just from my knowledge. I dont think an amg could even fight with a 911 s or a z06 on the track, maybe in comfort it would win but in terms of performance it gets rocked

gyro you sure? look at all the a4s out there lol, maybe the r8's core demographic isnt towards numbers but i think all a class is designed for the numbers crowd, why else would you make a 3600+lb car with only 160-180 hp? now the 2.0 has 200, but still i mean their still gonna get spanked by civics

I'll admit, when I was younger, the only thing I was really concerned about was performance and horsepower numbers. At that time, I hadn't had a chance to actually drive that many cars, and numbers were the only way that I had to measure performance. As I got a chance to experience more vehicles, I started to realize just how different they all were. A lot of cars that put out big numbers (a C5 Corvette, for example) just dont feel all that fast, and aren't really all that much fun to drive, in my opinion.

When I was in college, I'll admit that I did enjoy racing mustangs and corvettes with my Rx-7. But you grow out of that pretty quickly. And I assure you, very few people who spend over 70K for a car are choosing one over the other because of 0-60 times. there is so much more to driving than worrying about what cars you can "smoke". Yeah, the CLK55 has "only" 363hp, but it feels incredibly fast - faster (and more fun) even than the Viper that I drove a few years back. It's heavier and less powerful than a Viper, but it's much easier to drive and could most likely keep up with it with little problem on most regular roads.

So, with the R8, Audi is looking at reality. I am pretty confident that no one over the age of 25-30 who is prepared to spend $120,000 on a car cares about the performance numbers of an Evo in relation to an R8, 911 Turbo, or an F430. it works the other way around. The younger market, when looking to purchase and modify an EVO is concerned about beating more expensive and exotic cars. As you mature, it really becomes irrelevant.

audisarecool
03-20-2007, 07:05 AM
I'll admit, when I was younger, the only thing I was really concerned about was performance and horsepower numbers. At that time, I hadn't had a chance to actually drive that many cars, and numbers were the only way that I had to measure performance. As I got a chance to experience more vehicles, I started to realize just how different they all were. A lot of cars that put out big numbers (a C5 Corvette, for example) just dont feel all that fast, and aren't really all that much fun to drive, in my opinion.

When I was in college, I'll admit that I did enjoy racing mustangs and corvettes with my Rx-7. But you grow out of that pretty quickly. And I assure you, very few people who spend over 70K for a car are choosing one over the other because of 0-60 times. there is so much more to driving than worrying about what cars you can "smoke". Yeah, the CLK55 has "only" 363hp, but it feels incredibly fast - faster (and more fun) even than the Viper that I drove a few years back. It's heavier and less powerful than a Viper, but it's much easier to drive and could most likely keep up with it with little problem on most regular roads.

So, with the R8, Audi is looking at reality. I am pretty confident that no one over the age of 25-30 who is prepared to spend $120,000 on a car cares about the performance numbers of an Evo in relation to an R8, 911 Turbo, or an F430. it works the other way around. The younger market, when looking to purchase and modify an EVO is concerned about beating more expensive and exotic cars. As you mature, it really becomes irrelevant.

Well said [up]

Alan
03-20-2007, 02:49 PM
Agreed.

Like said above, look at the NSX. The numbers werent amazing, but the car is an amazing track car. I mean, how many people that buy lambo's and ferrari's actually race them?

Lensch09
03-20-2007, 07:37 PM
Agreed.

Like said above, look at the NSX. The numbers werent amazing, but the car is an amazing track car. I mean, how many people that buy lambo's and ferrari's actually race them?

Lambos, not so much....Ferrari's?.. probably a few more than you might expect. Old NSX's are becoming cheap now with age and being the broke college kid that I am still can't afford to "play with one". However, I've refreshed myself with the statistics of the car as I've been contemplating purchasing one used and abused high miles trasher as my first project car out of school. As most of us may not remember, the NSX did not make much power either when compared with other supercars of that era. However, I honestly think it has been placed up there with the best of the best in a given time period and is definitely a historic icon for the Honda/Acura Brand. The NSX was not a fire breathing monster that blew fuel out the back and shared ride characteristics with a lumber wagon like the F40 did. It was also not absolutely impossible to drive mild-mannerdly like an old Contach (sp?). IT WAS more polished and refined than the old Porsche's of the time. IT WAS an everyday supercar that was never intended to produce mass sales numbers for itself, but instead it use was to attract people to the showroom to serve as a ballooning affect to overall sales. I think we can all agree that Honda/Acura is doing astronomically better now than it was in 1990. Audi is not after lambo, or porsche or any other garage queens. Audi is after us. Audi is interested in rebuilding their "brand" and molding it into something with a little more sophistication and aiming it towards a larger clientel. It is to my belief that with vehicle releases such as the Q7 and soon the new 5 series, their plan is to reshape their image while keeping all of the old racing heritage and passion that all of us AZ'ers here have come to expect from anything with quattro, while doing it with a hell of a lot more "pizzaz". Audi has actually increased their sales 37% YTD over last year attributing most of the given praise to the new Q7. Audi is a business. Think of the new R8 as an advertisement that prospective customers can visualize, hear, fantasize about, and in term hopefully become more excited about the "brand" that is Audi. From a business perspective it is very obvious that Audi does not want to sell very many of these R8s and for very good reasons. R8's will hopefully spark an exclusiveness for the brand that hasn't been established as it has been with other German car producers here in the states. The automobile business is much like a big fishing contest. The R8 is the bait. It's only intention is to tease and attract. There's really no profitability or even usefulness to the R8 in the Audi lineup when stood by itself as source of income. The whole idea behind this car is to stir up the industry and gain new brand recognition (it's been the cover story on Motor Trend, Car and Driver, and Road & Track to name a few of the best free advertisements you can get) and reintroduce Audi as a major player most importantly out west (here in the states and canada). Audi makes most of it's money in Europe/Asia and its not a secret that the company has actually lost money in the states from time to time. They want to change that. As noted before, Audi is oversaturating their lambo market even when the R8 only carries the 4.2l. The only logical answer to this car for me is what I have noted above.
Dan
P.S. Don't even get me started on economic factors or on how their timing is absolutely perfect with the economy ripping GM and Ford MoCo apart. There will be a time in my lifetime (I'm only 21 and I hope I live to see 80, no promises) where there will be Ford, or GM, not both, and possibly neither.

tadhgbrosnan
05-04-2007, 10:32 AM
For those of you who prefer the Z06 to the R8, that's fine. Keep it. I'd take a B7 S4, let alone an R8, over the Z06. To even mention a Z06 in the same breath as an R8 is offensive. The overall presentation of the Audi BLOWS THE Z06 AWAY. American carmakers are clueless when it comes to interior style and build quality. And the exterior? Drive each down a busy street and the Vette will be fuc*ing anonymous.

And for those of you so concerned w/ 0-60 numbers, I guarantee you this: if you raced these cars to sixty mph 10 times back to back, the Audi will win out in more than half. Why? Try getting a good launch in the Z06. Putting 505hp down to the rear wheels is not easy. Wheelspin like a motherf-er. The all-wheel drive R8 will blast away while the Vette spins in a cloud of smoke, shredding another set of tires.

kelticslob
05-04-2007, 11:01 AM
Numbers are just a tale of the tape - they say nothing about how good the car is. Just like in fighting, the heavier opponent with the longer reach isn't definitely the victor. Same is the case here.

Kievskiy
05-04-2007, 11:30 AM
v10 will be next and it will be 500hp, thats what i heard....

tadhgbrosnan
05-04-2007, 02:35 PM
Every article suggests as much. The V8 takes up a relatively small amount of the engine bay. Alot of room for growth. Some writers have even tossed out the idea of the TDI V10. A roadgoing R10 would be simply insane.

winston@podi.ca
05-04-2007, 06:39 PM
R8 disappointing? How?

It might not be the fastest car on the street but the R8 wasn't made for the dragstrip.

The car is beautiful to look at and at the same time can performs great on the track.

Park the R8 beside any of the other cars mentioned in this thread and I'm pretty sure not too many people with notice them.

The R8 is more than performance. It is pure style in 4 wheels.

2k1s
05-04-2007, 06:58 PM
Being beat by a Z06 shouldn't be a benchmark. A Z06 is pretty much beating out anything in the category of regular supercars. Some guy with a bone stock Z06 on drag radials ran a 10.8 in the quarter.

optican
05-05-2007, 11:05 AM
The R10 is already tested at Nürburgring - and burned out...
http://optican.blogspot.com/2007/04/hot-r8.html and http://www.leftlanenews.com/audi-r8-v10-future.html

Well, anyway is there software flashes to get for the R8, S8, S6, RS4, Gallardo and the future R10 - no problem to boost the power in any of them -BUT I think it would be enough to just free up the speed limiter.... These cars pulls like he"#¤ anyway guys! -- don't misunderstand me, I would also like to boost the power if I had one of these cars :-))

More interesting for many people, is the speculations about a R4 !! with a boosted2.oTFSI engine.....
http://optican.blogspot.com/2007/05/audi-r4-mini-r8.html

47Ronin
06-19-2007, 08:39 PM
The rs6 will smoke all

Tiluleshpingen
07-20-2007, 12:09 AM
guys, what u talking about this is audis 1st supercar and it did very good they campared it to porsche 911.. cmon its a v8 4.2 thats one ofthe smalles V8 on the market

chrissurfr
08-05-2007, 12:55 PM
a lot of you guys are comparing apples to oranges here...stage 3 s4s shouldnt be compared to this car.....this thing is porsche carrera s level......compare it to what it should be....this is no gallardo either

Jesse S.
08-05-2007, 05:27 PM
the v10 ver. will be the RS8.

quattro16
08-05-2007, 08:14 PM
Will let you all know going to R8 school at the end of August : )

toaster
08-05-2007, 08:15 PM
what other supercar offers a 7k soundsystem as an option?

think about that, and you'll have an idea of what the r8 is about.

mobigray
08-06-2007, 05:17 PM
[QUOTE=Lensch09;1502418]. Audi is not after lambo, or porsche or any other garage queens. Audi is after us. Audi is interested in rebuilding their "brand" and molding it into something with a little more sophistication and aiming it towards a larger clientel. It is to my belief that with vehicle releases such as the Q7 and soon the new 5 series, their plan is to reshape their image while keeping all of the old racing heritage and passion that all of us AZ'ers here have come to expect from anything with quattro, while doing it with a hell of a lot more "pizzaz". . QUOTE]

If Audi is after us, maybe it should start by trying to keep the customers that they already have. I have a lot of friends that own a car from VAG, and honestly they are selling their cars and promising to never buy one from VAG again. Reliability is still a big issue with VAG. Instead of building a super car that less than 1 % of us will ever get to sit in, they should invest in Quality control. I haven't given up on VAG yet cuz the B6 A4 is prettiest car out there, but that is just me, the idiot that keeps a troubled car because it;s pretty. Most will give up cuz they are tired of fixing the problems

redline_redline
08-06-2007, 09:11 PM
what other supercar offers a 7k soundsystem as an option?

think about that, and you'll have an idea of what the r8 is about.

i dont get that. for 7k you can have the sickest custom setup done by a professional that im sure is way better than an oem option. so why even get that?

07-Aythree
08-06-2007, 09:16 PM
bang olufsen is one of the top systems in the world

teknikk7
08-28-2007, 12:25 AM
I just picked up my new B7 and the sales guy told me he got to drive the R8 at some Audi presentation of some sort for the R8. He said the Lambo V10 is defiantly in the works with 500+

illusive45
08-28-2007, 10:31 PM
Some of you guys just miss the whole scope of this car, COMPLETELY. It was meant to be an affordable supercar that doesn't step on the toes of its more muscular cousin, the Gallardo. The reason why Audi didn't release a V10 or V12 TDI version at the release of the R8 is because they didn't want to cannibalize the sales of the Lambo. From a marketing/sales standpoint, that makes perfect sense.
Yeah, a well-tuned Stg3 B5 S4 will smoke it, so will a C6 Z06 Vette, but like some of the smarter guys who chimed in on this thread, the potential buyer of the R8 could care less. You are buying the car for 1. its exclusivity, 2. the finest example of Audi's top-notch German engineering and design, and 3. its cutting edge technology. This car is an absolute head-turner, make no bones about it.
The 4.2 R8 will not break any records performance-wise for a car in its category/price, but its not all about performance #'s, as some have mentioned. Look at the Aston Martin V8 Vantage. It costs more than the R8, yet the R8 will run circles around it. You're buying an AMV8 for the dayam badge on the hood. In some ways, you are buying the R8 for teh same aspects.
How many C6 Vettes do you see rollin down the freeway everyday? They are a dime a dozen. When the R8 is released, you'll be lucky to see one a month, even 6 months, depending on where you live!!! And when you see one, it will make you stare and possibly drool. So I don't see what's so disappointing about it?
If you want more impressive numbers, wait till the V10 version comes out. I'm banking that it won't disappoint even the most power hungry critics.
One.

KokujinTensai
08-30-2007, 11:39 AM
Audi's core market demographic isn't the numbers crowd. It's an enthusiasts car.

Exactly I love how people will get up in arms over numbers. Disappointing? Have you driven it? I drove it at an Audi event in AZ and the car is amazing. We also drove the V8 Vantage, M5, Porsche 911 and the Maserati. Some MB i forgot and EVERYONE liked the R8 best overall.

Even our professional instructors preferred it. The R8 wide open on a winding course is sublime. The grins never left our faces. Audi made a car any 'idiot' can drive; meaning you have the precision of a race car in the functionality of an everyday driver.

Your grannies could drive it. Or Schumacher.

KokujinTensai
08-30-2007, 11:45 AM
...and no they arent putting a V10 in it any time 'soon'. Why? because then that would be cutting into the Gallardo client base to a degree, which as you know is a part of the VW group.

"Vorsprung Durch Technik:Advancement through technology", truth in engineering remember?

not, "how can we build the fastest drag car" but how can we build a car thats exceptional in ALL areas.

Dompiece
09-12-2007, 01:33 PM
http://www.worldcarfans.com/6070404.001/spy-photos-audi-rs-8-and-rs-6

here is the v10

Gzo17
09-12-2007, 02:16 PM
I heard the new one will have a twin turbo V-10