PDA

View Full Version : Any help on getting my windshield fixed?

Ewok_Fetus
03-19-2007, 08:08 AM
I had them replace my windshield about a year ago and the top trim flew off down on the highway... Wow!! Also, the cowling does not fit flush with the windshield. I took it in to them and they put on the new factory trim that I had bought but the cowling, they just glued down. I don't think I am going to be too happy with this. Reason being is that the bottom of the windshield is distorted so it doesn't line up with the curves of the cowling or car. It isn't too bad, I just don't like the gap there... I am very angry that all they did was glue down the cowl. I replaced windshields myself for about 2 years before I joined the Air Force and know a little of what I am talking about. They won't listen that it is distorted, even after I showed them in PERSON! I am at a little bit of a loss as to what to do now!! I think I am going to go to the BBB with this but I don't think that will fix my distortion/glued down cowling...

Any ideas?

onemoremile
03-19-2007, 08:11 AM
If they are a small local place then try talking to the owner. If they are a franchise then talk to the owner. If that doesn't work talk to someone at the franchising company's headquarters. If they find out that their name is associated with shoddy work then you've got a powerful ally.

tunerb5
03-19-2007, 08:16 AM
I have to get mine replaced from a crack cause by the damn winter. Hearing all these horros stories makes me nervous as to where to get this done. i was quoted anywhere form 160 to 300ish for a new windshield and installation with the new mouldings.

Ewok_Fetus
03-19-2007, 08:48 AM
If they find out that their name is associated with shoddy work then you've got a powerful ally.

Exactly! I always say that a business gets their work from referals mostly. If you don't have referals, you don't have shit... So, I am going to give them a phone call, nice and collected/calm with the owner and see where it goes from there... Then I will let them know where I work (on base) and let them know what almost 1/5th of the city is military here... I can make their life a living hell if nothing goes the way I want. I will also have a talk with my insurance company, the BBB and my first sergeant/legal office... Military loves their troops and try to make them happy in every way... Such as telling them good places to get work done!!