PDA

View Full Version : problem with reaction after full throttel

andernalin_junk
03-19-2007, 06:50 AM
Hi

latly i have a very wired problem ... after i'm leaving the gas pedal just a littel bit
the engine kind of gives me a "cut off" for a moment , only happens after full throttel

My car is 99 1.8T FWD (a bit modded)

Does anyone had that ? [confused]

THX

andernalin_junk
03-20-2007, 06:31 AM
nobody ?[=(]

Ewok_Fetus
03-20-2007, 02:51 PM
I am getting the same thing recently... I am going to try changing my DV and see if that helps... Is yours directly after WOT or a minute later?

onemoremile
03-20-2007, 10:31 PM
The diverter valve is supposed to release the pressure between the turbo and throttle body when letting off the throttle. if yours is faulty it could cause the pressure to stall the turbo and cause exactly what you are describing. this is very bad for the turbo.

ibew5audi
03-20-2007, 11:01 PM
Mine did the same thing and still does it every once in a while. Also did it even after
installing a tt dv. I think it's driveline slop-like a bucking feeling for a second?

andernalin_junk
03-21-2007, 12:05 AM
my DV is right after the throttel and it happens only if i'm realsing the pedal just a bit (i have TYPE S DV ) and when it happens i know that the DV is not open ...
(no sound from the DV )

ibew5audi
03-21-2007, 02:32 PM
If you release your pedal just a bit the throttle plate will still be open (because you said from full throttle) so the dv will not be a big issue. If your foot was completely off the gas and no dv action then you would have a problem (turbo stalling). My buddy put a high boost dv on his evo and was experiencing a chatter from the spring reacting very fast but it doesn't sound like the same thing. Probably need a boost gauge to see if dv is releasing pressure as it should be (immediately following pedal lift). Do you still have stock dv? Throw it in and see if it rectifies problem.

Ewok_Fetus
03-21-2007, 08:28 PM
I don't think a boost gauge will tell you if your DV is blowing off pressure... You hook up the gauge AFTER the throttle plate and the DV is before... So, if you close the throttle plate, you will see vacuum as soon as it closes and won't know what the DV is doing...

ibew5audi
03-22-2007, 01:34 PM
So you would have to t-tap at the turbo nozzle to do that test. A couple bucks of vacuum hose and the "help" vacuum tee. Or put the stock dv in and see if it remedies the problem.