PDA

View Full Version : upgrading to Bose

bOOOOstedAudi
03-18-2007, 11:16 AM
I am working on upgrading my stereo to bose from symphony and I am wondering exactly what I need to do that. I know that the decks are the same but do I another amp or something?

BoostTed
03-18-2007, 11:32 AM
you are going to need the rear deck speakers, rear door speakers. Bose amp for the rear speakers. You need the speaker grills for the rear doors as well. The rear door speakers should be powered off the rear amp. Dont need anything for the fronts i dont think.

Rosati
03-18-2007, 11:35 AM
Not worth it IMO.

My concert speakers powered by a RF amp are SICK. (with a sub)

pac1085
03-18-2007, 11:43 AM
I have my 97 a4 with non-bose and the 98 a4 with bose.

The bose in the 98 sounds like CRAP compared to the 97 w/o it. Its garbage. Don't waste your time with it.

onemoremile
03-18-2007, 11:49 AM
The Symphony Bose is better than the Concert Bose but it still isn't very good. If you went out and bought a crapola $50 CD deck and super cheap speakers it would sound better than either Bose offering. They are about even with flea market offerings.

Burntaudi
03-18-2007, 11:54 AM
Bose is a waste of time. I have a Alpine with stock non-Bose speakers that sounds really good. If you wanna keep your stock deck your best bet would be to get a aftermarket amp & speakers.

Alan
03-18-2007, 12:22 PM
Thats suprising, because Bose are usually very nice speakers.

bOOOOstedAudi
03-18-2007, 01:32 PM
Thats suprising, because Bose are usually very nice speakers.

exactly. thats what I am saying. either way im looking for better sound but im not really looking for a system for my hard driver. maybe some door speakers. how do you guys feekls about bass tubes.

Burntaudi
03-18-2007, 02:50 PM
From experience Bose is overpriced garbage.

blackaudia4tk
03-18-2007, 03:21 PM
bass tubes are crap ive never heard one that sounds good. there ported and are way to small for a port they just sound shity. i put a kenwood deck and all kenwood image enhancing speakers in and it sounds awesome ive never heard a bose sound as good. im not sure if its the same bose as in a nissan but for those u have to rewire a lot of it since bose speakers use a floating ground set up instead of the normal power and ground i would just go with a cd deck and speakers if u want good bass throw in a solo baric

onemoremile
03-18-2007, 03:30 PM
Bass tubes are one note bass at it's best. When I had my car audio shop I was a stocking Bazooka dealer until I intalled one in a car. I spent hours trying to get it to sound good before fabbing a simple enclusure that took up less space. I sent all the Bazooka inventory back and will never use that crap again. It just sounds terrible.

Bose is famous for "bell curve" sound. The adage is "no highs, no lows, it has to be Bose". The frequency response is embarassing compared to a real set of speakers. Bose exploits phychoacoustic phenominon to make you think it sounds much better than it really does. Once you spend more time with it and a real system the differences become obvious. It does sound good in the store and helps move a lot of inventory. It is like a car that test drives great but is terrible to live with or a hot bar chick that turns out to be nothing but a wonderbra and a ton of makeup.

I've taken a few Bose systems apart including the Acoustimass modules and the drivers are worth maybe 5 bucks each. They look a lot like the crappy paper cone speakers that come stock in a lot of cars.

Don Supreme
03-18-2007, 03:55 PM
I like my bose (2000). I don't see myself spending a dime on my sound system. Its pretty decent as is.