PDA

View Full Version : *sigh* I have a cracked mani!!!!

94jedi
03-17-2007, 07:35 PM
Check it out, here's a nice pic of my mani failing:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/94jedi/ATPmanicrack.jpg

pac1085
03-17-2007, 07:37 PM
wtf? is that an early one or something? All the ATP manifolds I've seen including mine are cast.

94jedi
03-17-2007, 07:39 PM
Not sure....well, I got it from bitterchild. It must be an early one.

*edit- you're right. I just checked their website and they're all cast.
http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/Catalog%20Images/vwaudi/vvw001-01.jpg

Maybe mine is a clone mani???? come to think of it....now I remember bitterchild saying something about that...

*edit- I'd better change my title before jumping the gun.

jrodmk2
03-17-2007, 07:42 PM
that must be very old. i can't remeber when they did a straight log style like that. they have been cast since 03. i bet that one was easier to put on that the cast ones though. ;)

tkarwin
03-17-2007, 07:42 PM
Bobnerr!!!!!

lude2euroa4
03-17-2007, 08:31 PM
*sigh* now you wont feel guilty buying a b6... you have a bargaining chip with your wife now [cool]

94jedi
03-17-2007, 08:57 PM
well, the B6 was for her...I plan on keeping my car! I guess I just have to suck it up and get another mani. damn...

CaSp3r9
03-17-2007, 09:06 PM
Bobnerr!!!!!

WTF...? Ted, were you sober when you wrote that? hahah

Don Supreme
03-17-2007, 09:56 PM
Sucks man. Lets just hope a new mani won't require you to rework the exhaust.

maxspeed
03-17-2007, 10:14 PM
94jedi: everyone on the 'tex seems to rave about the pagparts mani...

Don Supreme
03-17-2007, 10:29 PM
^ They sure do. I would probably go with that, but I just worry that it will put the turbo in a different location (a slight bit).

94jedi
03-18-2007, 06:29 AM
94jedi: everyone on the 'tex seems to rave about the pagparts mani...

thanks for the tip. People ofver there do seem to be pretty high on it. I checked their site and they only list a transverse 1.8T app. Do we just use the same one?

Don Supreme- I'm worried about turbo placement w/ a new mani. I did sort of want to re-do my exhaust though...I was thinking 3" but that will delay my rod/bigger turbo plans. Then of course I'm wondering if I should just get a mani from Jay like yours and run on this mani for a while(taking it easy of course). What do you think?

Don Supreme
03-18-2007, 07:39 AM
Well I was thinking a local welder might be able to patch that one up for now. The crack isn't in a very hard to reach place.

Most obviously a manifold like mine is going to yield maximum power, but then you will have to completely re-work everything; call up pag parts. When I was looking for manifold they said they had one for the longitudnal A4s (Even though its not on their site).

Rosati
03-18-2007, 08:44 AM
Damn man....

As sinatra says, Aint that a hole in your boat.....

PM sent I Might be able to help.....

94jedi
03-18-2007, 12:50 PM
Well I was thinking a local welder might be able to patch that one up for now. The crack isn't in a very hard to reach place.

Most obviously a manifold like mine is going to yield maximum power, but then you will have to completely re-work everything. I would try to see if Tony's project might help you. If you can't wait then call up pag parts. When I was looking for manifold they said they had one for the longitudnal A4s (Even though its not on their site).

I haven't spoken to Tony since he left (other than a quick email)so I don't know about his current project. PM me some details if you can. I was thinking of having it welded but more than likely it will just crack again. Not only that but we're just seeing the top of the crack. I'm willing to bet it's cracked underneath as well which would mean removing it form the car to have it welded properly. For that much trouble, I might as well get a new mani.

Rosati- PM recieved. thanks man I'll let you know asap.

k0mpresd
03-18-2007, 01:45 PM
thats a clone

pete mani? theyre bad about cracking

just get a real atp mani

install really isnt that bad if you take your time..its not the easiest thing though and does become annoying but it can be done and it wont crack :)