PDA

View Full Version : Finally deleted my resonator

AHB900
03-16-2007, 11:07 PM
Hey guys i finally had enough balls to go and just get the resonator in my 1.8T a4 cut out and i must say i am very happy with it. The sound got noticible louder no rasp at alll as a matter of fact it got alot alot deeper... theres alot of bubbly back fires but i really like that i just dont know if thats safe for the car( is it safe?) and also i must say as soon as the turbo spoools up it tends to quiet down then after a little while it really gets loud again.. i mean its not that loud i kinda wish it could be louder but i guess this will do for me now... i got some vids of before and after.. Before video has a magnaflow muffler with stock pipping and evoms intake the after video has evoms intake, magnaflow muffer, and the resonator delete on stock piping... Let me know what you guys think...

Before: pretty quiet i took it out cause i wanted a little more and i definatly got wat i wanted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dso3VzAV57I

After: honestly it doenst sound that good in the vid but in person its very very nice...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5CkQjAiCNw

so yeh guys let me know what you guys think... and just let me know if all that backfiring is normal i mean u can hear it in the vid... and honestly as far as performance goes i think its kinda did change not for good not for bad though like at lower rpms i definatly feel some more power but later on it feels like it dies outt then kinda comes back again. All this cost me 25 dollars so i just had to go for it

Calabria
03-17-2007, 12:43 AM
needs bigger piping for sure, but it doesnt sound too bad, sorta raspy from the vid. would be better if you had a drive by video of it before/after. also, im pretty sure resonator delete only frees up sound and not power

vitaliko
03-17-2007, 12:54 AM
correct, no power gains

Ewok_Fetus
03-17-2007, 05:19 AM
Sorry man, but that sounds like shit, and it ain't just the video... I like the before...

seank
03-17-2007, 07:29 AM
do it the right way and get larger piping.

Poopie
03-17-2007, 07:56 AM
i like it before

AHB900
03-17-2007, 12:10 PM
i guess its opinion i mean the before sounds a bit too quiet for me. And as for raspy theres no rasp AT ALL in person iono i guess its from my camera. I want bigger pipping but that will have to come later.. ill try to get some drive bys but no promises