PDA

View Full Version : Just installed new maf. Problems.

dannslc
03-16-2007, 04:16 PM
Just put in a new maf today, my old one was causing some problems.
The car is now surging under boost. Was not doing this before the replacement. How long will it take the car to get used to the new maf? Is it normal for it to act weird for a while?

maxspeed
03-16-2007, 04:20 PM
it should act normally immediatley, are you 150% sure it was the maf causing the problem?

did you install the maf facing the right direction?

dannslc
03-16-2007, 04:27 PM
ha,ha yeah it's in the right way. It wouldn't let me install it the wrong way. Before I replaced it, I was running lean, pinging and had couple other problems. This was the only direction to go after checking all the vaccum lines and changing the CTS.

dannslc
03-16-2007, 04:31 PM
Can you actually install it the wrong way?

SFexBOY
03-16-2007, 05:09 PM
yea you have to make sure the arrow goes, in the direction that the air flows.

mike-2ptzero
03-16-2007, 06:37 PM
If you have a vag make sure you do a throttle adapt(block 060) and clear out the DTC's even if there aren't any codes on the screen. The reason for this is to clear the fuel trims (shown on block 032) and reset the timing map since the ecu adjusted both for the dying maf.

dannslc
03-16-2007, 06:49 PM
yes, it is in the right way. I wont have access to a vag until monday. Will it be bad to continue driving it through the weekend without reseting everything?

mike-2ptzero
03-16-2007, 07:00 PM
yes, it is in the right way. I wont have access to a vag until monday. Will it be bad to continue driving it through the weekend without reseting everything?

Just let it idle for a bit and only drive it at part throttle, maybe then the ecu will adapt for the new maf.

BTW did you replace your maf with the same part #?

dannslc
03-16-2007, 07:08 PM
Yes same part #. I'm going to look around some more for air leaks. I already did a pretty though inspection and didn't find anything. The more I listen to it, it sounds a little strange.