PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Headlights anyone?

Diesel_A4
03-16-2007, 12:52 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-01-AUDI-B5-FACELIFT-A4-FK-BLACK-ANGEL-EYE-HEADLIGHTS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33710QQitemZ 170075845297QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

anyone have these?! Or ever seen them? Im thinkin about picking up a set of them but there ebay so im on the fence about it. Anyone have experience or pics of them?!

Thanks

bOOOOstedAudi
03-16-2007, 12:56 PM
Yeah I have had them. Do not do it. the lighting is horrible. they change the bulb size and pattern sucks. also the back of the light is all rubber and can melt

ProOnThaSnow
03-16-2007, 01:35 PM
My question is why is there a zip-tie that looks like it is holding them together? http://www.speedstersource.com/REDCOMETM3/HL_AUDI_A4_9698_DP_A_BLK_06.jpg

Diesel_A4
03-16-2007, 01:40 PM
ah ok..thanks..yea they do look cheap. But id love a headlight with a black housing, still would like to see pics if anyone has these or something close to it

Ewok_Fetus
03-16-2007, 01:53 PM
Can you change out the projectors at all?

SeKKeY
03-16-2007, 01:55 PM
heard they suck...theyll fog up and also lights are dim..you get what you pay for..go ecodes

AudiRacerS4
03-16-2007, 04:10 PM
If they are real FK lights then they are good. The real ones usually go from $350-$400

Diesel_A4
03-16-2007, 04:11 PM
You can get e-codes in one piece with a black housing?! link?! :)

AudiRacerS4
03-16-2007, 04:15 PM
what year is your car? If it has two piece lights you can buy the two piece black ecodes from ebay or lltek. If you have one piece the only way to get black ecodes is to paint the inside black

Wilco
03-16-2007, 04:26 PM
Hmm, if money was no object, you could probably take a pair of Valeo ecodes, and swap out parts from that one above (looks like those are made by DEPO which was an Audi OEM). Maybe use the black pieces inside the Valeo housings, and swap out the projector lenses as well.

Would be lots of work, but might be worth it if you really want that look AND care about quality.

Just some thoughts . . .

Diesel_A4
03-16-2007, 04:29 PM
its an 01 so there one piece. yea ive seen the 2 piece black ones, never seen them made in a one piece though.

jankaroni
03-16-2007, 06:19 PM
hey, watch out with the ebay headlights, i went through a hell of a time, first set i have an 01, the first 1 piece set i got came with the connector for the pre face lift, the connector for the headlight is different from pre face lift and after facelift, http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y79/JoshyJosh-AO/My%20Vehicles/side-1.jpg thats a pick of the lights i got and the actual beam does look a little strange however the visibility is great and the quality is nice (i work in a body shop with nothing but OEM parts and i was even impressed with these headlights for being aftermarket) i now cant find a link of them, i will look around if you would like me 2, i will try to get a better pic tommorrow

20vpower
03-17-2007, 08:46 AM
dont get them! they are so cheap and it shows. i had to rig them to make my blinkers work and my parking lights dont even work. the plugs are different from stock ones and worst of all they blind the ppl infront of you. everytime you acclerate it looks like ur flashing hi beams at the person in front of you. its countless how many ppl flash their hi beams at me thinking that mine are on, but i get a laff out of that one and turn mine on, it gets even brighter. but dont buy them go, ecodes much nicer

Nexus1155
03-17-2007, 08:58 AM
if you really want them toss me a message ill let them go for 180$ shipped or something like that...

Militant-Grunt
03-17-2007, 09:01 AM
I got mine for 119 from ebay, really good quality, but I guess I got lucky. (2 piece tho)

kjr7888
03-17-2007, 09:03 AM
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q229/kjr7888/Jan05_0002.jpg

I have them, you just need to caulk the shit out of them so they dont fog and adjust them, and the look good. I also have a 10,000k HID installed in them as well.

AudiA4_20T
03-17-2007, 09:10 AM
There are Ebay lights and there are FK lights. FK is big in the VW world many love them, the regular Ebay stuff is junk. Make sure you get real FK ones

Jereme
03-17-2007, 09:58 AM
yeah I had a pair off ebay and they SUCKED,bailed them after about a month of use,But I took my chances and pickup up a set of the black DEPO projectors off ebay and I freaking love them....haven't had and fogging problems yet and I put them through some pretty rediculous snow/rain storms. I think they look awesome to,the light ouuput was horrible with just regular bulbs but with the HID kit they work awesome.

(haha just gonna knock on wood now)

0018TQM
03-17-2007, 10:56 AM
i have them on mine... got then from ebay... and i love em... mine are the chrome housing though... check out the pics at www.carster.com/turboaudi if u want to see them

i just changed out the bulbs to Razo 120/130W bulbs work like a charm...

only downside i have noticed is the wiring isnt plug and play... cut and splice. but thats not biggy if you can wire

jankaroni
03-17-2007, 02:25 PM
more or less any lights you get off of ebay you might need to recaulk to prevent fogging, no big deal, chances are if you want good lighting you need to replace the bulbs because the ones they give you are cheap and they suck, more or less before you buy them ask for a picture of the connector, the round connector is for the pre facelift and the square connector is for the after face lift, as far as the one guy saying he had problems with people flashin him, all you have to do is adjust them down so the beam cut off isnt so high, the only other thing i noticed was none of the halos are really plug and play, pretty simple though u just jump the power from the parking light to the halo and boom u got power, what i did on mine was repalce the parking lights with 1156 bulbs instead of 1157's too that way when you have your parking lights on you just get the halos and no amber lighting, if you do that and do the fog light on anytime mod it looks pretty sick