PDA

View Full Version : what does this button do? ha

ki11switch
03-15-2007, 08:34 PM
ok, so there is this button that is right behing the drivers seat. Its on the piller by the bottom left corner of the door... what does it do?

CSHO1.8t
03-15-2007, 08:36 PM
i believe it turns off the motion sensor on the inside of your car. This way you could leave a dog inside and the car would still be armed.

ibew5audi
03-15-2007, 08:42 PM
If you don't shut if off and leave windows down, wind will set it off. At least on mine.

lud
03-15-2007, 08:48 PM
same for me wind makes it go off

Rosati
03-15-2007, 08:51 PM
Or if you have to sleep in the car, the alarm wont go off......

BUT WHEN I SLEPT IN MY CAR, IT DIDNT WORK!

The damn alarm woke me up every time i moved!

tamadrumr88
03-15-2007, 09:06 PM
i knew that it shut off the in-cabin noise/motion detector but my alarm would always go off when i left the sunfroof open.... youd think the car would be smart enough to disable that when the windows are open

ibew5audi
03-15-2007, 09:14 PM
Or if you have to sleep in the car, the alarm wont go off......

BUT WHEN I SLEPT IN MY CAR, IT DIDNT WORK!

The damn alarm woke me up every time i moved!

lol-good visual-at least it doesn't say-"protected by security-please step away"

Rosati
03-15-2007, 09:19 PM
lol yeah man

well the moral of the story is dont put yourself in the position to sleep in your car, aka get kicked out or get drunk down the jersey shore

StreetUrchin
03-15-2007, 10:23 PM
There is a BUTTON to turn off the motion sensors!?!?! Yeay! I thought I would have to VAG it to make the wind stop setting mine off!

[hail] @ this thread

CaSp3r9
03-15-2007, 10:30 PM
Haha wow...

maxspeed
03-15-2007, 10:35 PM
There is a BUTTON to turn off the motion sensors!?!?! Yeay! I thought I would have to VAG it to make the wind stop setting mine off!

[hail] @ this thread

yikes... owners manual FTW

burner799
03-15-2007, 10:37 PM
i think it being on when the windows are down is part of the security. I like leaving my windows down sometimes on hot days and know the alarm will go off if people stick their dirty little hands inside. I believe you can VAG the sensitivity down though...

4ringAR
03-15-2007, 10:43 PM
i think mine is pretty unsensitive. one time i had practice for ultimate, so i parked my car right by the field, and didnt want to leave my keys lying around. so, i rolled down the drivers window, put the key the the center console, while locking it. and then when i was done i reached into the car, slowly, opened it and unlocked the car.

and yes mine works. if you go fast it will set the alarm off.

btw, does anyone else think that our panic alarm is sooo pathetic sounding?

A4Shizzle
03-15-2007, 10:53 PM
My alarm went off twice at work. Its so interesting that you asked today, its the first time I've pushed that button in 6 months and I actually told one of the girls at work about the button like 2 hrs before you asked.

EDIT: Yeah, its weak. When they told me it was going off they were like "Does it make a noise too? Oh, wait yeah I can hear it... sort of." Anyone think we can mod another horn? You can hear the alarm on my girlfriend's Lexus through double pane glass from half a block.

StreetUrchin
03-15-2007, 11:16 PM
I have never heard a more depressing panic alarm than a b5 A4's

quadaxel
03-15-2007, 11:20 PM
I have never heard a more depressing panic alarm than a b5 A4's

HAHAHAHAH amen to that. my friends always laugh when i lock my car: "is your car a dying moose or something?"

burner799
03-15-2007, 11:46 PM
yeaaa its funny when me and my friends lock our b5's. sounds retarded stupid. I am too lazy to swap in a new horn. crazy ass germans with their ridiculous horns, not as bad as the french though haha.

ki11switch
03-16-2007, 12:01 AM
man i made the best thread in the world.

i want to put a train horn on my car.... has anyone ever replaced the horns?

loustylez
03-16-2007, 12:19 PM
i want a melodic horn. i've heard a horn that had the godfather theme before. f'ing awesome.

e.van
03-16-2007, 12:19 PM
As far as I know, it's not for a motion sensor, rather a change-in-pressure sensor. That's why a strong wind will set it off, but sleeping in the car will not.

onemoremile
03-16-2007, 12:23 PM
It is an air pressure sensor. The sensors are those little slits near the top of the pillars. It can still be set off by movement in the car. I had to use a walkup ATM and locked the car with both my little kids in it. It went off twice. Scared the crap out of them. I was only a couple feet away so it wasn't a big deal to unlock and lock the car again.

When you push the button the alarm light next to the door lock plunger will flash quickly. Shut the door and arm it quickly and the sensors will be off. This way the windows or moonroof can be open on a hot summer day.

agentsmith988
03-17-2007, 12:55 PM
my regular steering wheel horn sounds like a dying animal...one of the notes went out... lol

onemoremile
03-17-2007, 01:00 PM
Get a pair of Hella Supertone horns and you'll get mad respect.

http://www.rallylights.com/hella/horns.asp

Or just mount a couple air horns from a train in there somewhere.

Durkin
03-17-2007, 01:42 PM
yeah the first time my alarm went off on my 01, i was in my friends appt and they were like "is that your car alarm?" ".. um.. hope not *looked*.. yeah.. WTF?" .. went off a second time after that, but my windows were open, hasnt done it since then.. it's so sad sounding compared to my friends 06 civic, which is louder than hell..

e.van
03-17-2007, 04:15 PM
I want the alarm tone from a Jaguar... drool.

Don't even know where one could find a sound clip of one (heard it on an XKR at work once), but it's loud as hell and beautiful!