PDA

View Full Version : Look what i just bought---- : K04 Kit For sale!

Rosati
03-15-2007, 03:22 PM
http://vw-addicted.com/users/carlsond/intake.jpg
http://vw-addicted.com/users/carlsond/turbo%201.jpg
^^ Has been updated , it was his initial setup pics, and he told me it has been changed (jbweld)

ATP Hardware kit with 28rs turbo
440CC green top injectors
3 Inch catalytic converter(also have 3 inch straight pipe that came with kit)
EPL custom tuned software
TT diverter valve
Custom intake setup
Adj FPR

This setup he said made 291whp .............W/O a FMIC ! (not something i would do.....b ut....) so w/ one , should be up in the 300's.....

Got if off a cool guy off the Vortex, we spoke on the phone..

I put up a nice Down payment and we'll complete the transaction in a week or so

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3121681

K04 kit is up for sale, will be making a Thread in a second.

I just need his milltek , thats gonna be 600 more ..... But Hey this is what i want. I didnt buy $2k rims for a reason

Im not too hot about that JBweld idea for the DV but its not anything we cant fix. The bottom pic is older, the top pic shows a hose which i think he fixed up

EPL tuning huh, we'll see if your as good as they say!

Comments comments comments! please~!

I cant FCKING wait!

ki11switch
03-15-2007, 03:25 PM
looks like one of the hoses that goes to the DV

how much for the k04 kit? what does it come with?

Rosati
03-15-2007, 03:31 PM
^^yeah i figured but why run it down there? Hmmmm....

K04 comes with:

1-Turbo- +/- 15k UNDER 8 PSI , I never ran the turbo at over stock levels! I was always on stock software. I just got the adj. fpr and k04 software and gauge , but never ran the turbo at K04 potential/range , Proof is on here

2-GIAC software for DBC

you would need to get the 5 bar fpr Havent decided a price yet, its pretty mint

bandit
looks like a sketchy setup

audiness
is that JB weld on there ?!

Rosati
03-15-2007, 03:34 PM
Yeah prolly

Its not anything that cant be fixed, or done right though

EDIT: the second pic was his initial pic of the setup , first time around and has been fixed since.

passatkid
03-15-2007, 03:39 PM
How much for the Ko4, and what ecu/software do you have.

Rosati
03-15-2007, 03:42 PM
guys i didnt really want to turn this into a FS thread. Please PM me

20vpower
03-15-2007, 04:17 PM
whats up with ur clutch, think ur gonna need a clutch soon wit that +k04 power =D pm w/ prices on k04 kuz im hopefully gettin 99.5 1.8tqm in a week

Rosati
03-15-2007, 04:20 PM
Check the SIG bud, or PM me as stated before... Sorry mods..... :x ...... And yes ill be replacing the clutch in the near future, dont worry : )

a4cefed
03-15-2007, 04:21 PM
nice

Rosati
03-15-2007, 04:58 PM
Thanks mike, i just proved all the other guys right about skipping the K04...

Seeing posts and debates from My 350z thread and B00sts thread, i have to give it to don supreme and everyone else for making up my mind, thanks fellas.

I knew i wanted to go 28RS but it was just a matter of time when and in this case, i never even saw what the pc16 or even the k04 file is like !

o well.....

Rosati
03-15-2007, 05:34 PM
UPDATE: just got the milltek for a sweet price to go along w/ it.

Pics tomorrow.

JumboBlack1.8
03-15-2007, 05:53 PM
That guy was selling his whole car for a pretty cheap price. I was surprised when no one jumped on it earlier. Great pick up man. You'll love the setup

Rosati
03-15-2007, 06:52 PM
Thanks bud, i hope so

Im just wondering how much i can squeeze out of the tune w/ bigger injectors and FMIC obviously...

Don? Mike? Tom? Jedi? Bran? :P

Im also wondering how long my stock clutch will last : ) (w/o launching hard)

94jedi
03-15-2007, 07:01 PM
Awesome bro!!! you finally made the jump!!!! Looks good overall...provided everything is in good shape. Congrats on getting your settlement too!!! I'm far from an expert but PM me if you need anything! Congrats again man! 300 AWHP should be no prob on a relatively conservative tune. The FMIC really just prevents HP loss once you heat soak the SMIC. More power will come from more fuel/adv timing(tune). Did he give any specs on his car when it made 291 awhp? Boost, octane used etc? Sweet deal on the Miltek too!!! I wish I had seen that deal!! Is it the resonated version?

Take it easy on the clutch...Just don't be mean to it and it'll work for a while...I can pretty much guarantee that it will slip under full boost in 3rd though!! enjoy!

Rosati
03-15-2007, 07:12 PM
Thanks alot jedi , appreciate it He swears everything is in good shape. I gave him the " Im going to have zero issues w/ this kit right? " talk :P

I will be getting all the specs when he comes back online.....

I picked up the milltek pretty cheap, about a used borla price.... and Yes , its resonated...

How loud do you think its gonna be now ? !

I will go easy on her i never drive hard, except when i get those urges...... hehe

and thanks for the offer, youll be gettin another PM sooner or later haha or a frustrated Rosati post

94jedi
03-15-2007, 07:20 PM
Resonated miltek shouldn't be loud at all. Ask b00st, I think he has that exhaust. If you go easy on the clutch, you'll be fine. Remember though, my k03 on GIAC tune was smoking my clutch during 3krpm launches.....so in the words of the soup nazi...NO LAUNCHES FOR YOU! Just take it easy and you'll be fine. Tomritt ran his 28RS Setup on the stock clutch for a while. Oh BTW, is that a .64 a/r or the .86?

One other thing Rosati, you've pulled the head on your car and have more technical experience than 90% of people on this board. You'll do just fine w/ your setup!

maxspeed
03-15-2007, 07:24 PM
zero issuea and 291 whp dont go together on a b5, but still have a sick time with that monster!

94jedi
03-15-2007, 07:39 PM
zero issuea and 291 whp dont go together on a b5, but still have a sick time with that monster!
lol, "zero issues" and B5 don't go together!

Rosati
03-15-2007, 07:43 PM
O of course i know that for sure, i meant hes not leaving any bad info out.....

Also, Jedi, I replaced 2 exhaust valves....

Pac1085 made a good point and asked if they were sodium filled....

I know racing engines use sodium filled exhaust valves but do our cars? and i think they do..... I replaced 2 valves w/ some that only ran me about 11/12$ each...

Do you think that will be a problem down the road?

seank
03-15-2007, 08:19 PM
nice grab, he had his car forsale forever on vortex, good thing you got the best part.[up]

Rosati
03-15-2007, 08:37 PM
Thx man, did everyone go to sleep already?

BOOOOO

any opinions on those valves?

ibew5audi
03-15-2007, 08:38 PM
Nice-can't wait to scrap my kkk-2mos. or less.
Lot's of work ahead. Clutch is gonna slip in all gears if stock @ 290hp.

Poopie
03-15-2007, 11:32 PM
NICE GOOD JUMP. I'm glad b00sts post made an immediate impact on someones decision.

Rosati
03-15-2007, 11:45 PM
Thanks poop, It was a combination of His and My 350z post w/ all the BT guys going at it

Poopie
03-15-2007, 11:49 PM
you'll have a really strong neck soon =)

BranCKY3
03-15-2007, 11:52 PM
Hmmm who's my little k04 going to now? Congrats and you'll soon be welcomed to the BT club! Get that shit to the track ASAP once you get it all installed. I'm going in less than a month and I can't wait!

Rosati
03-15-2007, 11:57 PM
You know it bran, Thanks

Im aiming for the glen , but i guess ill give her a run at E town

Autocross is where its at, not the strip , i cant wait to get on a real circuit,but i know i have to hit the strip to test the setup

(mainly cause i wont have a clultch to launch on yet [:(])

bitterchild
03-16-2007, 03:02 AM
lol

Don Supreme
03-16-2007, 07:30 AM
That turbo is rated @ 350BHP. I don't think you should be looking for absolute peak power from it, but a very nice streetable powerband. I have only ridden in 1 a4 with a full GT28RS (Emil's) and it was a very exciting.

That ride is when I realized

BT + Quattro + Suspension = Hard thumping excitement for a car guy like myself.

Rosati
03-16-2007, 07:35 AM
No im not looking for the peak power........ yet.

In fact, i have my first problem:

During rebuild of the cylinder head, i replaced 2 exhaust valves with Cheapo 11/12$ ones....

At the time of my rebuild, i DID NOT know we used stock sodium filled valves in our cars. So replacing these, with cheap ones, will only be the demise of my engine.

So now, i have to pull my head (again) Buy sodium filled exhaust valves and put them in.

Anyone have any? (2)

94jedi
03-16-2007, 07:46 AM
I got a ride/drove in audisnapr's full 28RS equipped avant (Unitronic tune) and it was extremely lively!!!! It pulled hard and seemed to want to pull beyond redline. The midrange was ungodly. It's a very very nice setup. You're going to enjoy it alot Rosati.

Rosati
03-16-2007, 07:52 AM
Thanks man , sounds mean, cant wait, but theres a few things i have to do, can you check out the post above yours?

Don Supreme
03-16-2007, 08:10 AM
Did you check that the cheap valves are not sodium filled? I would check qedpower.com for valve information / suppliers.

Rosati
03-16-2007, 08:53 AM
will do.

But at 11/12$ a pop, im guessing they are garbage and will melt right off

maxspeed
03-16-2007, 09:06 AM
if it aint one thing, its another get em done and get her boostin!

94jedi
03-16-2007, 09:15 AM
Did you check that the cheap valves are not sodium filled? I would check qedpower.com for valve information / suppliers.

I agree...I would check w/ Bob. I have no idea. I knew our valves are sodium filled but I didn't know you could even buy cheap ones that were not. I guess they must be just generic valves that "fit"? I have no idea how much valves for our heads cost. Again, check w/ Bob at Qed. I'm sure he'll be able and willing to shed some light.

Rosati
03-16-2007, 09:53 AM
Thanks , sure will

Maybe if i dig up my posts i can find exactly where i got them from

slimmj0k3r
03-16-2007, 10:22 AM
sweet setup bro....bring that down to bridgewater when we cruise lol

Rosati
03-16-2007, 10:29 AM
Hey im heading down with Ckymike ( we think ) this coming monday but we'll be in his A4/S4

BW will have to wait man

slimmj0k3r
03-16-2007, 10:45 AM
ah i know CKYmike.....just let me know bro I'll PM you my cell so just give me a call if you do or dont go

onemoremile
03-16-2007, 12:01 PM
No im not looking for the peak power........ yet.

In fact, i have my first problem:

During rebuild of the cylinder head, i replaced 2 exhaust valves with Cheapo 11/12$ ones....

At the time of my rebuild, i DID NOT know we used stock sodium filled valves in our cars. So replacing these, with cheap ones, will only be the demise of my engine.

So now, i have to pull my head (again) Buy sodium filled exhaust valves and put them in.

Anyone have any? (2)

Not many racecars run sodium filled valves. The hollow stems are weaker and fatigue can be an issue at higher RPM. Most run either steel or a coated titanium for the valves. Sodium filled valves are definitely a street car thing. Their real world advantage is debatable (and constantly debated). I think it just looks cool in a brochure. It has a "we thought of everything" appeal to it.

Cosworth replaces the STI's sodium filled valves with inconel to get a 2400 degree temp rating. Their stainless steel intake valves are rated at 1800 degrees.

Chevrolet runs sodium-potassium filled valves in their C6 Z06 because they are lighter than solid stainless valves.

http://www.idavette.net/hib/02ls6/page2.htm

Don Supreme
03-16-2007, 12:42 PM
^ So do you think he will be ok with his cheapo valves?

onemoremile
03-16-2007, 12:44 PM
Shouldn't be a problem unless there was a manufacturing defect or they were very poor quality to begin with. As long as they work like a valve should there really won't be a difference.

Rosati
03-16-2007, 01:07 PM
Idk jim,are you sure? many are saying that they wont stand up to the heat of the 28RS and I am thinking the same.....

I got off the phone w/ Carson (audi tech/friend) and he told me to replace them and get Atr studs for the block, they are stronger than the headbolts and can be reused and do not stretch

For about the past month , the car has been leaking oil from the cam seal, the shop didnt put the seal in right , the last time they put it together and i never got around to fixing it because of the weather and funds. Now there has been oil over my Timing belt and others for quite some time, Just to be safe, i am going to replace only the belt, and find out for sure if these valves will hold up.... Im guessing they wont but either way, i have to strip down the car to ship out the K04 and bring the stock exhaust and trade it for the milltek this weekend

So w. the car being down , its not a big deal to do this extra work just to be safe

it only takes me about 40 mins to pull the head, a day to get it fixed, then another two hours or so to put it back, set the timing and install turbo.

After that, the exhaust might be another question but we'll get to that later.

So i have a plan. My main concern now is just those valves..

Found the link from my old post: Valves used: http://www.importperformanceparts.net/imports/topvalvetrain-audi1.html

onemoremile
03-16-2007, 01:25 PM
A decent stainless valve will be fine in a turbo car. Ask Bob at qedpower.com if you need a definitive answer.

I'd be more concerned with the manufacturing methods and quality of the valves than whether or not they are filled. A high quality forged stainless valve is plenty strong but a cheap shoddy one might not be. If you can pull the head as quickly as you say then there really is no reason not to just put a pair of stock valves in. We all know that they just won't be a problem. That peace of mind is priceless. Definitely change to studs while you're in there. The head bolts would need to be replaced anyway since they are a one time use component.

A whole lot of turbo cars make a lot of power with stainless valves. I've got a Racecar Engineering magazine in the upstairs bathroom with lots of advertisements for racing valvetrain components and not one of the valves is sodium filled. This is a real deal racing magazine and not like Sport Compact Car or something. This one is for the real race teams.

---------------------
Supertech Extreme Flow Performance Valves for Pro Street and Racing are engineered for High RPM and High HP. Extreme Flow Valves outperform any other valve on the market today, and with their Nitride Coating are perfect for High Temperatures (and run cooler which improves valve life), Nitrous, Turbos and Superchargers. For naturally aspirated motors these valves will give you a much greater cylinder flow for good HP gains.

Manufacturing/Description
Intake and Exhaust Valves are One Piece Forged, High Temperature, High Nickel, Stainless Steel Alloy. Valves are CNC finished to strict tolerances making these valves the choice for the most demanding race classes.
---------------------

Rosati
03-16-2007, 01:33 PM
^^scratch that link.
I used their supplier, now that i remember

I just got off the Phone w/ K and K engine rebuilders (please see them if you need any rebuilding in the tri state area) , who did my head, and I spoke w/ my guy

he said he DOES NOT use cheap valves he said they are 20 each , his price and they used to be 60/70 each a while ago and thier prices dropped and he says the company did not change

he said "If they are for turbo car, i think they are sodium filled and not cheap" He also said he would verify w. the company for me on monday

so wow, this is a relief but ill know for sure monday

and in reality he only charged me for the valves and no labor...... thats why i thought they were cheap

Honestly im really not looking to upgrade my valves...unless i absolutely have to change them

onemoremile
03-16-2007, 01:39 PM
It would be a nice surprise to find out that he put stock valves in there for you. Good luck!

Rosati
03-16-2007, 02:12 PM
Im gonna guess that they arent stock, but stock quality matched, being sodium filled

Think about it, either way, they would have to stand up to almost the same amount of heat , no?

sure the 28rs will flow more and raise the temps, but i dont think theyll give out at that point, i think they would have gone already if they were that cheap

again, ill have to wait to be 100% yea man that'd be a nice surprise and take a huge load off my back and get the car set up faster so that i can spend the $ on the studs

Thanks

Don Supreme
03-16-2007, 03:18 PM
I think you are putting way too much into this. The 28rs probably won't create any more heat than a ko4 running a pc-16 file. That file pushes the turbo WAY out of its range.

So if the valve is bad you should have been worried long before the 28rs came into the picture.

Rosati
03-16-2007, 03:37 PM
Thank you, thats what i thought

AudiRacerS4
03-16-2007, 04:13 PM
very nice setup you got there, looking foward to seeing this beast when its complete ; )

Rosati
03-17-2007, 08:15 AM
Thanks man , i just cant wait to get my hands on it

Just gotta get this valve thing sorted out and replace my timing belt ( belt only) due to oil soaking it