PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket HID Kit: one's not firing always...

JMaxx93
03-14-2007, 07:09 PM
I got a PIAA HID kit. don't know much more about it. it came with my car. but sometimes they both fire. sometimes only the pass side. neither have relays. would that fix it?

Silverstreak98
03-14-2007, 07:19 PM
Well the problem could be that you don't have enough power coming from your stock harness to fire them, and this is why one only fires sometimes. A relay going to your battery would probably fix this. Go to http://www.hidplanet.com/forums if you still have questions. They will probably tell you to by OEM parts and make a kit yourself as they don't really like kits because they don't work nearly as well.

onemoremile
03-14-2007, 07:26 PM
This is a fairly common problem. I didn't have it so I don't know how to fix it. I have read about it and know it is fairly simple. Search the forums for your answer.

JMaxx93
03-14-2007, 08:34 PM
Thanks. I kinda figured it might not be pushing enough current <------the actual culprit) not power or voltage. I guess I gotta part with my spare relays.

speedydragon
03-14-2007, 08:50 PM
samething happened to my kit from cqlights.ca they sent me a new bulb, hopefully i won't have to purchase the relay. I think having to turn our lights on 2x in order for both to fire up would kill the bulb that's always on on the first try.