PDA

View Full Version : Need help Got a problem

Kiss_My_A
03-10-2007, 04:37 AM
Hey wussup anybody and everybody. I just ran into a problem with A4 1.8t B5 tonight. started my car, left my drive way and car started sputering and sounded like a WRX PUTT PUTT PUTT PUTT??? and also my CHECK ENGINE light kept flashing so i drove back home and open my hood and what did i find? parts of my CAt to be glowing red. and a funny smell from exhaust. when idleing still sputering. ANY IDEAS GUYS i have no clue what may have caused this problem. FYI when it first happened my car was only on the street for about 3 min then it happened. I need some feed back please. Thank you. [confused]

audi808a4
03-13-2007, 09:40 AM
coil pack blew.
glowing cat is normal with stock turbo.
stink exhaust is from one cylander not burning off the fuel.
start your car pull out one coil pack at a time to find which cylander is out and replace it.

HIstateS8
03-13-2007, 02:19 PM
Yeah, it sounds like it's your coilpacks gone bad. If you are under warranty, have audi check it and they'll replace all 4. No sense just change one and the other 3 go bad....I hope that's the prob...good luck.

Raudi
03-13-2007, 07:19 PM
I agree with the coil pack. Also if the cat was glowing red after a short drive it's probably the unburnt fuel lighting off in the cat.

audi808a4
03-13-2007, 10:52 PM
I agree with the coil pack. Also if the cat was glowing red after a short drive it's probably the unburnt fuel lighting off in the cat.

you're right about the cat. i didnt read the original post good the first time.

Kiss_My_A
03-15-2007, 01:26 AM
coil pack blew.
glowing cat is normal with stock turbo.
stink exhaust is from one cylander not burning off the fuel.
start your car pull out one coil pack at a time to find which cylander is out and replace it.

Thank you very much for your info, i actually took it in to audi and i am getting it fixed your right though it was the coil pack. now i just gotta figure out why i am running lean but thanks for your help. derek[hail] [race]