PDA

View Full Version : heading to maui in april 11-18 any gtg?

Brilliant1.8t
02-22-2007, 09:53 PM
so i'm flying to Maui in april any gtg going on that time, and what's a good place to stay or do in Maui?

TIA

Jesse S.
02-23-2007, 12:23 AM
Not familiar with Maui.. most of if not all the hawaii folks that post here live on Oahu. I'm sure one of the guys here has been to Maui and can give you some feedback.

AudiBoy808
02-23-2007, 01:40 AM
The last time I was there we stayed at the kaanapali hotel and visited the aquarium and haleakala. Iao needle is another good place to go to. Just depends what part of the island you're staying on.

boostinmr2
02-23-2007, 12:56 PM
Audi content: Hertz renta car has B7 A4s, B6 A4 convertibles, and Q7s.

You can stay where ever you see fit to your budget. As far activities-

I just went there 2 weeks ago and the water is friggen freezing - as in 70 degrees during the day and slightly below in the early morning. Check with activities people how the water is before plunging straight in as I'm sure Molokini is something that you'd like to snorkel/scuba.
Molokini is to the Central South.

Hana in the northeast has all the waterfalls. Please note that you can get in from Hana freeway, expect to go out the same way. I thought the road went around the entire island, it does not...

Lahaina is sort of like a Maui version of Waikiki with small shops next to the beach. I found some of the best food I've ever eaten in Lahaina. David Paul's Grill is a must try if you love food (it is pricey though).

I never explored the northwest, but thought it to be too far out of the way as you have to reach there from the south west. I think that's about it... If you get bored fly to Oahu for $29 each way.

verno
02-23-2007, 05:10 PM
New to Audis but been on Maui forever (minus 8 years going to school in LA). There are alot of things to do here provided you are an outdoor person. This is my first Audi, love it and is my primary driver now, but I also have a lifted Tundra that is my toy, my baby. It takes me wherever I want to go (diving, fishing, surfing, etc). You may want to rent a 4wd jeep or SUV if you plan on touring the whole island and doing ocean stuff. It is way easier. You can go all the way around the island this way (past Hana). There are some killer things to see if you like nature stuff. The night life here...[down] . Lahaina is the best place for that though. If I were you, I'd stay in Wailea or Kaanapali. There's more things to do on the west side (aka Lahaina, Kaanapali, Kapalua) however, it is expensive. Be ready to relax!!