PDA

View Full Version : Clutch

Ayjay23
02-21-2007, 01:01 AM
Its about that time and i want to get atleast a stage II clutch. What type of kits do you guys like? I want something that is going to feel about stock nothing too heavy. Something that will take a slight beating but last atleast 50-70 thousand miles. Also whats the deal with the flywheels? I remember reading somewhere that they use a dual mass flywheel. Should i get something lighter? i have an 01 A4 with a 1.8t quattro. please give me any feedback you guys have.
thanks in advance
adam

TQMB5
02-21-2007, 06:46 AM
search buddy, we have been talking about this quite a bit lately

UN-PIMP-Z-A4
02-21-2007, 06:57 AM
Stock oem clutch
that should last another 50 - 70 thousand... [up]

Militant-Grunt
02-21-2007, 07:32 AM
Stock oem clutch
that should last another 50 - 70 thousand... [up]

You're out of your mind if you actually buy another stock oem. Its trash, can't even handle the stock power output. Stay away from Spec. Im happy with mine, but a lot of members complain about their lifetime not being too great. A member in another thread recommended 'clutchnet' as being a good clutch. Remember, when you get a new clutch get a new flywheel while you're at it. Also if you're going to remain stock, or close to stock (still on k03) then don't go higher than stage II, a powerful clutch will push against the engine hard, and it will make for some extremely hard engagements.

UN-PIMP-Z-A4
02-21-2007, 08:49 AM
You're out of your mind if you actually buy another stock oem. Its trash, can't even handle the stock power output. Stay away from Spec. Im happy with mine, but a lot of members complain about their lifetime not being too great. A member in another thread recommended 'clutchnet' as being a good clutch. Remember, when you get a new clutch get a new flywheel while you're at it. Also if you're going to remain stock, or close to stock (still on k03) then don't go higher than stage II, a powerful clutch will push against the engine hard, and it will make for some extremely hard engagements.

I guess my Sarcasm is hard to read...

With the amount of threads in regards to clutch did we really need to answer the question...

All he had to do is go to page 2 or STFA

maxspeed
02-21-2007, 09:47 AM
whatever you do, DO NOT BUY A SPEC CLUTCH. mine just shit out on me before the 15,000 mi mark

TQMB5
02-21-2007, 11:46 AM
south bend stage 3, its in the group buy, get a new oem flywheel from bitterchild.