PDA

View Full Version : how to mount a FMIC 98 a4 1.8t...???

Beemer832
02-20-2007, 07:04 PM
Went to get the wheel bearing done today, and they looked over my car for an upcoming DE. Said I needed to securely mount the FMIC, right now it is just hanging there. I have never done anything to this car, as in maintenance or tear it apart. It has an s4 modded bumper, and a FMIC which I dont know any info about (make or model). Are there any secure mounting points for this type of unit? If so, where? I know I have to take the bumper off, just don't know if the chasis on the 1.8 and 2.8 are any different. I have taken my 2.8 bumper off many times.

Josh

mike-2ptzero
02-20-2007, 07:22 PM
Went to get the wheel bearing done today, and they looked over my car for an upcoming DE. Said I needed to securely mount the FMIC, right now it is just hanging there. I have never done anything to this car, as in maintenance or tear it apart. It has an s4 modded bumper, and a FMIC which I dont know any info about (make or model). Are there any secure mounting points for this type of unit? If so, where? I know I have to take the bumper off, just don't know if the chasis on the 1.8 and 2.8 are any different. I have taken my 2.8 bumper off many times.

Josh

Plenty of ways to mount the fmic, most use the bolt locations on the radiator. Taking the 1.8 bumper off is the same as the 2.8 bumper.

SeanF
02-20-2007, 08:05 PM
yea, just use flat stock..

theres pics in the DIY Ebay FMIC thread...

Beemer832
02-21-2007, 09:02 AM
awesome. tahnks guys