PDA

View Full Version : Forge 004 & backfires? - img

dualaudi
02-20-2007, 02:22 PM
So i installed my forge 004, and i'm not sure if it's the BOV that's giving me back fires. Could it be incorrect fueling with the Adj. FPR?

i know i've looked up issues with backfires, but haven't really seen a solution... any ideas? I backfire during each shift.

http://www.audizine.com/gallery/data/500/4494DSC05920-bov-med.JPG

bitterchild
02-20-2007, 02:33 PM
it's b/c your bov doesn't recirculate the air during throttle chops. rich condition causes unburnt fuel to ignite in the exhaust

brlukosk
02-20-2007, 02:57 PM
So i installed my forge 004, and i'm not sure if it's the BOV that's giving me back fires.

......Well heres your problem.

TighTT
02-20-2007, 03:11 PM
So i installed my forge 004, and i'm not sure if it's the BOV that's giving me back fires. Could it be incorrect fueling with the Adj. FPR?

i know i've looked up issues with backfires, but haven't really seen a solution... any ideas? I backfire during each shift.

LOL...Epic post! This, Ladies and Gents, is why everyone warns about the use of a BOV.....our cars arent meant for them.

dualaudi
02-20-2007, 03:30 PM
......Well heres your problem.

HAHAHAHAH... okay okay okay... well, my friends 2871 with SSQ bov is not back firing at all... that's the only reason why i question this...

so are you saying because you know for a fact that it's the BOV, and not because it's coming from hate?

type911
02-20-2007, 03:42 PM
see the problem is The Maf is located before the Turbo. It reads the amount of air rushing past it and sends signals to the ECU for the proper amount of fuel. The air is acounted for by the MAF. With a Bypass Valve the air recirculates back into the intake and is therefor still accounted for. With a BOV the metered air is let back into the atmosphere yet the Maf thinks it is still in the system so it still calls for the same amount of fuel.

My explanation may suck but its about the best I can think of.

Lazer Viking
02-20-2007, 03:46 PM
glad to see the bov people are migrating here too.. i thought it was just af that had these problems

b00st
02-20-2007, 03:50 PM
[QUOTE=dualaudi;1433346]HAHAHAHAH... okay okay okay... well, my friends 2871 with SSQ bov is not back firing at all... that's the only reason why i question this...
QUOTE]

i know for the SSQV they have a recir kit for that....is his running the recir kit?

dualaudi
02-20-2007, 04:07 PM
see the problem is The Maf is located before the Turbo. It reads the amount of air rushing past it and sends signals to the ECU for the proper amount of fuel. The air is acounted for by the MAF. With a Bypass Valve the air recirculates back into the intake and is therefor still accounted for. With a BOV the metered air is let back into the atmosphere yet the Maf thinks it is still in the system so it still calls for the same amount of fuel.

My explanation may suck but its about the best I can think of.

This is exactly what i was looking for... whether it holds water or not... (sounds completely logical to me) thanks for the info...