PDA

View Full Version : How do you pamper your Audi?

RudeBwoi
02-19-2007, 09:26 PM
Well, its been a rough Winter so far, and i feel my car screaming for some good TLC. Wit the tax return coming, I'm figured I should do some things that will make the car run and feel a little better. Things like sparks and air filters are given. I was just wondering what kinds of things do you guys do to the car, such as additives, or other easy/effective fixes do you guys do to your cars to make them feel and drive a little better. Not exactly the sched maintenance stuff, anything beyond the obvious that you guys wanna point others in the direction of? Any worthwhile suggestions are appreciated.

A4_2.8tuner
02-19-2007, 09:29 PM
a good/complete detail...throw in some fuel injector cleaner, clean your air filter, an oil change if ya need one. top off fluids...minor maintenance stuff is always good

fred2ka4
02-19-2007, 09:31 PM
I leave the light in the garage on because she gets scared at night with all the noises, I also warm the oil just a little before I change it to make sure it's not to cold and I test it on my wrist first ........... [:D]

CaSp3r9
02-19-2007, 09:34 PM
Sea foam! It works wonders...

KLEEMO
02-19-2007, 09:38 PM
lol I give my car a good 2 hour detail clean at least once a week to keep her shining & looking good!!!

As for Maintenance I make sure the car is serviced at least every 10,000km's, only use 98+ octane fuel & run a fuel cleaner/ octane booster through the system once every couple of months.

AudiSport12
02-19-2007, 09:50 PM
lol I give my car a good 2 hour detail clean at least once a week to keep her shining & looking good!!!

As for Maintenance I make sure the car is serviced at least every 10,000km's, only use 98+ octane fuel & run a fuel cleaner/ octane booster through the system once every couple of months.

i pretty much do the same. i change oil with full synthetic every 3000 miles and i run 93 oct with the occasional octane booster.

other than that, i check all fluids and make sure they are topped off every gas fill up.

A4Rob
02-19-2007, 09:55 PM
You guys detail your car for 2+ hours WEEKLY!? My A4's lucky if its washed once a week. Daaaaaang.

Anyways I use sea foam if my car needs some lovin

quadaxel
02-19-2007, 10:06 PM
You guys detail your car for 2+ hours WEEKLY!? My A4's lucky if its washed once a week. Daaaaaang.

hahaha same

AudiSport12
02-19-2007, 10:10 PM
oh 2 hours at the minimum. its so hard to clean up a car that hasnt been loved for like 2 weeks. my girl just stays spotless

ExpLlclT
02-19-2007, 10:17 PM
clay bar and wax vac intior shine it up a bit, never let her get dirty

burner799
02-19-2007, 11:32 PM
isn't it not good to change your oil too often......

Quattro
02-19-2007, 11:53 PM
hmm, have sex in the car, my car loves it =x

JMaxx93
02-20-2007, 08:47 AM
My car has me whipped. If it makes funny noises I turn off my radio and roll the windows down in 20 degree weather to listen intently. And I don't ride her too hard when she first wakes up.

LateraLex
02-20-2007, 08:50 AM
2 fingers up the tailpipe

Lazer Viking
02-20-2007, 08:53 AM
bahahahaha

yea, 2 hour detail every week (except for the winter she stays dirty till its warm)

MultiAudis
02-20-2007, 08:58 AM
fuel filter

ProOnThaSnow
02-20-2007, 09:01 AM
In the summer, I have always been the same with every car I've owned, either Saturday or Sunday is detail day... I've been known to shampoo carpets, steam clean, and wash/wax for 6-61/2 hours.. usually only a couple hours though. I live on a main street in town so I park it in the grass (not cuz it looks good, but because I need a longer hose to wash it, lol) but it works out alright, cuz girls drive by and scream and yell... kinda comforting, in a random way. LOL.

In the winter I neglect the shit out of it, I figure if I wash it, I'm just gonna have to wash it again a couple days later, and I am deathly paranoid of scratches, so one good washing is what she gets when the weather warms up (like it did friday). Then I wonder why i hadn't washed it sooner, cuz it looks soooooo damn good.

Nor_Cal_Driver
02-20-2007, 09:16 AM
Slap her on the ass on give her a nice 4-wheel drift.

-Clay bar here too.

b00st
02-20-2007, 09:57 AM
clay bar and wax vac intior shine it up a bit, never let her get dirty

werd!

94jedi
02-20-2007, 10:00 AM

Anyways I use sea foam if my car needs some lovin

LOL! so much for "show car" status hunh?[:D]

Monchichi8
02-20-2007, 10:00 AM
I leave the light in the garage on because she gets scared at night with all the noises, I also warm the oil just a little before I change it to make sure it's not to cold and I test it on my wrist first ........... [:D]

LMAO

1 ate T
02-20-2007, 10:03 AM
LMAO

x2 HAHAHA

I was once a week... Depends on how I feel if I take a long time.

KLEEMO
02-20-2007, 09:10 PM
Yeah full treatment of cleaning each week

- Full exterior wash
- Spray wax & paint conditioner
- Full Chamios dry
- Doors and boot jams
- Polish exhaust pipes
- Full interior vac
- Wash & wipe of all leather seats
- Armorall of all surface areas
- Window clean
- Fragrance

Sometimes if shes really lucky she gets and engine bay detail clean as well!!!

Tiluleshpingen
02-20-2007, 09:28 PM

LMAO.. AHHAHAHAHAHAH FUNNY

when i park in the garage i leave the hood open. cools faster i think.. kiss her good night in the steering wheel[:D]
in winteri neglect the shit out of her... maybe just spray some water underneeth the car to take all the salt out.. it has been sice october sincei washed her [rolleyes]
every morning before i go to work or school. i check the oil measure. coolant and brake fluid check for nay damaged hoses.. whole proces take about 20 mins.. who said girls are the only one who take a long time to gt ready[:p]

alhal
02-27-2007, 08:22 PM

lolz x4!!

I just got a sweet little wet dry vac to keep in the trunk for messy passengers who I guess dont know the "take off your shoes b4 you enter the car" rule
We dont get snow here but it sure is fun trying to keep clean with 9 months of rain.