PDA

View Full Version : Fawking still have safe mode!!!

AUD-A4
02-19-2007, 07:28 PM
so i had this connection w/ a friend that tried and helped me out w/ my safe mode issue that i've had for about a !#@#@# month and a half.well anyways, i gave my buddy the serial number that was in my maintnence book and my vin.so now it turns out that the radio was probally 95% changed and there is no code and it has to be reset. so i was wondering if theres any way i can reset it myself or am i going to need to make an appointment w/ the local stealership??? this is really sucking that i have no music,and if i do have to go to the dealer is it worth getting this fixed or just should i just get a new headunit? any suggestions is greatly appreciated!!!
thanx
-mandoh

turbo kraut
02-19-2007, 07:47 PM
$60 and they will give you the code, had a similar issue with my head unit

type911
02-19-2007, 07:50 PM
Just tell them the radio was replaced and you never recieved the code. They will look up and see that it was infact replaced and give you the code. It helps if you know what dealer replaced it. I just went through this with the wifes Land Rover. I did it right over the phone.

AUD-A4
02-19-2007, 07:51 PM
so gay,i called the nearest dealer and they wanted 98bux,like wtf,do they think im stupid or something. im gonna make an appoinment w/ this dealer and tell him to f off if he charges me 98dollars when all the others charged me 55-60.

AUD-A4
02-19-2007, 07:54 PM
Just tell them the radio was replaced and you never recieved the code. They will look up and see that it was infact replaced and give you the code. It helps if you know what dealer replaced it. I just went through this with the wifes Land Rover. I did it right over the phone.

i tried over the phone one time but they said for security purposes i would have to go in so i can prove the car is mine.

APR Tuned
02-20-2007, 12:57 PM
i paid 20 bux at the Brookline stealer to do it

quickglx
02-20-2007, 02:04 PM
Remove the radio and get the 14 digit serial number from the side of it, starts AUZ..... Post it up here

audithisworld
02-20-2007, 07:04 PM
so gay,i called the nearest dealer and they wanted 98bux,like wtf,do they think im stupid or something. im gonna make an appoinment w/ this dealer and tell him to f off if he charges me 98dollars when all the others charged me 55-60.

i did mine in november schneider nelson audi right by monmouth university 60 some odd bucks! dont be a goon like me and think your a jedi and can guess your own code. i guessed twice, wich put it in a lock mode or something, and got me an extra hour of waiting in the dealership [:o]

AUD-A4
02-20-2007, 07:26 PM
^oh im not gonna try and guess b/c theres a million different combos,lol trust me i got locked out like 5times but i just had to wait an hour to try again,then i just gave up.lol

Remove the radio and get the 14 digit serial number from the side of it, starts AUZ..... Post it up here

ok ill pull my radio out sometime this week,whats odd to me though is that there's a serial number in my maintnence book that has a concert serial on it(not located in radio manual) which is
AUZ5Z6V0030381
but my friend's buddy claims that he couldnt pull up a code. so this week ill pull my radio and get a serial from there also. would my vin be needed also,if so here it is WAUED28D5WA110779.
thanx again in advance!!![:)]