PDA

View Full Version : A4 throttling issues

thedoublej
02-19-2007, 12:45 PM
I'm looking to buy this 1999 audi A4 off my brother but am dealing with some minor issues with the car. The car is running but when you give it gas only runs to 2000 rpm and shoots back down over and over again. somtimes it will run over 2000 rpm but just for a moment or two. The check engine light is on so i figured i would get that checked out(obd scanned). They listed 1.) throttle pos. control malfunction. 2.) throttle acutation potentiometer signal too high. and 3.) throttle/pedal position sensor A circuit high input. After getting the information im thinking its a bad mass air flow sensor. I called a dealership for some suggestiong and they said try cleaning out the throttle body, which i did and no results. So im asking if there is anyone out there that has had this problem or have fixed this problem. Please post back asap if possible.

superman_006
02-19-2007, 01:23 PM
It sounds to me that your throttle body is shot.... it is a freq problem for A4's and The sell for $100-$300 used
Also make sure that you get the correct one, they make sevral for the A4

thedoublej
02-20-2007, 05:57 AM
i think its something electrical. nobody can help me?

1 ate T
02-20-2007, 06:00 AM
It's probably the MAF sensor. It's inside the intake box. Clean it up, and try it out, but you may need to replace that.

Had the same problem when I was stupid and put the MAF sensor in backwards on the intake install lol.

thedoublej
02-21-2007, 10:28 AM
It's probably the MAF sensor. It's inside the intake box. Clean it up, and try it out, but you may need to replace that.

Had the same problem when I was stupid and put the MAF sensor in backwards on the intake install lol.

how do you clean the MAF? Isnt that an electrical sensor how do you clean that

1 ate T
02-21-2007, 10:58 AM
not much you can do to clean it other than wipe it off with something.

like i said tho, you will probably have to replace it.

recognize408
02-21-2007, 03:40 PM
Both the MAF and the throttle position sensor have similar symptoms. Could be either. A good way to clean your MAF is to use Denatured or Isopropyl Alcohol, and dip it in a ziplock bag full for a few minutes. Then let it air dry for a few hours. Theres also some stuff made by CNC that is called MAF cleaner, you could try that/