PDA

View Full Version : another 2871 is born muhaha!

creechsa4
02-19-2007, 08:50 AM
happy pres day to you all. i just finished my 2871 elim, it's been down for like 3+months. I'm babying it right now at 12 psi, but it will destroy my old pc 16 k04 setup even at that boost setting. making my own intake piping a full 3 inch almost all the way to the compressor was a challenge. also that damn water return line to the block was a beatch cause it was so tight up in there. intercooler piping and all that wasn't too bad. it has so much of a different demeanor than the k04. it spools way later than the torquey k04 but the midrange to top end is limitless.......wow. also ball bearing turbos are crazy. even after i turn off the engine the turbo is still spinning for like 30 seconds..smooth. check out the mbc mount i made above my tip, it's an old k03 support mount to block! I also appreciate all your answers to my posts when i was working on it. lemme know if you have questions on my setup. happy to pass info on the 'zine.
http://www.audizine.com/gallery/data/500/4747DSCF0006-med.JPG
http://www.audizine.com/gallery/data/500/4747DSCF0007-med.JPG
http://www.audizine.com/gallery/data/500/4747DSCF0005-med.JPG
http://www.audizine.com/gallery/data/500/4747DSCF0004-med.JPG
http://www.audizine.com/gallery/data/500/4747DSCF0030-med.JPG

ProOnThaSnow
02-19-2007, 08:54 AM
Suhhweet! Nice work!

seank
02-19-2007, 08:54 AM
what software are you using?

98a4
02-19-2007, 09:04 AM
I so need to do this ASAP.
Software for DBC is holding me back.

seank
02-19-2007, 09:07 AM
^CTAPP seems to be the way to go, at least that is what i have seen as the consensus.

pipe7284
02-19-2007, 09:48 AM
three words.....I hate you , i envy you, i want 2871. dont let me see you car parked on the wrong place.

congrats. you have to post some vids once complete.

ps: go spank some m3's ass!!!!!!

TQMB5
02-19-2007, 09:57 AM
what front mount is that? also what year is your car?

JumboBlack1.8
02-19-2007, 10:02 AM
Damn....everyone on this site is making me jealous....where the HELL do u guys get the money.....i need a job. The car looks awesome man, have fun with her!

creechsa4
02-19-2007, 11:09 AM
thanks guys for the props, it's a 97. ya funds are the reason why it took me 3+ months. my software was actually designed for t3/t4 57 trim for 550cc injectors. It's the infamous atp for now til i can save up for uni or ctapp programming. i gotta get a wideband now, i'm running only a narrowband o2 gauge right now. also gotta save up for a southbend, more overtime.....

creechsa4
02-19-2007, 11:10 AM
oh yeah front mount i got off used off a honda guy, it seems like a typical ebay core. i also got the pipes used from a guy on the 'zine. haha total cost of fmic & piping= 160.00.

1 ate T
02-19-2007, 11:24 AM
Looks sweet man! [up]

More inspiration [:D]

TQMB5
02-19-2007, 12:39 PM
just curious, that is a stock mani and i was wondering if anyone know whats the advantages of going with the atp mani is? does it really flow that much more air? sorry if this is a dumb question.

Poopie
02-19-2007, 12:43 PM
Did you have trouble with the oil return line? That gave me the biggest headaches and the worst scars. Looks great though. I'll head out and take some pics of my set up too. Good call on not getting the ATP 3in inlet set. It sucks. I'm interested to see your inlet set up though. SAVE UP FOR CTAPP. Its so worth it.

bOOOOstedAudi
02-19-2007, 01:25 PM
Did you have trouble with the oil return line? That gave me the biggest headaches and the worst scars. Looks great though. I'll head out and take some pics of my set up too. Good call on not getting the ATP 3in inlet set. It sucks. I'm interested to see your inlet set up though. SAVE UP FOR CTAPP. Its so worth it.

I am also interesting in the intake. setup. the atp setup is garbage and I wish i could fins the samco hose like http://www.jbsautodesigns.co.uk/images/samco-tip1.jpg
for the GTrs kit.

MultiAudis
02-19-2007, 01:47 PM
congrats!! so jealous!!

alen
02-19-2007, 03:10 PM
Hey looks great. I have a couple of questions, though:

Have you replaced any of the oil lines to the turbo?
Is this pretty much the same plug and play as with the K04 install?
I assume you just reused your old mani; any regrets?

Thanks!

Poopie
02-19-2007, 03:39 PM
if you don't get the 3in inlet upgrade you can use any stock type inlet hose. The ATP gtrs elim will work.

creechsa4
02-19-2007, 04:33 PM

my oil return line wasn't too bad. i did have to rotate the chra to line up with the stock return line. it seems to be fine. My inlet is frankenstien. i have an 90 degree ebay elbow 2.5 to 3 inch, a metal 3 inch elbow i got off a jaguar, then 3 inch id marine exhaust hose (that stuff is almost as hard as hard pipe), then capped it off with vr6 maf. i'm not running oil blow by. n75 or dv return so i can get away with my diy setup . if you want closer pics i can pull it off and take them. my hardest was the water return. i had to use a banjo fitting to home depot brass fittings to create a L then 2 inch length of 1/2 id hose to the block. i could've used stainless lines, but i didn't like the bend in it, it might kink.

creechsa4
02-19-2007, 04:36 PM
just curious, that is a stock mani and i was wondering if anyone know whats the advantages of going with the atp mani is? does it really flow that much more air? sorry if this is a dumb question.

yeah the stock mani is small, i have a ported one, but it's still pretty much the same. but i'd like to get an atp or the clone mani, forget who makes it. again as the money comes in, i'll upgrade. i think the turbo will thank us for a bigger mani.

creechsa4
02-19-2007, 04:59 PM
Hey looks great. I have a couple of questions, though:

Have you replaced any of the oil lines to the turbo?
Is this pretty much the same plug and play as with the K04 install?
I assume you just reused your old mani; any regrets?
Thanks!

Thanks man. i used the same stock oil inlet line. just make sure you have the restrictor brass fitting so you dont blow the seals on the garrett. return line is stock too. i could've used the stock coolant inlet hose, but i opted to run stainless line with a banjo fitting. you may have to rotate the chra a few times to get everything to line up like you like it. but i remember my vw buddies tell me to keep the inlet & return oil lines to be as vertical as possible. stock water return line to block will not work and will have to be stainless line/brass fittings or whatever. yeah the eliminator pretty much bolts to your stock mani & 3 bolt down pipe. the mani is cool, bigger would def be better, more flow. but again i don't have the money to get everything in one swoop. so eventually i'll get a bigger mani.

i love banjo fittings for my water lines, made it easier for me!
http://www.audizine.com/gallery/data/500/4747banjo.jpg

dualaudi
02-19-2007, 11:08 PM
oh yeah front mount i got off used off a honda guy, it seems like a typical ebay core. i also got the pipes used from a guy on the 'zine. haha total cost of fmic & piping= 160.00.

You're kidding of course? i heard you couldn't get a nice FMIC for under $600 from this weird company called "kinectixthedots"

It looks like a mean machine! I can't wait for you to get the programming so i can go for a ride!!!

Thanks for the k04 left overs too...

AudiSport12
02-20-2007, 06:16 AM

did you have to trim much to fit it behind the S4 front? did you use that FMIC with you pc-16? what are the dimensions of it and piping size?

Don Supreme
02-20-2007, 08:14 AM
How did you make the FMIC bracket or better question is where did you get the materials?

creechsa4
02-20-2007, 08:37 AM
did you have to trim much to fit it behind the S4 front? did you use that FMIC with you pc-16? what are the dimensions of it and piping size?

not at all, my core is like 2 3/4 thick, didn't have to trim anything except for the middle brackets that hold the middle mesh, i'm not going to use the s4 middle mesh. actually i ran the pc 16 on the stock smic, it ran fine, i'm sure it would've been better with the fmic. dimensions are end to end 30 inches, 8 inch height, 2 3/4 width.

creechsa4
02-20-2007, 08:43 AM
How did you make the FMIC bracket or better question is where did you get the materials?

the fmic bracket i made from 2 inch elbow metal angle bar 1/8 inch thick. and some 1/4 inch X 1/2 inch bar. just fitted to the s4 bumper then i tack welded while on the car, then removed and finished the welds. i got it cheap from a metal supply in my favorite section.....remnant section...(leftover stuff).

oh yeah i've got a lincoln arc welder in the house. welded all my fabbed brackets, intercooler piping, bov piping, exhaust stuff, etc. i recommended an arc welder for all diy'ers, lincoln or miller is the way to go!