PDA

View Full Version : mid 14's

SurferForever
02-19-2007, 07:28 AM
So i know i should search but i tyoe 14 and other such things and didnt come up with much. I was just wondering what i need to do with keeping the stock turbo to get into the 14's. You can see my current mods in my sig and i will be putting on a test pipe as well as an n75 very soon. I want my car to be quick but dont really care for it to be super fast. i mean of course i want it to be super fast but i dont want things breaking every other day. thanks. Let me know. Thanks.

and yes i found this thread (http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55329&highlight=14%27s) but there is really not too much info in there

1 ate T
02-19-2007, 07:35 AM
With the right launch your current mods could get you close to a mid 14... Suspension would help...

94jedi
02-19-2007, 07:38 AM
There's alot of info in that thread you referenced. I would say exhaust, test pipe, and most importantly a good clutch. I went 15.4 w/ just a chip and a 710N(to replace a leaky 710A). After I put my TP on, I felt I could get 15.1x's easy. All that was with a dead clutch. W/ a good clutch, you can get a better 60ft time which equates to a better ET. Of course, good driving is a must.

Don't forget weight redux. you'll never make good power on a k03 no matter the bolt-ons. you need to ditch some weight to get you down the track faster.

nizmosx
02-19-2007, 08:31 AM
Also remove the spare tire when you run at the track and an extra pounds around your belly. ahahahah gym is teh best mod. just playing. But yea judging by your mods, a good test pipe and downpipe may get you there. If you opt to get some very light weight 17 inch rims that will be a good idea.

RAyala2.7T
02-19-2007, 09:08 AM
I removed the spare tire, ran 101/93 mix and with a good launch, ran 14.890 at 91.5mph. This was on the stock turbo, n75H, neuspeed exhaust, and BAR Tuning dual friction cluctch w/ lwfw. this was also done on heavy ass 18" TSW wheels at the time. IMO, the thing that will help the most when still on the stock turbo is a good clutch/lwfw combo. the quicker you can get out of the hole, the better your time will be.

there has also been someone that ran 14.4 with the stock turbo on here and not to forget Mike2ptZero who ran 14.2.

seank
02-19-2007, 09:12 AM
i also vote for a good clutch so you can launch the car well, and weight reduction, also lots of practice will help you.[up]

SurferForever
02-19-2007, 02:35 PM
Yeah, im pretty sure my clutch is not very good at the moment. I was on an extremely inclined hill the other day and stuck at a red light. When i went to go the stupid thing just spun and stunk . . . . Still good on flat land and everyday driving though