PDA

View Full Version : no headlights. wtf.

Ado
02-19-2007, 12:31 AM
Ok Friday night I got in my car it was late at night, when to turn on the head light and nothing. I tryed it again and nothing. After the forth time they when on. Same thing kept on happening through the night. I looked at the fuses and I didn’t see any that were blown and nothing seems to be out of place. I needed to mover the car out of my driveway tonight and same thing. No lights. WTF is going on. I’m I missing something or what? Its really pissing me off now. I hate this shit. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. [headbang]

A4_2.8tuner
02-19-2007, 12:33 AM
your switch could be going bad

Ado
02-19-2007, 12:39 AM
shit. thats what i was thinking too.

CaSp3r9
02-19-2007, 01:21 AM
Gotta love Audi electrical problems...

Ado
02-19-2007, 01:21 AM
could it be a relay switch??

AudiRacerS4
02-19-2007, 05:36 AM
its the headlight switch, happens all the time when they go bad. I had to keep turning it on and off to get them to work and then they finally stopped working

jrodmk2
02-19-2007, 06:24 AM
if the cabin is warmed up they should turn on no problem. i have the same problem i am a little lazy and no heated garage. they are about 140-150 new.
the connection could just be a little srewy too. i am going to clean mine before i actually replace i think.

my bad, did not look to see you were in cali.

yellowaudi24psi
02-19-2007, 06:32 AM
try checking the ignition switch... i had the same issue and that was the problem. there was a recall on that

SurferForever
02-19-2007, 06:45 AM
fuse maybe?

Ado
02-19-2007, 08:13 AM
i just had my ignition whitched my the local dealershit down the street. since there was a recall on that they did it all for free.
how much of a pain in the ass is it to replace the headlight switch?

Burntaudi
02-19-2007, 08:15 AM
Little bit of a pain. But not too bad the steering wheel needs to come off to get at it.

Ado
02-19-2007, 08:25 AM
^^^^ thanks. that was fast. lol

is there a diy on this.

Burntaudi
02-19-2007, 08:35 AM
This is for the ignition switch but it should help. http://www.audiworld.com/tech/elec91.shtml

Ado
02-19-2007, 08:42 AM
ohh yea. the ignition is in the same location. duh. i totaly forgot about that. cool thanks.

AudiTurrbo19
02-19-2007, 09:05 AM
I just replaced my headlight switch like three months ago and this is how you do it...things you will need long skinny #2 phillips head screw, and i think its like a t25 torks bit and you will also need a farely large socket to remove the steering wheel. Make sure you disconnect your battery before you take the steering wheel off because the air bag has to be disconnected and if you do this with out disconnecting the battery you will get an airbag light when you reconnect. I wasnt thinking and this happened to me...dont think its possible to clear with vagcom and its like 80 bucks for the dealer to do it so make sure. Ok so there will be two screws on the under side of the steering column take those out first. Now on the right side of the coloumn there is a screw at a diagonal that holds a collar which is holding the top plastic piece of the column in place. this one is a lil difficult to find if you dont know its there, once you get it out the top piece should come off from what i remember. I believe the air bag just pulls off and then behind it there is a plate that you have to remove to get to the steering wheel nut. Once the steering wheel is disconnected it just kinda hangs there or you can have a buddy hold it like i did so the wire doesnt get messed up. and after that i think you will know what to do. It doesnt take too long and its pretty easy if you like to do DIY's. If you have any questions ill be happy to answer them.[wrench]

AustinQuattro
02-19-2007, 09:09 AM
I saw the switch on Ebay for about $60 new...if you can trust it. Thought it might help to check there.