PDA

View Full Version : New Side Skirts! HELP!!!

SoFresh
02-17-2007, 02:38 PM
Okay guys, Ive painted side skirts before, but those had paint on them so i sanded them, etc. However, I have some new side skirts that were never painted, they are just plastic, so my questions is.... all I need to do is spray on a few coats of Dupli-color Adhesion Promoter, then the Dupli-color paint (radiant silver)... is this correct? Then possibly wetsand after a few coats of color, then a few coats of clear... then im done correct? I dont need any links to DIY pages, ive done it before a few times, just never with non-painted side skirts, I DO NOT need to scuff up or sand, is this corret? Thanks, I should be doing this tonight...

seank
02-17-2007, 02:58 PM
i would go with some sort of primer, unless that is what the adhesion promoter is, i have never used that. the rest of your process sounds good to me.

atlquattro
02-17-2007, 03:05 PM
they make primer for plastic. I used it on my pool heater pipes (primer grey then flat black). turn out good. check out home depot.

SoFresh
02-17-2007, 03:16 PM
Well Adhesion Promotor is a clear primer for bumpers and plastics, thats what it says on the back of the can, so I should be fine then with nor scuffing, sweet, then they're getting sprayed tonight [:D]

seank
02-18-2007, 08:24 AM
be sure to show us your results. btw what skirts did you get?

fred2ka4
02-18-2007, 09:01 AM
Before you do anything make sure the pieces are cleaned and that all the oils from your hands are removed so that the adhesion promoter will go on well. I would also still give the pieces a light sanding so that the adhesion promoter can get a good bite onto the plastic pieces.