PDA

View Full Version : My Tip propblems continue... still having problems!

Fistantari
02-16-2007, 06:11 AM
OK, so my tiptronic is still screwing up on me. For those of you that don't know here is my problem.

My car sometimes will not engage in reverse.
when tranny is not in limp mode :
1. my car loves to either downshift violently and randomly, or my car loves to upshift randomly (like 5th or 4th gear going 10mph etc.)
2. When my car is cold it shifts fairly normal, but once I reach operating temp I either get kicked into limp mode or my car does what's stated above.

So I did some researching and decided to replace the multi-function/neutral safety switch. Good ol audi dealership did it for me for 350 including parts and labor. Unfortunatley when I drove the car home it did the exact same thing.

I brought the car in with a CEL so I thought maybe I needed to clear it out first. So I cleared it, and still I have the same problem.

My CEL came back on, after vagging it these are my new codes.

P1624 - MIL Request Signal Active (Check TCM for errors too!)

P0732 - Gear 2 Incorrect Ratio (intermittent)

P0730 - Gear incorrect Ratio (Intermittent)

P0733 - Gear 3 Incorrect Ratio (intermittent)

P0734 - Gear 4 Incorrect Ratio (intermittent)

P0735 - Gear 5 Incorrect Ratio (intermittent)

I don't think it's a problem with the tranny, because it can shift fine (when it's not f'ing up) I do believe it's electrical somewhere.

So where do I go now? Multifunction switch is replaced with a brand new one by the dealer. Any ideas?

ProOnThaSnow
02-16-2007, 07:40 AM
Hmmm, it might be a long shot, but maybe the TCM? And you'd think they'd have checked the wiring to the transmission.

We once almost replaced my buddy's grandma's tranny in her impala because of shifting problems. When we jacked the car up, and I looked up, I could see a mouse nest. Some solder and heat shrink and about 30 minutes later, she never had a problem (the mice had chewed up some of the wires). My buddy wasn't very mechanically inclined, so he didn't know what to look for, and she just wanted it replaced, but was happy as hell when she found outshe didnt have to spend 1200 on another tranny.

audiness
02-16-2007, 03:30 PM
what did the dealer say when you had it in there?

Fistantari
02-16-2007, 04:04 PM
They told me that the problem is the shifter circuit board. I don't see how that would cause these fault codes or these symptoms. I could definitly be wrong but I feel like that's a little odd.

Anyone have any input on that?

quattro16
02-16-2007, 07:26 PM
Call up Shokan cause you need a new tranny.

Fistantari
02-17-2007, 09:00 AM
Call up Shokan cause you need a new tranny.

well, I doubt that. It's possible, but when I first start driving and my car is cold it shifts fine. I just feel like if it was the tranny I'd be having worse problems than this, and that it would be a little more consistant.

ProOnThaSnow
02-17-2007, 10:26 AM
it definitely sounds like an electrical issue of sorts...

Fistantari
02-17-2007, 01:56 PM
it definitely sounds like an electrical issue of sorts...

my thoughts exactly. I just don't know where to go from here. I've looked at my TCU, it's not taking on water, and looks fine.

I have no idea what this "shifter circuit board" is. I think they are talking about the board that is underneath the chrome piece on the shifter, but I'm not sure what that board actually does, nor do I think it would cause those fault codes. But I suppose I'm open to ideas.

If I can't figure out what's wrong, or if it's going to cost me a new tranny, then I think I might be done with the audi...

badboi24u
02-17-2007, 02:01 PM
wow lol my tranny did the same thing i replaced it and went back after it was replaced like 6 different times and then finanlly they said they found a wire that kept shorting out or something like that. so i feel your pain

badassbaldie
02-17-2007, 02:09 PM
wow lol my tranny did the same thing i replaced it and went back after it was replaced like 6 different times and then finanlly they said they found a wire that kept shorting out or something like that. so i feel your pain

That's why he should start simple and work his way toward replacing the tranny (last resort). You'd really be ticked if you spent alot of money only to find out that it was a simple problem. Sounds like you've already thrown $350 at it and the problem still exists...

Fistantari
02-17-2007, 04:18 PM
We can now add this fault code to the mix. I pulled it today when I vagged.

P0716 - Input Turbine/Speed Sensor Circ. Range/Performance

this is really starting to get annoying.

Fistantari
02-19-2007, 08:53 AM
bump for any ideas?