PDA

View Full Version : GT28RS software

seank
02-14-2007, 09:21 PM
Okay so the k03 is just about dead. i have almost everything to go k04 but i got a ride in a k04 car the other night and was really disappointed. So even though the A4 is my daily i'm looking at ATP's 28rs eliminator kit, if i can spend a bit more cash and have a realible 28rs putting down like 250 or so whp and will give me room for improvement if i want i will be much happier than with just a dead end pc-16 k04 setup. i hear the mika software sucks and i dont want stand alone, so i'm leaning towards Unitronic or an EPL custom chip. so anyone out there with a nDBW car let me know what you are running and how reliable and daily drivable it is, i'm def not looking for a maintenance whore. thanks in advance. btw car is a 99 1.8tqm

b00st
02-14-2007, 09:36 PM
go with the unitronics...contact RENN-ART. tell em kevin said to give you a call on some software for the 28RS.

sean1.8t
02-14-2007, 09:45 PM
^^ +1

no first hand experience, but from everything that i have read i would go with unitronics

TQMB5
02-14-2007, 10:37 PM
[:)] not that it cant be done, but with most BT setups, the dd reliability goes down. There are so many more things that are "customized" that can go wrong. It also depends alot on how much boost you would run on the streets. Why do you think you see all the BT guys on here so much which all the answers to the " help this broke" threads

SurferForever
02-14-2007, 10:46 PM
Yeah, that and not to mention your gas gauge just going down down down. MPG gets killed with bt setups

TQMB5
02-14-2007, 10:51 PM
surferforever, get a life, you have 11 post in a row

sean1.8t
02-14-2007, 11:52 PM
Yeah, that and not to mention your gas gauge just going down down down. MPG gets killed with bt setups

on the contrary the MPG for a BT setup is actually higher than for your average ko3 or ko4 car.. you spend less time in boost on a BT setup which means that you consume less fuel

Eurotuned_A4
02-15-2007, 12:57 AM
[:)] not that it cant be done, but with most BT setups, the dd reliability goes down. There are so many more things that are "customized" that can go wrong. It also depends alot on how much boost you would run on the streets. Why do you think you see all the BT guys on here so much which all the answers to the " help this broke" threads

my car is my daily driver and the reliability hasnt gone down. i think the thread you are talking about, are for more custom BT upgrades. the elim kit isnt that custom. you can buy the whole kit and put it in without any custom fabircation. its really just a plug and play with a few fitment problems, but its no different from a KO4 except for size.

but to answer your queston seank, i run the gt2871 elim with unitronics software @ 19psi. im a nDBW so this should help you out.

94jedi
02-15-2007, 04:12 AM
on the contrary the MPG for a BT setup is actually higher than for your average ko3 or ko4 car.. you spend less time in boost on a BT setup which means that you consume less fuel

exactly. my MPG went way up after my BT install.

Try calling Chris Tapp of Tapp auto. he tunes n-dbw GTRS elims kits. He has 1 car running near mid 12's on that turbo. his website is tappauto.com. Give him a shout.

Don Supreme
02-15-2007, 05:22 AM
My rule is:

If you make power then you are going to break things.

First thing is you're probably going to blow off a hose or two running high boost....

seank
02-15-2007, 06:39 AM
well if you guys would have read my original post you would have seen that i'm not looking for crazy hp or a custom BT setup, just 250whp or so, that should be easily attainable and well within the 28RS efficiency rather than on the fringe with a k04 pc-16 setup making less power. thank you those of you that had a good response, i'm not looking for opinions about bt setups if you have no experience with them or if your only knowledge is from reading posts on here. I want info from guys that are daily driving these setups without problems and see what they have. Eurotuned_A4 what injectors did you go with 440's or larger? Do you have any cold start, idle, or any other problems, also any idea on how much power you are making?

UN-PIMP-Z-A4
02-15-2007, 08:45 AM
Aaargh......

It's a GTRS or a GT28RS; its one or the other...
The first is the eliminator and the the other is tagged the Disco potato....
It just urks me seeing people talk like there one in the same.

***Going back to read the entire post***

Eurotuned_A4
02-15-2007, 09:10 AM
im running green top 440cc injectors. the injectors dont have an ideal spray pattern, so the start up isnt smooth when its cold. because of this, some people with similar set ups switch to 415cc injectors. do a search and you should find some info on them.

arif, who is a nDBW gt2871r elim powered car dynoed at almost 300whp at 23 psi. im running 19psi, but i shouldnt be to far from that.

UN-PIMP-Z-A4
02-15-2007, 09:13 AM
well if you guys would have read my original post you would have seen that i'm not looking for crazy hp or a custom BT setup, just 250whp or so, that should be easily attainable and well within the 28RS efficiency rather than on the fringe with a k04 pc-16 setup making less power. thank you those of you that had a good response, i'm not looking for opinions about bt setups if you have no experience with them or if your only knowledge is from reading posts on here. I want info from guys that are daily driving these setups without problems and see what they have. Eurotuned_A4 what injectors did you go with 440's or larger? Do you have any cold start, idle, or any other problems, also any idea on how much power you are making?

What a way to spit in the wind when members are trying to lead you in the right direction...

If you wanted reviews there is a thread about BT reviews and has each members setup.

Maybe searching would have yeild a better answer.

Change your attitude as these guys were trying to help you.

(I can obviously see you don't know what your getting into... If you did you wouldn't ask what injectors did EUROTUNED_A4 went with and would have known that software dictates what injectors you use... This isn't swap meat and throw anyparts on your car and think it's going to run right...) [rolleyes]

b00st
02-15-2007, 09:43 AM
i would go with the USRT Genesis 415cc...which has factory correct dual spray cone pattern if your going with an elim setup.

seank
02-15-2007, 09:49 AM
my mistake on the GTRS vs. 28RS but the fact is i posted and asked what software people are running and how reliable their car is, no where did i ask for anyone's opinion that doesn't have a bt setup and what they thought about daily driving a bt car. I have searched and have come across various setups, the major goal of this post was infact to see who's car is running and acting as close to stock as possible and what software/injector setup they are running. once again thanks for people that are actually posting useful info.

b00st
02-15-2007, 10:00 AM
how reliable is any turbo car really. stock or not...they run into issues. of course when you mod your car and you ask for 200% more out of the engine...its gonna go down...you could have more issues...you have less...and that really depends on how well kept your car is. i thought my was in pretty damn good shape until i had it taken in for unknown problem...i walked out with a 3000 repair bill. so reliablity will be something you have to deal with regardless. obviously tested R&D kits will stand up a little better (APR, PES, K04)....ATP ELIM w/ SW of your choosing is a little less. but at the same time everyone in this post knows something....so i wouldn't be knocking or saying who should post since your asking for the help.

b00st
02-15-2007, 10:05 AM
again ask for EMIL at RENN-ART...he won't be there...but tell him Kevin said to give you call about some software for an ELIM kit. or call CTAPP. prolly your 2 best choices there.

UN-PIMP-Z-A4
02-15-2007, 11:40 AM
how reliable is any turbo car really. stock or not...they run into issues. of course when you mod your car and you ask for 200% more out of the engine...its gonna go down...you could have more issues...you have less...and that really depends on how well kept your car is. i thought my was in pretty damn good shape until i had it taken in for unknown problem...i walked out with a 3000 repair bill. so reliablity will be something you have to deal with regardless. obviously tested R&D kits will stand up a little better (APR, PES, K04)....ATP ELIM w/ SW of your choosing is a little less. but at the same time everyone in this post knows something....so i wouldn't be knocking or saying who should post since your asking for the help.

Very well put.. Thank you...

Poopie
02-15-2007, 11:49 AM
I'll let you know how my car ends up. Waiting for the fed ex man for my ctapp ecu.

seank
02-15-2007, 11:50 AM
i know all these things already, yes modifying a car can decrease reliability, and your car is only as reliable as what you put into it. these are not my problems, all maintenance and i mean all has been done on my car minus the turbo, hence why i'm looking at this route. i know all about renn art and that Unitronic is supposed to be good. More or less i'm just looking for first hand accounts about how people with Unitronic or any other nDBW software cars are running and acting, meaning are they capable of being civil or not. i didn't think it would be so hard to come by people with experience.

BJC
02-15-2007, 11:55 AM
im running green top 440cc injectors. the injectors dont have an ideal spray pattern, so the start up isnt smooth when its cold. because of this, some people with similar set ups switch to 415cc injectors. do a search and you should find some info on them.

arif, who is a nDBW gt2871r elim powered car dynoed at almost 300whp at 23 psi. im running 19psi, but i shouldnt be to far from that.

Throw on a set of 550s. 630cc injectors is what the program should have been tuned on. But uni maxes out the 440's. Green tops have the absolute worst spray pattern to begin with. Search around youtube and you fill see what im talkng about.

b00st
02-15-2007, 12:22 PM
i know all these things already, yes modifying a car can decrease reliability, and your car is only as reliable as what you put into it. these are not my problems, all maintenance and i mean all has been done on my car minus the turbo, hence why i'm looking at this route. i know all about renn art and that Unitronic is supposed to be good. More or less i'm just looking for first hand accounts about how people with Unitronic or any other nDBW software cars are running and acting, meaning are they capable of being civil or not. i didn't think it would be so hard to come by people with experience.

there is a billion people on here with experience. RENN-ART is just down the street from me...I've been in EMILs car with UNIs first tune....car ran fine....no idle issues, no nothing really, and that was just the initial public tune. Which wasn't maxing out the ELIM by any means....then his ride with the new tune is a whole other animal. Its has driven nice...even in our cold weather (20degrees). Been in a bunch of ATP kits. FULL GT28RS or ELIMs. I haven't experienced any bad idles, misfires, cold starts are fine, driving normal is as smooth as can be.
i've also done PES and APR...and those seem to run good. but no matter what kit...they will stumble eventually.

seank
02-15-2007, 12:27 PM
THANK YOU! that is what i'm wanting to hear.[up]

bOOOOstedAudi
02-15-2007, 12:43 PM
mikas tune is great if your hate your car and i guess i hated mine

b00st
02-15-2007, 12:44 PM
that is a true statement ^

and i believe we told you that IIRC.

bOOOOstedAudi
02-15-2007, 12:55 PM
that is a true statement ^

and i believe we told you that IIRC.

And I believe you are absolutely correct and I was being hard headed.

mike-2ptzero
02-15-2007, 02:21 PM

Seems someone hasn't owned a BT setup yet or spends all of their time at WOT with it. Even my 500+whp gets 30+mpg on the fwy while staying out of boost at a set speed.

b00st
02-15-2007, 03:57 PM
i only get 22mpg on the highway...and really for city i get about 22 as well. i never crack over 310-320 mile per tank. before my injectors i was at 410 miles per tank.

i believe my brother gets pretty much the same on his B6 and he has GIAC BI File w/FMIC. but not me, mine dropped 100 mile with PC16 file and bigger injectors. but i dont really care.