PDA

View Full Version : just wrecked the car

sean1.8t
02-14-2007, 07:33 PM
ok well not completely but i came really close. im really hoping that this is my "B5 curse wreck" and there will be no others. i was heading home from work tonight down a really tight canyon and i was coming around a blind corner, not completely paying attention like i probably should have been, and "OH SHIT!" three huge rocks lined up across my lane and cars coming the other direction so i couldn't swerve.. usually there are small rocks on the road that i just kinda "thread the needle"(so to speak) with them, but these things were too big. i missed two but couldn't avoid the other one and BAM!!! thud thud thud.. bent rim, and luckily only bent rim.. luckily there my buddy rocky has an extra rim i can buy for cheap [:)]

the worst part was that two other people had hit the rocks before me but none of them did anything to prevent others from hitting them. so i grabbed my flashlight and ran up the road and threw them off to the side while they just sat there and looked stupid.. problem might have been averted if there weren't so many stupid people in the world

here's the visual aids

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l66/groovysean/badstuff002.jpg
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l66/groovysean/badstuff003.jpg

first time on the spare in 75k
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l66/groovysean/badstuff001.jpg
needs a little air i think

tonggi
02-14-2007, 07:37 PM
holy crap, good thing its just a bent wheel man!

MultiAudis
02-14-2007, 07:38 PM
yeah you really lucked out!! at least you are ok, and it is just a wheel!

BranCKY3
02-14-2007, 07:40 PM
It could have been your oil pan if it wasn't your wheel, just look at it that way!

sean1.8t
02-14-2007, 07:47 PM
It could have been your oil pan if it wasn't your wheel, just look at it that way!

ya i saw the size of them i and knew they wouldn't fit under the car so i slammed the breaks and made sure that the one i did hit was under the tire..

damnthemansam
02-14-2007, 07:51 PM
haha the title of this thread is a little misleading.. sucks bro

Poopie
02-14-2007, 09:18 PM
sucks man! damn that rock must have been huge to not budge and to leave a mark like that!

Ado
02-14-2007, 09:26 PM
thats suks. sorry to hear about your rim but i'm glad that your ok.

sean1.8t
02-14-2007, 09:26 PM
sucks man! damn that rock must have been huge to not budge and to leave a mark like that!

yeah, i am completely baffled on how i hit this boulder with the inner part of my front rim and nothing else got damaged [confused]

i jacked it up and looked everywhere underneath the car and can't find anything out of place

everything was just such a blurr i can hardly remember it now

SurferForever
02-14-2007, 09:46 PM
Dam son, what a bend . . . if you bring that to a rim shop they can fix that. happen to my mom like 5 times cause she cant drive. Last time though the actually cracked the rim hardcore

AUD-A4
02-15-2007, 06:18 AM
she's telling you she doesn't want to be sold sean!!!glad to hear your ok

ProOnThaSnow
02-15-2007, 07:16 AM
That Damn B5 curse... I've already experienced mine, and trust me, it was about $2200 worse than that. Consider yourself lucky thats all that happened, an I'm glad everyone is OK. Hopefully one of those other retards that just stood there after their cars hit it has worse damage than you do! Bastards.

onemoremile
02-15-2007, 09:41 AM
Great save. You might be needing a new wheel bearing soon but that is still minimal compared to what could have happened.

Nice job helping out. Someone has to save the lemmings.