PDA

View Full Version : Just posted car for sale... :(

Quattrocket
02-13-2007, 08:47 PM
Well, mostly as a feeler to see what I can get for it, but still sad cuz it might sell. S4s are coming down in price up here finally and its beginning to get a little too irresistable for me. [=(]

sean1.8t
02-13-2007, 08:52 PM
mine is also in the classifieds [:(]

good luck with your sale

but you should post up a link for people

CaSp3r9
02-13-2007, 09:04 PM
Traitor! Viva los A4's!

minira
02-13-2007, 10:56 PM
damn, good luck with the sale. it is tempting though...

Ado
02-13-2007, 11:04 PM
i want to see mine too and get another b5.

Quattrocket
02-13-2007, 11:13 PM
I kinda hope no one wants it

Cosmic Fur
02-13-2007, 11:30 PM
Dude! You're going up to an S4! That's an a4 with a TT V6! How the fuck can you be sad about that?

DRA4
02-13-2007, 11:31 PM
just get the s4, i regret not buying my brother stage 2+ s4 every damn day.

Quattrocket
02-13-2007, 11:49 PM
Dude! You're going up to an S4! That's an a4 with a TT V6! How the fuck can you be sad about that?

TT V6 + 2 turbos! Im sad cuz I love my car a lot. I had it for 3 years and still love it. probobly more than when I first bought it.

94jedi
02-14-2007, 06:03 AM
let me offer the other perspective just for grins-

s4's are more expensive to insure, get worse gas mileage, usually have more problems, are twice as hard to work on yourself and when something goes, it's more expensive to fix than your a4.

Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE an S4 but right now my car is almost as fast as stg 2 S4. once I get my current setup dialed in properly, it'll be faster. In a few months or so, my car will be as fast if not faster than stg 3 s4's. Of course, I won't have the nice power band or the nice interior (I have sport cloth) or even the S badge but I'll be happy to miss all of that in exchange for 350+ miles to a tank of gas.

Just looking at things from the other side, I'm certainly not debating which car is better. Like I said, I'd love a b5 s4.

AudiTurrbo19
02-14-2007, 08:11 AM
I thought i might add that when you wanna upgrade the s4 you gotta buy two of everything=twice the amount of dough you gotta save

JumboBlack1.8
02-14-2007, 09:30 AM
A4 all the way......The a4 is more of a sleeper car....Keep it....make it faster

maxspeed
02-14-2007, 09:39 AM
twin turbo... double trouble.

UN-PIMP-Z-A4
02-14-2007, 09:57 AM
all you need is a bigger turbo than the ko4

Eurotuned_A4
02-14-2007, 10:11 AM
i wish i could get an S4, but i would also keep my A4. i know A4s can be faster, but it can be done a lot easier on the S4.

Quattrocket
02-14-2007, 10:46 AM
let me offer the other perspective just for grins-

s4's are more expensive to insure, get worse gas mileage, usually have more problems, are twice as hard to work on yourself and when something goes, it's more expensive to fix than your a4.

Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE an S4 but right now my car is almost as fast as stg 2 S4. once I get my current setup dialed in properly, it'll be faster. In a few months or so, my car will be as fast if not faster than stg 3 s4's. Of course, I won't have the nice power band or the nice interior (I have sport cloth) or even the S badge but I'll be happy to miss all of that in exchange for 350+ miles to a tank of gas.

Just looking at things from the other side, I'm certainly not debating which car is better. Like I said, I'd love a b5 s4.

Actually as far as insurance goes its $10 more/month for me, currently I get 400 kms to a tank (shitty) and as far as upgrades to the S4 they would consist of a chip, Drivetrain upgrades, and bodywork. I like the idea of the low end power and better power curve, plus with an exhaust they sound like pure sex. To make the A4 what I want it to be its gonna cost me an arm and a leg and prob will never get any body work done.
Besides I dont think its gonna sell anyways.

a4cefed
02-14-2007, 10:48 AM
mine might be joining your car on the for sale listt very soon :(

nizmosx
02-14-2007, 11:04 AM

When he finds out the turbos are going bad on the s4 and he needs to drop 5g's for k04's because its not worth replacing the stock turbos with other stock ones. =)

jcs4
02-14-2007, 11:20 AM
Believe it or not I drive my A4 90% of the time as my S4 always has some issue with the car. Just remeber to find one with low mileage or great maintenance history and some kind of warranty. They are great cars when there running properly.

TQMB5
02-14-2007, 11:52 AM
post pics of the Turbo widebody M3! sounds like pure sex

jcs4
02-14-2007, 12:35 PM
See my gallery...only one pic from HIN in Chicago. Car is at the body shop again getting things done ;)

recognize408
02-14-2007, 01:47 PM
http://www.audizine.com/gallery/data/500/4744widebody-med.jpg

Thats way to much of a tease, i wanna see more. sorry about the thread jack.

MultiAudis
02-14-2007, 02:07 PM
Thats way to much of a tease, i wanna see more. sorry about the thread jack.

agreed. need more pics stat!!!

b00st
02-14-2007, 02:27 PM
i'm keeping mine. its never going for sale.

i'm currently looking for B6 S4s. something NA...i want one worry free car under warranty at that...if i did a B5 S4....obviously i would have to mod it....temptation would get the best of me.

we all know turbo cars have problems regardless of mods or not....they are just picky PITAs. so i'ma roll with the V8 S4...and drop RNS-E in it and call it the day. maybe COs/rims/DPs/Exhaust...but thats later.

B5 A4 is getting some interior treatment.
with all the recent microsuede interiors...i have decided to join this venture...since my A4 just sits all day. I can take it apart all I want now. Then will come the turbo kit....TBA later.
oh and now i'm putting in my stereo...its a complete phoenix gold setup down to wiring and distrib blocks.....i'll only drop 1 of my 10s in there though to keep weight down so i'm working on that. this site has some more color choices that resemble the interior.

http://www.fashionfabricsclub.com/catalog_items.aspx?TypID=7&Viewby=Types&Page=1

that place A4ROB used is out of black...and since he used black...i'ma going with the Steel Gray or Gray Satin....but most like Steel Gray and use some combo on the stereo setup. Black/Grey. but the A4 has now become a toy and not a daily driver....so its time to take it apart.

AudiRacerS4
02-14-2007, 05:06 PM
good luck replacing your turbos when you get the S4 and chip it...check out the S4 forum and see how many problem the stock k03's have. I blew my k03's 2 weeks after I got my GIAC X chip

Nor_Cal_Driver
02-14-2007, 05:49 PM
My good friend had a B5 S4 and I drove it a lot and it is fun and the exhaust is sex but A4 Sport has less understeer and way easier to work on.

AudiRacerS4
02-14-2007, 08:02 PM
just picture double the trouble, double the work, and double the money...dont get me wrong I love my S4 but man it has had so many problems and it only has 82,xxx on it. And I thought my A4 was unreliable. But the power of the S4 is ohhhh so fun ;)

Militant-Grunt
02-14-2007, 08:29 PM
TT V6 + 2 turbos! Im sad cuz I love my car a lot. I had it for 3 years and still love it. probobly more than when I first bought it.

+ an unreliable engine, maintenance costs multiplied by two. Yeah its tempting a friend of mine at school 250whp S4, fast? Yes? But I dont want the headache of high costs until I have a better job/ when I dont have to worry about school.

sean1.8t
02-14-2007, 08:35 PM
TT V6 + 2 turbos!

HAHA, what do you think the "TT" stands for [:p]

and yes, any B5 S4 that you buy now will blow it's ko3's soon. but that just means stg 3 later.. which is OH SO FUN!!

Quattrocket
02-15-2007, 12:10 AM
Wow, alot of guys seem to hate on S4s. i remember seeing that car in a mag when I was in High school and said to myself, "one day I will own that car."
And damn it Ima get it. i love my A4 and if no one buys it then ill keep her and be happy. You guys are scaring me.

Eurotuned_A4
02-15-2007, 12:50 AM
i love the S4. i dont know why all these guys complain about price and reliability. if that was a big problem they would drive camrys instead fo there A4s since these arent the cheapest cars to fix....every car is gonna have its problems.

the way i see it, if people complain about double the parts and price for the S4, and the RS4 is a beefed up version of that. does that mean they wouldnt own an RS4 and keep the A4 instead because it requires less work/money to fix and is more reliable? even if the RS4 is rare....to me, thats what they are saying with how they justify not to get an S4.

i dont see how some of you guys say dont get the S4....no matter what at least it has the "S" which means a tt V6. plus, does the price of repairs really matter if you are an enthusiasts? if its something you want, and something you will enjoy i dont say get the dman car. dont let us stop you!!

AudiRacerS4
02-15-2007, 06:01 AM
no its just the stock k03's in the S4 are completly unreliable and they ALWays blow up and 10-13k for stg3 is not in alot of people price range. If your going to get an S4 look for one that is already stg3 it will save you alot of time, money, and headaches. I regret not buying a stg3 everyday it was only 5k more than I paid for my stock 2000 S4