PDA

View Full Version : Goodies are in =)

Poopie
02-13-2007, 11:52 AM
gt2871r turbo
3in inlet
Southbend OFE SS stage 4 clutch

came in today. I'm gonna install the turbo and stuff, but my ecu is held up in canada =( should be here tomarrow so all i have to do is pop that in. Clutch will go in soon. I'll have to be easy on it. Maybe it will hold up? Who knows. hahaha

UN-PIMP-Z-A4
02-13-2007, 12:04 PM
do urself the favor and go easy on the clutch and dont rip on it at exactly 500 miles

Don Supreme
02-13-2007, 12:07 PM
indeed

SurferForever
02-13-2007, 12:10 PM
do yourself annother favor and give me your turbo . . . please. i said please so you have to do it now

onemoremile
02-13-2007, 12:12 PM
I have the same clutch and broke it in over one week. Just normal commuting plus the long way home every day. I did a track day at about 420 miles and it has been holding strong ever since. I can't remember exactly when it was installed but it has to have at least 20k miles on it. It was two years ago.

UN-PIMP-Z-A4
02-13-2007, 12:22 PM
When it stops being "grabby" upon take off then it has been broken in...
You will see what I'm talking about once you drive your car...

Please note
Just because it doesn't feel "Grabby" after break in, that doesnt mean that it can't hold the torque or the clutch is going...

pipe7284
02-13-2007, 12:26 PM
cant wait to get my gt2871r kit.
congrats, cant wait to see a vid or some numbers.

Poopie
02-13-2007, 11:25 PM
Install so far is pissing me off. Lol. i thought this would be a true bolt on kit, in a sense it is, but you have to mod some stock parts to get it to fit. I wish ATP would have just included a steal braided oil return line to save us the trouble of heating, bending, and extending the stock line. ATP's instructions are shit. Pictures don't match up and instructions are so vague.

I have the turbo in, all the oil and coolant lines hooked up. Now I just have to set up the intake, put injectors on, and throw in the ecu. I got a gnarly burn too which slowed me down. I heated up the oil return line to bend it, and like 2 minutes later I grabbed when i was rushing and BAM instant blister.

Any one have any tips on how to set up the intake? and 3in inlet?

sushi_turbo
02-14-2007, 12:48 AM
So what are you going to do with the K04-15?

pipe7284
02-14-2007, 03:50 AM
^^^^sell it to me!!!!!!!!!

j/k!!!!!!

SeanF
02-14-2007, 05:28 AM
he sold it already as far as i know?

94jedi
02-14-2007, 05:51 AM
Install so far is pissing me off. Lol. i thought this would be a true bolt on kit, in a sense it is, but you have to mod some stock parts to get it to fit. I wish ATP would have just included a steal braided oil return line to save us the trouble of heating, bending, and extending the stock line. ATP's instructions are shit. Pictures don't match up and instructions are so vague.

I have the turbo in, all the oil and coolant lines hooked up. Now I just have to set up the intake, put injectors on, and throw in the ecu. I got a gnarly burn too which slowed me down. I heated up the oil return line to bend it, and like 2 minutes later I grabbed when i was rushing and BAM instant blister.

Any one have any tips on how to set up the intake? and 3in inlet?
Welcome to dealing with ATP. That's just the price you have to pay bro. From now on just assume the fit and finish of anything from ATP will suck and then you can be pleasantly surprised when you get the rare case that something doesn't suck. I have to warn you, I've heard bad things about the fit of the 3" inlet. I've heard it doesn't quite fit with the headlight. you might want to get the dremel out lol.

On a side note, I must say I'm pretty impressed with the times people are running on the 71R elim. BranCKY should be running 12's this season. not to shabby.

Poopie
02-14-2007, 07:05 AM
yep th 3in inlet is sucking hardcore. The dv fitting won't even work. I have to run out to buy some tubing . That is the last thing to install. Injectors were the only thing that went smooth. Ctapp ecu is held up by the snow! EFF YOU WEATHER. I ordered early morning delivery and it seems like it won't get here till 5. Time to start drinking. I need to find a stubby 4in ID cone filter too.
time to go back to work.

94jedi
02-14-2007, 07:12 AM
when I get home, I'll get you the part # for my stubby K&N cone filter. It's a tight fit but it works very well.

Poopie
02-14-2007, 07:24 AM
thanks man i appreciate it. I was trying to find one off kn website but its so hard.

does anyone have a pic of how they set up ther 3in inlet?

TomRitt18944
02-14-2007, 07:47 AM
yesss sounds like good progress, I'll hafta check it out over spring break!

maxspeed
02-14-2007, 09:30 AM
holy shit, tomritt havent seen you on here in a while, whats up

poopie: im jealous.

Poopie
02-14-2007, 09:35 AM
ok i can get the dv to hook up. WHAT THE HELL DO I DO WITH THE PCV VALVE?
There is no way it will hook up to nipple on the inlet. Can I just plug it and let the pcv run off onto the ground?

bassed
02-14-2007, 09:40 AM
ok i can get the dv to hook up. WHAT THE HELL DO I DO WITH THE PCV VALVE?
There is no way it will hook up to nipple on the inlet. Can I just plug it and let the pcv run off onto the ground?

Either gut the PCV and do a Catch Can or like you said staright dump to ground.

onemoremile
02-14-2007, 10:09 AM
You could install a catch can and run a line from it to the nipple. That would keep everything contained and be a nice improvement to the stock system.

Eurotuned_A4
02-14-2007, 10:16 AM

i feel your pain

TQMB5
02-14-2007, 12:29 PM
just curious why are so many BT guys installing your clutch during or after the turbo install, wouldnt you want to break it in on a less tempting setup. Now you have to wait 1000 miles to rip on it and start the tweaking

b00st
02-14-2007, 02:39 PM
just curious why are so many BT guys installing your clutch during or after the turbo install, wouldnt you want to break it in on a less tempting setup. Now you have to wait 1000 miles to rip on it and start the tweaking

i agree which is why i'll be doing mine shortly before i order up the turbo kit.

Dietbudda
02-14-2007, 04:25 PM
Poopie, give me a call and if you're still stuck i can swing by and let you use my car for a reference.sally.

01'A41.8T
02-14-2007, 04:29 PM
Forget a catch can, I run straight to the ground. Did you buy the 3in inlet or are you going totally custom? ohh and think GT4094R

01'A41.8T
02-14-2007, 04:34 PM
If you did buy the 3" take the siver elbow, attach the rubber bend, then maf, then filter. I have a full size k&n on mine. You can just hang on to the other piece they give you, no need for it [wrench]

Poopie
02-14-2007, 06:03 PM
i wanna have my turbo off because I'm not sure about when the buyer is gonna pick it up because he is coming out of state so me and kevin and help him install it.

A place to install a clutch is not easy to find. I usually have access to a lift at a penndot or a township service facility, but they are packed this time of year with trucks.

Install went better this morning. After some head scratching and a hacksaw, i found a way to get the pcv valve to fit better. I'm just gonna get ri of it once I find a plug for it on the inlet. I hate that thing. I didn't get my ECU today cause of you now I will polute you with oil vapor! Just got hom from working at my aunts resturant so I'm gonna get under my car, organize my tools and clean up some stuff. Pics to come and i'll throw together some helpful hints for future installers

special thanks to my homies kevin (dietbuda) for the oil line help, craig (baconbait) for the inlet help and others that posted helpful suggestions.

Poopie
02-15-2007, 11:52 AM
I'm absolutely hating fedex right now. I FUCKING PAID FOR OVERNIGHT MORNING DELIEVERY ON MONDAY AND ITS STILL NOT HERE. Apparently there was an attempted delivery but i don't buy it. I called and bitched and hopefully the driver has some time to circle back. Absolutely rediculous.

Nor_Cal_Driver
02-15-2007, 03:11 PM

Come on don't say 1000 miles, I'm at 325 on my new Southbend and it sucks waiting for this ish. I have already had to let so many good ones go. [wrench] [drive] [race]

b00st
02-15-2007, 03:31 PM
i spoke to the owner of southbend and he told me 1000 miles too...but i guess do as you feel...i know onemoremile said he let it go at 420 miles....i wouldn't but thats me. owner told me 1000...so i would wait....but thats just me.

Poopie
02-15-2007, 04:23 PM
Install done! two words....maybe three...

UNFUCKING BELIEVABLE. SO MUCH POWER! Boost right up to 24 psi and off your go till redline. its got so much power. Ya know what? Stock clutch still held a 3rd gear pull till redline. Launching is a no go till clutch is in though.

01'A41.8T
02-15-2007, 05:33 PM

UNFUCKING BELIEVABLE. SO MUCH POWER! Boost right up to 24 psi and off your go till redline. its got so much power. Ya know what? Stock clutch still held a 3rd gear pull till redline. Launching is a no go till clutch is in though.

haha sick! I love getting back in the A4 from the R, so much power! [race]

94jedi
02-15-2007, 05:39 PM

so this is with CTapp's file??? Awesome isn't it??!??!?![hail]

SirDaft1
02-15-2007, 05:41 PM
how much did you piece the entire kit together for?

pipe7284
02-15-2007, 06:09 PM
I WANT MINE NOW!!!!!!!!!! i am very jelouse of you and everybody who has BT.

Poopie
02-15-2007, 06:17 PM
cost out of pocket with the turbo, fueling, misc, and clutch was about 4 grand. if you don't have a FMIC tack another grand to that. Seriously, best money invested. I can't wait to get my clutch in.

The Ctapp file feels so strong and aggressive compared to unitronics from what i remember from kevins and nicks car. Its like how people compare apr and giac. Both put out good power, but you can feel the aggressiveness of the ctapp. I need to drive kevins car to compare though, cause last time it was misfiring badly.

So far i'm very happy with the set up. I need to run some logs tonight before I put some more miles on it. I need to make sure i'm not lean. I have my adjustable set to 44psi. We'll see how we look on the top of the rpm cause the power there is awesome. I think the idle may need work, it kinda seems up and down but i think it can be related to the 4in maf. but I MAY have a vac leak.

01'A41.8T
02-15-2007, 07:07 PM
cost out of pocket with the turbo, fueling, misc, and clutch was about 4 grand. if you don't have a FMIC tack another grand to that. Seriously, best money invested. I can't wait to get my clutch in.

The Ctapp file feels so strong and aggressive compared to unitronics from what i remember from kevins and nicks car. Its like how people compare apr and giac. Both put out good power, but you can feel the aggressiveness of the ctapp. I need to drive kevins car to compare though, cause last time it was misfiring badly.

So far i'm very happy with the set up. I need to run some logs tonight before I put some more miles on it. I need to make sure i'm not lean. I have my adjustable set to 44psi. We'll see how we look on the top of the rpm cause the power there is awesome. I think the idle may need work, it kinda seems up and down but i think it can be related to the 4in maf. but I MAY have a vac leak.

lol and the last time you were in my car was with the first tune, a few days after install [cool]

BranCKY3
02-15-2007, 07:20 PM
Hmmm... my return line fit 100% fine, other than the fact I had to pull the turbo out after firing it up for the first time since the nuts weren't tight on the line. Anyway, after that I managed to strip the bottom hole on the oil pan, but I tapped it and all is well. The inlet from ATP is a piece of shit, definately very hard to fit and the DV is hard to route. I plan to either make a new intake or at least change mine so it has a catch can instead of that POS metal thing ATP uses in the inlet.

Poopie what injectors are you using? My idle was bouncy with my greentops, sounded like I had cams or something... Running delphi 440's now and it's very smooth.

Oh and don't plan on that stock clutch holding for long... mine did for 1 week then I got anxious and started launching [:)] Make sure you take all your stock clutches life away before you install the new one, you need to have some fun before the break in period.

And make sure you take it to the track when it opens! I'm going April 14th, shooting for a 12.6 but we'll see what happens.

94jedi
02-15-2007, 07:30 PM
poopie, it may take some time for your car to work itself into a groove. The idle will eventually settle. It's of course going to idle a bit higher than stock. Maf placement is super important and a tiny leak will cause issues. make sure it's all on the up and up. Also are you running 6e's or 7e's? My car runs better w/ 6e's in the winter. Most people will tell you to run the 6e's in the winter. I think your file calls for setting the FPR at 3 bar. is that what CTapp said?

Poopie
02-15-2007, 09:58 PM
ctapp said to run mine at 3 bar. I'm slightly higher. Maybe abou 46-47 psi (3.2 bar) but it runs real good there. I did some logs and I never dipped below .85 volts on block 31 lambda.

I'm running the siemens 630cc injectors and the idle is a bit bouncy. hopefully things will settle out. Stock clutch is still holding over after some rounds of hard driving. I had to park for the night because the cops out out looking for me. They always seem to be posted in various spots near my house after some logging.

I had no problems with the dv. I just used some hose from the local hardware store to connect the large nipple to the one on the end of the dv hose going into the stock inlet. The hardest part was definantly setting up the PCV. I had to cut my stock metal tube and and tubing to get it to fit. It took me quite a bit of head scratching but once i saw what i needed to do i was fine. Does anyone know where i can get some really soft hoses? the hardware store shit is so hard

I did two caps times logs. One was 3.99 at a slight downhill, and 4.45 on a slight uphill going the other way. average is bout 4.23. I should submit a caps time. I'll post up both logs as well. Everything seems to running awesome exept for my misfires on the top end. i'm pretty sure they are plugs. I'm gonna try the bkr7es and see how they go. I'm running the 6's gapped to .024 and they miss up top a bit. The car feels very strong though. I don't think my clutch is gonna last a few more 3rd gear pulls for logging. Its not slipping yet, but shifting hard into 4th is making me slip. I'm actually pretty impressed with the stock clutch. Its only have 70k miles on it and babied its entire life.

bitterchild
02-15-2007, 10:05 PM
glad you're happy w/ the clutch

01'A41.8T
02-15-2007, 10:18 PM
"slightly" downhill [:p]

Poopie
02-15-2007, 10:23 PM
haha it balanced out. I went back and ran one the other way to see how slight it was. hahaha.

tony, the clutch isn't even in yet! haha its sitting in my room waiting for lift to install it. This is one installation i'm not gonna do on jackstands.

Eurotuned_A4
02-15-2007, 11:51 PM
nice man. i want more on the comparison between the ctapp file and unitronics. ctapp has done some pretty incredible stuff, and i dont doubt his skill. my unitronics isnt bad, but i wonder what tuning makes more power and etc.....

94jedi
02-16-2007, 05:46 AM
ctapp said to run mine at 3 bar. I'm slightly higher. Maybe abou 46-47 psi (3.2 bar) but it runs real good there. I did some logs and I never dipped below .85 volts on block 31 lambda.

I'm running the siemens 630cc injectors and the idle is a bit bouncy. hopefully things will settle out. Stock clutch is still holding over after some rounds of hard driving. I had to park for the night because the cops out out looking for me. They always seem to be posted in various spots near my house after some logging.

I had no problems with the dv. I just used some hose from the local hardware store to connect the large nipple to the one on the end of the dv hose going into the stock inlet. The hardest part was definantly setting up the PCV. I had to cut my stock metal tube and and tubing to get it to fit. It took me quite a bit of head scratching but once i saw what i needed to do i was fine. Does anyone know where i can get some really soft hoses? the hardware store shit is so hard

I did two caps times logs. One was 3.99 at a slight downhill, and 4.45 on a slight uphill going the other way. average is bout 4.23. I should submit a caps time. I'll post up both logs as well. Everything seems to running awesome exept for my misfires on the top end. i'm pretty sure they are plugs. I'm gonna try the bkr7es and see how they go. I'm running the 6's gapped to .024 and they miss up top a bit. The car feels very strong though. I don't think my clutch is gonna last a few more 3rd gear pulls for logging. Its not slipping yet, but shifting hard into 4th is making me slip. I'm actually pretty impressed with the stock clutch. Its only have 70k miles on it and babied its entire life.

Poopie, did you do a VAG TBA? also, make sure you disco your battery for some time, then do the TBA.

Poopie
02-16-2007, 06:00 AM
nope. didn't do a vag Tba. I just disconnected the battery for a little bit. connected it and put the key in the on position for a minute. do I need to vag tba?

RosenTurd
02-16-2007, 06:02 AM
Picsssssss

94jedi
02-16-2007, 06:05 AM
Yeah, I would do it. It'll help smooth things out. Anytime you disco the ecu, it's a good idea to do the vag tba.

Poopie
02-16-2007, 10:29 AM
I tried to do a TBA and now things arent much better. I can't even attempt another TBA. When I went to block 98 everything looked fine...now the TBA shows error when I go to basic settings. This never happened before. I don't know what to do now. I'm idling at 1200 rpm and its bouncing. What could cause this?

1 Fault Found:
17967 - Throttle Valve Control part (J338): Fault in basic settings
P1559 - 35-00 - -

i tried to clean it at work but no luck. What would be the best way to diagnose this?

bassed
02-16-2007, 12:39 PM
Come on don't say 1000 miles, I'm at 325 on my new Southbend and it sucks waiting for this ish. I have already had to let so many good ones go. [wrench] [drive] [race]

Keep letting em go it's not worth it! Break it in RIGHT!

94jedi
02-16-2007, 01:32 PM
I tried to do a TBA and now things arent much better. I can't even attempt another TBA. When I went to block 98 everything looked fine...now the TBA shows error when I go to basic settings. This never happened before. I don't know what to do now. I'm idling at 1200 rpm and its bouncing. What could cause this?

1 Fault Found:
17967 - Throttle Valve Control part (J338): Fault in basic settings
P1559 - 35-00 - -

i tried to clean it at work but no luck. What would be the best way to diagnose this?
Hmm....you used block 060 and basic settings for the tBA right?

Poopie
02-16-2007, 01:37 PM
DOH! I used 98....my bad.

94jedi
02-16-2007, 01:48 PM
remember, when you do the vag tba, after it finishes doing it's thing you have to let it sit for about 1 minute or so with out touching the laptop.

Poopie
02-17-2007, 11:58 AM
still wont' adjust =(

i think my throttle body is bad. I can't do a TBA unless I clear the codes, but I can't clear the throttle body code. Is there a way around it?

Nor_Cal_Driver
02-18-2007, 05:28 PM
Keep letting em go it's not worth it! Break it in RIGHT!

At almost 500 now and I am still waiting, no hard launches, a few nice 1st to 2nd shifts though that feel great.

offroader1006
02-18-2007, 05:51 PM
still wont' adjust =(

i think my throttle body is bad. I can't do a TBA unless I clear the codes, but I can't clear the throttle body code. Is there a way around it?

i think you can pull the Inst. cluster fuse. at least thats the way around some codes when tuning with lemmiwinks.

bitterchild
02-18-2007, 05:53 PM
still wont' adjust =(

disc batt neg, unplug tb connect, clean w/ electronic contact cleaner, ensure good contact, batt conn, key on and see if the tb checks itself. Should be the usual range of motion motor sounds. If not then you need to check the harness for obvious damage and ensure proper voltage is being supplied.

SeanF
02-18-2007, 05:57 PM
james get on aim!