PDA

View Full Version : Sound system. New Mod!

Monchichi8
02-12-2007, 04:38 PM
In a quest not to be outdone by my lil brother, he had just put in his Alpine NAV touchscreen/soundsystem.I decided today that the stock Bose system wasn't cutting it,Sooooo 1st step. Replace the speakers.. and these are what I bought today for the front. Keep in mind I will have to do this in stages...but its going to be sick!!!!!
http://www.zapco.com/
These are the front speakers...
http://www.zapco.com/prod/Speakers/Reference/2_RH-13.2_Frame.htm

I already have an amp and other equipment, so I am starting off with the fronts(Zapco), replacing the rear JL's with Zapcos and then will be replacing my JL 4x75 amp with this 6 channel Zapco that will run F,R, and the sub which will be a 10in Alumapro. http://www.zapco.com/prod/DC_Ref/DC_6506Frame.htm
I have always wanted a super high end car auido system and I'am finally going to do it.I will keep you guys updated with pics. The front stage should be here this next week and I going to get it going then.

JumboBlack1.8
02-12-2007, 04:44 PM
WOW....that is really high quality equipment....I wish I didn't go the cheap route with my system....If your gonna do a stereo, you definately should pay for the kind of speakers you'll be satisfied with. Good luck with the intall!

SeanF
02-12-2007, 04:52 PM
zapco = [up]

onemoremile
02-12-2007, 04:52 PM
Nice equipment. Just remember that equipment is only half of a high end system. The install is every bit as important.

Calabria
02-12-2007, 04:59 PM
nice speakers, but to me, spending that much on componets aint worth it. most ears cant reconize the differeance between most $100 spearkers and $700 speakers. my friend as CDT ($600) all the way around and it sounds really good, while my other friend as alpine type r ($200) componets all around and i couldnt tell you the diff between the two.

europshhrc279
02-12-2007, 05:15 PM
yeah i just put in a power acoustics amp and 2 10" subs and it shakes the whole car ...pretty cool..probaly gonna sell the amp though cuz i got everything for free from my grandpa..haha lol he found it in a car cuz he sells cars

drunknmunky408
02-12-2007, 05:42 PM
I was just about to post a thread regarding the sound system. I am looking to upgrade my system but having the intention to keep my stock symphony deck but adding an amp, replacing the speakers and adding a sub. What do you guys recommend as a medium range set up. I am looking to spend about $600 max.

JMaxx93
02-12-2007, 06:21 PM
Install and setup are way more important once you're in a certain price range. And my friend you are in that range. Speaker location and direction can make huge differences. Unfortunately, it take money or time to do that in cars. As far as what sounds better, there is no answer. when I go to Chipotle I get the chicken burritto with hot sauce, my wife gets chicken tacos with just cheese and lettuce. Neither one of us eats a better tasting lunch. Ideally you would listen to each one of your considerations in your car while driving. But most of us have to settle with finding an audio shop that has a working display with the settings correct. this will help you decide if you like bright or warm mids and highs. And after installing take time to set everything you paid for.

I was just about to post a thread regarding the sound system. I am looking to upgrade my system but having the intention to keep my stock symphony deck but adding an amp, replacing the speakers and adding a sub. What do you guys recommend as a medium range set up. I am looking to spend about $600 max.

I'm sorry to say that $600 for all that would be a low-end set up.

wood_e
02-12-2007, 06:28 PM
lol wow, triple posting...

Maybe I'm just cheap but my alpine deck and stock component speakers sound great...

JMaxx93
02-12-2007, 06:29 PM
lol wow, triple posting...

Maybe I'm just cheap but my alpine deck and stock component speakers sound great...

don't konw what you're talkin 'bout. [cool]

B5S413
02-12-2007, 06:54 PM
wow

benzteck
02-12-2007, 06:58 PM
zapco is good stuff I i didn't get such good deals on mb quart they'd definately be one of my top picks

ny02s4
02-12-2007, 07:06 PM
thats one diesel ass amp you got there!

Monchichi8
02-12-2007, 07:17 PM
Thanks.I can't wait to get started. And, yes..the install is just as important as the componets..And trust me everything will be top notch! This is for sure a system for Audiophiles. My Dad was an Audio Designer and Buyer for many years as I was growing up,so I grew up listening and understanding what really makes a great system.The difference now is..I am finally able to afford some of some of the fun toys for myself.

wood_e
02-12-2007, 07:18 PM
don't konw what you're talkin 'bout. [cool]

Very sly there....[cool]

nizmosx
02-12-2007, 07:42 PM
how does zapco compare to mb quart. i used to have mb quart but sold all my ish as i didnt think i would ever want to upgrade my system

Nor_Cal_Driver
02-13-2007, 08:43 PM
If you like quarts check out Focal.

Zapco makes great amps, never been exposed to their speakers though.

Monchichi8
02-14-2007, 12:02 PM
If you like quarts check out Focal.

Zapco makes great amps, never been exposed to their speakers though.

Yor right. my lil bro has the focals in his car and loves em. Good speakers. As far as the Zapco stuff.ITs just a cut above the rest.Amp and Speakers..everthing is made in House(except the Iforce stuff..I believe,which they send out for a cheaper start up line) Between the Amp and the seperates that are going in...the imaging is going to be insane!
ZAPCO DCS amp features a USB input. This allows a PC to be hooked directly to the amp to set all functions. All functions can be set as stereo pairs or as individual channels. These DSP functions include:
1 - Output and input Gain
2 - Input mode: Rt, Lft, or Sum Mono
3 - Crossover mode: High Pass, Low pass, Band Pass
4 - Crossover Slope from 6 - 24dB
5 - Q-Bass Equalization
6 - Network Node Position
7 - Time Delay by both time and distance
8 - 10 bands of Parametric Equalization per Channel