PDA

View Full Version : Gt2x Or Gtrs

quattro16
02-12-2007, 09:42 AM
Now ive been doing alot of research and I just need personal opinons on this point. I have a b5 2000 1.8t auto, and everyone is telling me the gt2x is crap and not to waste my money. There saying get the GTRS kit. But remember I have a 5spd automatic with a tip chip and dotn want to do anything to the trans as of yet. Would the gtrs kit be too much for the trans? And I only see a complete kit on renn-art with unitronic tunning. Is there any other sofware out there to run good on a b5 auto? If the gtrs kit is too much for the trans then anyother suggestions other then a k04 setup?

superman_006
02-12-2007, 09:54 AM
GTRS, its not too much for the Tranny, The GTRS has been really reliable for most, its also oil/ water cooled where as the GT2X is only oil cooled

audi rick
02-12-2007, 09:55 AM
gtrs

sean1.8t
02-12-2007, 10:03 AM
i would say gtrs..

but more importantly what do you want out of the car? what kind of times are you looking for? or are you into auto-Xing? etc

maxspeed
02-12-2007, 10:05 AM
the gtrs wont be too much for your tip tranny because the torque isnt gonna come flooding on
the gt2x has supposedly put down some decent track times as well
depends how much you want to spend on fueling, and what your goals are realistically.

superman_006
02-12-2007, 10:06 AM
GT2X Eliminator
Bolt in upgrade. Slightly larger than the K04. Good for 220Awhp. Most people use the Mika tuning from ATP, others use modified K04 software. it is only oil cooled unlike the other eliminators

GTRS Eliminator
Bolt in upgrade. Much larger than the stock K03. Produces roughly 350chp. Mika tuning or Unitronic for the B5.

GT2871R Eliminator
Bolt in upgrade. $95 more than the GT28RS elim. good for 400chp. Mika or Unitronic for the B5.

Note: For the eliminators, I highly recommend a braided oil return line. The stock oil return will work, but it's a pain to get in. Unitronics for software, but also Mika tuning offered by ATP can be a good software. but FWIW not off the shelf. it requires tweaks to get things running right. some have run tweaked ko4 software with success on this big of a turbo. ATP and Renn-Art are the best places to get the eliminator products. Renn-Art has a proven kit.
from Sean 1.8t

mike-2ptzero
02-12-2007, 10:11 AM
If it was my car I would go GTRS or 71r elim kit and just run a little less boost till you were ready to do some upgrades to the tip trans. Remember it is tq and how quickly it hits which tends to put more stress on the tip trans then the actual amount of hp you are making. A larger turbo running the same or less boost will have a slower tq curve while making the same or more hp vs a smaller turbo.

UN-PIMP-Z-A4
02-12-2007, 01:47 PM
if your worried about your tranny and scared of the "bigger" turbo's then get a Ko4 kit and get all the supporting mods to extract the most power from it.