PDA

View Full Version : Just did my timing belt

JMaxx93
02-11-2007, 06:04 PM
As the title reads, I just finished changing my timing belt and all associated goodies. Everything went good and I even got to clean some stuff. Big thanks to whoever that was that did the DIY Guide on audiDIY.com. I was just curious if there was a specific way to fill the coolant so that I don't get air in the system? or do i just keep it topped off and check for leaks?

audiness
02-11-2007, 06:12 PM
i just did mine too, I filled it up with 2 bottles of g12+ and 1 bottle of water, I ran it for a while now I have to wait until it cools off and sucks more coolant back into the system i guess.

Poopie
02-11-2007, 06:33 PM
squeeze the tubes and hoses to help you move the coolant.

TQMB5
02-11-2007, 10:06 PM
there is a air bleeder by the battery, im sure someone will chime in i know i saw a writup somewhere, you pull a rubber hose back just far enough so a hole on the nipple it is on shows, letting out the excess air. once coolant come outs, then drive the car around the block a few times, get it warm, then shut it off and let it cycle coolant through. When i did mine i almost overheated my car because i didnt let it get coolant through the whole engine.

JMaxx93
02-12-2007, 04:47 AM
^^^^^^^^ Is this true???? Anyone?