PDA

View Full Version : boost controller location

creechsa4
02-11-2007, 07:30 AM
Question for turbo guros , i'm just finishing up my 2871 install doing the mbc. i've searched and found the wastegate line should be no longer than a foot length. Would i be safe to run a foot from compressor outlet to mbc, then a foot from mbc to wastegate actuator? I know we're supposed to have it as close as possible to turbo, but i don't want to melt my hand when adjusting boost, i've burnt myself many a times working around the turbo. my objective is to mount it somewhat close to the airbox location on the "cool" side....[wrench]

Thanks guys!

ct1.8t4me
02-11-2007, 07:50 AM
I am using a bleed-type MBC and I simply cut the wastegate line and inserted a T fitting. The line from the T goes up to the area where the MAF is. That is where I have my valve located. No problems with lag or overboost. In actuality, you can sort of tune the onset of boost with some of these variables as well.

mike-2ptzero
02-11-2007, 08:55 AM
Are you still using the stock air box? If not you can mount the MBC to the fender using the air box bolt location. I have been running a EBC for 6 years and that is where I used to have it the step motor mounted, now I have it mounted next to the battery.

creechsa4
02-11-2007, 10:30 AM
nah i just mentioned the old airbox location as a reference point. so that length of hose will be fine to mount the mbc near the fender mount near the hood?

creechsa4
02-11-2007, 10:31 AM
oh yeah, i'm running a regular ball type mbc bypassing the n75 altogether.

bitterchild
02-11-2007, 10:43 AM
dont stress over the length, you can always run a smaller line if that volume is really affecting response (it won't)

creechsa4
02-11-2007, 11:52 AM
cool thanks for your help all. off to my garage to finish!