PDA

View Full Version : I hate pot holes

benzteck
02-10-2007, 08:03 PM
I was driving to the store from my aunts house tonight and having a little cornering fun in the process, and I cut a corner a little tight and their was this pothole on the edge of the road then bang. I took like 2 more corners then notice I was pulling to the right real bad so I pull over and the r/f tire is flat shit, the I drive back the the house and get here to find the r/r tire has lost a ton of air so now I need to pull quite a bit of money out of my ass and buy some wheels and tires this is lame. The wheels that are on the car are cheap borbet 15's with michelin x-ice's on them which is what came on the car when I bought it. Now I'm getting my summer wheels way tooo early as it is the middle of winter here. How's everybody else doing tonight.

P.S. this is after last sunday when my buddy backed into my car ruining the hood and grill. My car is getting all kinds of new treats lately, RS4 grill, cf hood, now wheels and tires

a4sleepa
02-10-2007, 09:46 PM
well, thats one way to hook your ride up guilt free

dukez
02-10-2007, 09:55 PM
During this raining season, I like to drive over puddles of water on the road and make big splashes. In one parking lot, i got owned because it was a huge ass pothole under that water, I clunked the bottom of my front pretty hard. [down]

ki11switch
02-10-2007, 10:06 PM
on wed. i was driving my a4, lost a little traction on a turn and my front right tire went off the road, and i guess the edge of the pavement was ruff and cut my tire open..

..that night i was driving my new jeep with the hemi, and got another flat

benzteck
02-10-2007, 10:15 PM
I just drove back to the spot where i bent my wheel(def. 1in. bend in the wheel) and the white line on the edge of the road just disappears into a 6 inch deep hole on the side of the road damn that sucks. I was thinking rs4 reps. you can get them for $136 a wheel at discount tire but I'm gonna go in and try to get a better deal because my shop buy's wheels and tires from them pretty frequently, thanks for chiming in guys at least I'm not the only one with this luck lately

The1amRadio
02-11-2007, 09:53 AM
i took my friend up to nova to pick up a new (to him) s4 last sunday. we took it for a test drive and 100 yards into it, he hit a corner pretty fast, on the other side there was a railroad crossing.... before he even fully paid for it he broke off the bottom half of the front bumper.

20vpower
02-11-2007, 10:18 AM
i took my friend up to nova to pick up a new (to him) s4 last sunday. we took it for a test drive and 100 yards into it, he hit a corner pretty fast, on the other side there was a railroad crossing.... before he even fully paid for it he broke off the bottom half of the front bumper.

haha two weeks after buyin my car i decided to try an S styly turn on one of these streets by my house. with my luck there was a guy turnin left that i didnt see until my damn fwd lost traction, then slam. laters to my driver side headlight, bumper, fender and bent a few control arms. also not to mention i got an awsome custom paint job on my rim of the other guys tire, that i still cant get off.

maxspeed
02-11-2007, 01:10 PM
s turns in a fwd car? what were you expecting to happen?

loustylez
02-12-2007, 08:33 AM
haha two weeks after buyin my car i decided to try an S styly turn on one of these streets by my house. with my luck there was a guy turnin left that i didnt see until my damn fwd lost traction, then slam. laters to my driver side headlight, bumper, fender and bent a few control arms. also not to mention i got an awsome custom paint job on my rim of the other guys tire, that i still cant get off.

make sure to let me know if you're ever driving around in kansas city...

ProOnThaSnow
02-12-2007, 09:05 AM
Twisties in a Frontrak? Are you smoking rocks?!?!? Quattro baby.... yeeeeaaahhhh.

seank
02-12-2007, 11:54 AM
sounds like most of you need to realize public roads are not race tracks and are not maintained as such. every story in here could have not happened if a little more thought was present.

ActiveMonkey
02-12-2007, 12:10 PM
I just enjoy having 40,000 warranty on my tires. If anything happens, nail, gash, blowout... new tire the same day. Buy damn so i hate pot holes too. Even worse in my GF car

a4cefed
02-12-2007, 08:46 PM
a pot hole so bad i had to take a pic, gotta love the roads in chicago
http://www.audizine.com/gallery/data/500/5716Resized_Brookfield-90206_005.jpg

benzteck
02-12-2007, 10:53 PM
Ya you can't always avoid these things the road I was on is traveled by trucks pretty frequently now days and was made a long long time ago. New pot holes pop up on that road every day its very lame.

SurferForever
02-13-2007, 01:40 AM
oh, i cant wait to take some jersey pics for you guys out there . . . they dig up the road to make repais and never fill in the holes . . . you dont even know

ProOnThaSnow
02-13-2007, 02:08 AM
Haha, Grand ave here in Billings is by far THE worst road I have ever driven on. I don't like going down it in my car right now at stock height... its fuggin ridiculous.

Aliel
02-13-2007, 02:20 PM
I had two wheels crack on me because of Jersey roads.

Rosati
02-13-2007, 03:21 PM
That pic posted wouldnt even be described as a pot hole over here, more like a smooth road imperfection

SurferForever
02-13-2007, 04:34 PM
That pic posted wouldnt even be described as a pot hole over here, more like a smooth road imperfection

Amen to that . . .

Heres one of the good ol' jersey ones for ya
http://www.sierraclubplus.org/insider/images051005/pothole.jpeg