PDA

View Full Version : need S4 suspension info

getch74
02-10-2007, 07:57 PM
I have just bought a 2000 S4, and I was gving it good cleaning today. I noticed that the front of that car was sitting about an inch higher then the back. I also have a question abut the S4 shocks. What type oem shocks are on a S4? I attempted to take look at the shocks. The only thing I could tell is that they were yellow and springs where black, which is probably typical. Are the stocks shocks yellow on the S4 or do you think they are aftermaket shocks?

Tifosi
02-12-2007, 07:40 PM
From you post, I would say that your car has stock suspensions. The shocks, I believe are made by Sach and I am not sure about the springs. IIRC, B5 S4s ride ~1" lower than their 2.8 A4 siblings with sports suspension.

Tifosi
02-13-2007, 08:09 AM
I believe that I have made a mistake about the shocks on your car. I was just going through some pics of S4s and noticed that the OEM shocks are red, not yellow. So you probably have stock springs mated to aftermarket shocks. Sorry about the misinformation.

jeremy@matrix
02-15-2007, 04:07 PM
I believe that I have made a mistake about the shocks on your car. I was just going through some pics of S4s and noticed that the OEM shocks are red, not yellow. So you probably have stock springs mated to aftermarket shocks. Sorry about the misinformation.

Correct, and many can be made by Sachs, although vehicle manufacturers (ie Audi) from time to time pick from different manufacturers so they may be Boge's as well. Sachs are typically red.

But having the front sit higher than the back is odd. Try to take a better look at any stickers on them. They may be Bilstein HD's (which would raise the car a bit), or Bilstein Sport's (for shorter, aftermarket lowering springs) or Koni Sport's (for shorter, aftermarket lowering springs).

HTH,
Jeremy