PDA

View Full Version : Overboosting??????

Monchichi8
02-10-2007, 01:19 PM
On my 2001 1.8 , I recently put in a boost guage. I know my car should boost 10-12lbs, however When I step on it....I get readings of 20lbs and then it drops to 15 and will hold at 10-12 when the car has no more to give. I hooked up another guage to see if that one was faulty and I got the same meausements. I had a APR trial upload in it a couple of years ago and the power difference was great.Big difference!Could there possibly be anything left in there from APR? I called them and they really didn't have too much to say other then check your wastegate actuator. The car seems to drive perfectly fine.Never had a problem with it...Just curious as to why I would be getting such a reading and not the power. I am planning to install the Dalhback software here in the next week or so and want to know if there is going to be any problems becuse of the old Apr stuff. Anyone have any ideas on what is going on or am I crazy??? Anyone know what channel the boost meausements are on in the VAG program?? I had the car scanned and it read no overboost readings. Whats up?? thanks, Chris

Tiluleshpingen
02-10-2007, 01:34 PM
to me it does'nt sound like overboosting its normal there are plenty of guys here boosting that much with k03, different car take the modd differently.. i tried my chip on my friends 97 1.8t and on his car it was spiking 21 psi and holding at 17.. on mine it was spiking 17 holding 15 psi..

Monchichi8
02-10-2007, 01:41 PM
to me it does'nt sound like overboosting its normal there are plenty of guys here boosting that much with k03, different car take the modd differently.. i tried my chip on my friends 97 1.8t and on his car it was spiking 21 psi and holding at 17.. on mine it was spiking 17 holding 15 psi..

SO this is something I shouldn't be worried about?? even if the Actual program should be gone.... It was just a trial chip, 6 driving hours. I am ready to put in this Dahlback chip since my warranty is up and there tunning is soldered in.

ice cream man
02-10-2007, 01:45 PM
I am ready to put in this Dahlback chip since my warranty is up and there tunning is soldered in.

They dont solder chips in ndbw cars post 99.5

Monchichi8
02-10-2007, 01:50 PM
They dont solder chips in ndbw cars post 99.5

Really?? I was told they did. So I could have done this way before my warranty was up??

ice cream man
02-10-2007, 01:52 PM
I think so all they do is "reflash" your car with a program, i believe you could delete the program and go back to stock..

JumboBlack1.8
02-10-2007, 03:08 PM
Yep. They do a reflash. I've got the same program flashed into my DBW ecu

maxspeed
02-10-2007, 06:08 PM
20 psi is nothing

i spike to around 23 - 24 psi

sean1.8t
02-10-2007, 06:16 PM
20 psi is nothing

i spike to around 23 - 24 psi

yeah, with diode and mbc..

but you guys have to consider that Monchichi8 is up in high elevation in the cold. so if he was at sea level in warmer temps the boost would be even higher

Monchichi8
02-10-2007, 06:22 PM

but you guys have to consider that Monchichi8 is up in high elevation in the cold. so if he was at sea level in warmer temps the boost would be even higher

Exactly. and this is supposed to be stock program.

mike-2ptzero
02-10-2007, 06:42 PM

Only the "cold" part of that statement is true, the elevation has nothing to do with it. He is able to run more adv timing at high elevation vs sea level. Only real thing elevation has effects on is the CFM since the air is much thinner.

Monchichi8 - Block 115 to log requested and actually boost levels. Before you do a log make sure to record that block while the car is at idle so you can get a ATMOS pressure reading to subtract from the boost readings.

Monchichi8
02-10-2007, 07:13 PM
Only the "cold" part of that statement is true, the elevation has nothing to do with it. He is able to run more adv timing at high elevation vs sea level. Only real thing elevation has effects on is the CFM since the air is much thinner.

Monchichi8 - Block 115 to log requested and actually boost levels. Before you do a log make sure to record that block while the car is at idle so you can get a ATMOS pressure reading to subtract from the boost readings.

Dude, you Rock! thanks bro.