PDA

View Full Version : QUick HELP NEEDED - Still no boost after fixing leak

quattrojunky99
02-07-2007, 07:58 PM
I haven't been getting any boost for about a week or so now- no I don't have a boost gauge but its was obvious nothing was going on. I built myself a boost leak checker and found a loose wastegate line and a crack in the hard elbow to the bypass valve hose. Fixed those and the system held pressure so I took her on the road --- nothing at first. I ran some hard pulls in 2nd & 3rd but didn't feel anything. Suddenly, in the middle of one runi t was like the boost just ripped in for about a second along with a strange sound and then cut off again. It did this one more time and that was it - no more boost.

What gives???

Also, ran it for like 15 minutes trying to get things figured out and when I was done I popped the hood and the turbo was glowing - Is that normal?

speedydragon
02-07-2007, 10:37 PM
i don't think a glowing ko3 would be too normal...

stevied916
02-07-2007, 10:39 PM
get a boost gauge and see what is going on

camthman
02-07-2007, 10:44 PM
get a boost gauge and see what is going on

+1 on that

a4rings
02-07-2007, 11:38 PM
its normal for the trubo to glow red hot but that means its actually boosting so u prolly still have a leak or something

AudiRacerS4
02-08-2007, 03:45 AM
either you still have a leak or your cat is clogged

quattrojunky99
02-08-2007, 06:36 AM
OK - glowing K03 is normal.

Why no boost? I'll try to find a gauge tonight and hook it up and I'll look again for a leak but the system held pressure last night after I fixed the two leaks.

In the two instances where I did get boost it only lasted a second or two but I also heard a strang noise at the same time. THe noise went away when it stopped boosting? Thanks for the help.

badassbaldie
02-08-2007, 07:43 AM
In the two instances where I did get boost it only lasted a second or two but I also heard a strang noise at the same time. THe noise went away when it stopped boosting? Thanks for the help.

What kind of sound was it? Bad wastegate?

Poopie
02-08-2007, 08:31 AM
It could be a stuck wastegate. Just upgrade your turbo and be done with it. You have a good excuse now.

quattrojunky99
02-08-2007, 09:59 AM
That's the first thing to jump into my head - turbo upgrade! However, I have a few other monitary commitments first so I really need to get this fixed.

The sound could have been high pressure air going on and off real fast - would that be the N75 or the wastegate?

turboquattro068
03-11-2007, 07:08 PM
probably a wastegate, but id get a boost controller in first to see if your boosting or whats going on, also, is the car stock? that would give us a big hand.....and are you throwing any cels? or codes?> go to advanced and check it out