PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Body Problem with Pics

RAyala2.7T
02-07-2007, 12:41 PM
Ok, my girl's B5 AEB Passat has been having throttle problems lately due to the cold weather. On top of that there is a code that can't be cleared stating the throttle body cannot adapt. This issue is causing off throttle jerkiness and poor cold start ups. I've always known the TB is the culprit but recently took pics and got the part number. The part number doesn't match up and there are two nipples for vacuum connectors which have been plugged. We bought it used over a year ago with some mods/bugs and I've worked most of them out but I thought I'd just show you this

http://www.audizine.com/gallery/data/500/5624throttle_body_2.jpg

http://www.audizine.com/gallery/data/500/5624throttle_body_1.jpg

See the 2 nipples that have been capped off? Strange....

Also the part number on the throttle body is 078133063AH
The part number to an AEB throttle body is 058133063Q from what I found online.

Any input to what throttle body is on my girl's Passat?

k0mpresd
02-07-2007, 01:00 PM
078 133 063 ah is for for an automatic aha (v6) car

etka says to also use part # 034 133 335 w/ the throttle body which is listed as a "cap"...so one of those caps is stock..the other would be for a vacuum line that your car obviosuly doesnt have

058 133 063 q is correct for an aeb

MultiAudis
02-07-2007, 01:05 PM
well there you have it

RAyala2.7T
02-07-2007, 03:13 PM
well shit. thanks for clearing that up kompressd. guess i should have bought that old throttle body you had back in the day. i found a used one for 150 on ebay.

Audigeek
02-07-2007, 03:16 PM
try to do a throttle body adaptation/re-alignment procedure...see if that helps

RAyala2.7T
02-07-2007, 03:21 PM
has a code that can't clear stating throttle body unable to adapt. tried doing it a few times when i used to work at VW

audiness
02-07-2007, 07:27 PM
as stated above do the adaptation, and also check your TPS (throttle position sensro)

Audigeek
02-07-2007, 08:07 PM
has a code that can't clear stating throttle body unable to adapt. tried doing it a few times when i used to work at VW

you tried doing what a few times?? clearing the code.. or doing the TBA??

bass_lover1
02-07-2007, 09:32 PM
you tried doing what a few times?? clearing the code.. or doing the TBA??

Well if he's got a hard fault code (meaning he can't clear it) that says the TB is unable to adapt...I'm gonna venture to say that he's tried it and it didn't work...

My guess is that there is obviously something different about the mechanism inside the TB that your ECU isn't coded for...since it is a V6 TB and the car is a 1.8T...

I guess it would kinda be like the DTC that you get when you have a manual tranny w/ an ECU coded for a TIP...or something similar.

RAyala2.7T
02-08-2007, 07:14 AM
Well if he's got a hard fault code (meaning he can't clear it) that says the TB is unable to adapt...I'm gonna venture to say that he's tried it and it didn't work...

My guess is that there is obviously something different about the mechanism inside the TB that your ECU isn't coded for...since it is a V6 TB and the car is a 1.8T...

I guess it would kinda be like the DTC that you get when you have a manual tranny w/ an ECU coded for a TIP...or something similar.

Bass_Lover1 is correct. It is a hard code that can't be cleared along with the throttle body being unable to adapt. The two go hand in hand in this case.

How the V6 throttlebody got there, I don't know. We bought the car used over a year ago and it did have a few mods. I had a post about the turbo last year when it crapped out and I replaced it with a K03s. General consensus is that it was one of those E05 turbos. Some of the woes of buying a used modded car... you don't know how professional of a job the last person did with it.