PDA

View Full Version : a bad idea

bandit
02-04-2007, 11:24 AM
I was coming back from jersey on the turnpike and it was raining/snowing during the drive. Came upon a salting truck in the right lane going the usually 50mph. Got tired of driving behind it so I tried to pass it. As I got closer it was like a super hail storm of salt so I backed away again. Now I come home and theres a layer of salt on lower part of the radiator and on the bumper. I just got done cleaning the bumper off but I'm not sure if it's safe to power wash parts of the engine near the radiator. Help please [headbang] [headbang]

sean1.8t
02-04-2007, 11:28 AM
you don't need to powerwash it. just make sure the engine is completely cold and wash it down with medium presure water..

my brother used to go to the salt flats a lot with his old car(talk about salt everywhere!) and he would just run a sprinkler underneath his car in like 5 different spots for like 5-10 minutes a time

Tiluleshpingen
02-04-2007, 04:00 PM
no need to power wash.. just cover altenator intake filter if you have one.... then spray it or hose it down with water make sure enginer is cold

SurferForever
02-04-2007, 04:17 PM
well here's my thoughts . . . they say steam cleans better. thats where they got the idea for all these new steam cleaners that are coming out. So i say get yer engine uip to normal op, hotter if you can, and then spray it with the coldest water you are able to hehe. ok, now that im done being a dick, just wash it off gently once the engine is cold. Dont need really much pressure at all when it comes to salt cause it just disolves. Do not do it when engine is hot, it was a joke . . . (just covering my ass so i dont get blamed for anything lol)