PDA

View Full Version : Speaker Question

A4 Sparks
02-02-2007, 12:26 PM
what size speakers are in the rear and front of our cars ? and what does everyone think is the best box ( subwoofers ) for bass and spl ?

AudiSeefu
02-02-2007, 12:59 PM
6 1/2 rear and 4 front

SurferForever
02-02-2007, 01:12 PM
i am going to be installing a single 12" solo-baric L7 . . . shoud be nice

bass_lover1
02-02-2007, 10:45 PM
what size speakers are in the rear and front of our cars ? and what does everyone think is the best box ( subwoofers ) for bass and spl ?

Not sure on speaker size...cause yours are different than my Passat...but anway.

If all you want is to be loud, then ported is your best bet, but my guess is you aren't very savvy with box building, so you're gonna want someone to do it for you. There's multiple calculations that are involved to get it right and it takes a bit of time to draw it up, and on top of that if while building the box everything isn't exactly to spec, ported boxes aren't very forgiving...

Also, it helps to know what speaker you plan to use, because not every driver is suited for a ported box application.

JMaxx93
02-03-2007, 10:11 AM
for just bass and spl i highly recommend a slot ported box. or if you don't mind spending a little extra and havin a freaquency band that's like 20db higher than the rest of your bass, a bandpass would work deceptively. <----but talk about boomy. official suggestion: slot port and at least (1)12 or (2)10's

Militant-Grunt
02-05-2007, 08:25 AM
The stock speakers have their own amps in the rear, if I were to get two new speakers for the rear, would I be able to use the stock amps in the back or would I need a new amp for the rear?

Chard
02-05-2007, 03:34 PM
i would think you'd need a new amp. The rear amp in the non-bose cars is connected to the driver's side speaker. If you remove that, you remove the amp.